• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

cant make this up

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fire & Ice

couple problems with this...and yes before anyone ATTEMPTS to defend this signing...yes i know its probably for 500,000 and its a 2way contract.

1. another devils retread...lets see if this list works. malakov,mogilny,holik,robinson,maclean,arnott,lemaire did i leave anyone off this list? do the devils realize there are other teams and other players in the nhl? other coaches other ideas besides their own? sooner they realize this the sooner this team can take a step in the right direction.

2. tough "fighters" arent needed in this nhl anymore. but you will say "hey we need someone to protect our stars". yeah? when was the last time parise was out there against cam jansen? or donald brasher? better yet say something happens to parise...when will cam jansen ever see ice time with crosby or datz? hmmmmm chances are never....because he is a liability on the defense side would be suspended instantly by the nhl and the other coach would most likely never have his star players out there with garbage palyers.

3. shows priority. i doubt lou woke up today and called cam's agent and got this deal done before lunch. so i'm going to go out on a limb and say this took a few days maybe weeks to do? yet we still dont have a coach we still dont have our great defenseman locked up (with a deadline less then 24hrs away) we also dont have our franchise lw even locked up beyond this year?

lou has to go i'm sorry he has to go

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is grasping at straws at it's finest. This probably took one phone call to accomplish, and is exactly as you said, a two way contract, league minimum, and saved the team money, and in the process of swapping jansen for PL3, got us an extra lower round draft pick.

Second, Larsson says that Lou and his agent are getting closer. What kind of GM do you want exactly? The kind that gives out 17 year deals (aka no negotiations) and costs the team $5M, draft picks, etc, etc? You can start talking about how Lou botched these things once actually happen, like parise leaving.

What would you have done if you're Lou? Offered Larsson a 3 year max entry level contract the day after we drafted him?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i dont get the 17 year comment....and yeah i'm thinking since they had to trade pl3 and then go out and sign cam this didnt happen in the span of 2 hours.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i dont get the 17 year comment....and yeah i'm thinking since they had to trade pl3 and then go out and sign cam this didnt happen in the span of 2 hours.

17 year comment is a reflection of how the Devils out bid the kings by more than $30M because there was no negotiation. Ownership decided that they were going to make the vanity bid at the earliest opportunity. It's Lou's job to sign players for the lowest amount possible. If you wanted Parise signed immediately we could have offered him an identical contract to Kovalchuk and paid him 10s of millions more than anyone else. It probably took 1 call to trade PL3. 1 call to resign Jansen.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
its nice to know AFTER the fact what people are or arent willing to pay. and i believe kovalchuk is worth every single penny even 30 million over it. its a stupid signing no if ands or butts around it!

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
its nice to know AFTER the fact what people are or arent willing to pay. and i believe kovalchuk is worth every single penny even 30 million over it. its a stupid signing no if ands or butts around it!

If Parise, and Larsson were already signed and we had a head coach, would it be a stupid signing?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
no it wouldnt...because i'm going to think that somehow jansen will still be there in august...he will still be there in september hell he probably would still be there in dec!

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cup, I think you are missing the point of a protector... its not that they are on the ice at the same but you watch if Zach takes a big hit or Avery is pushing Kovy around, Cam is on against that dude next shift and he is gonna shut him up. I still have faith that Lou will find a new home for Sal or Zubes, I'm thinking Zubes is gonna go to one of the teams that needs to get to the cap floor

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This isn't slapshot anymore...with the new rules in place any serious hit is am instant penalty and probable suspension. And who cares if every or someone is out there trash talking let them I say....sending jansen out there isnt going to shut them up for 2 reasons. 1. That's their job and they will do it. And 2 who says they would even drop their gloves and fight him? 500,000 a year to guard against smack talk? Ugh!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're making it sound like he's going to be on our top line. He'll either be a 4th liner playing 1:30 a night or be in the minors. He's a filler player to buy time for guys that aren't ready for the big club.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Uncle Lou just signed Larsson for what is essentially the minimum reasonable amount. I guess this is a lesson to learn regarding Lou and his negotiations.

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I'm ok with Janssen but why the fuck did Lou give Boulton a 1 way deal today? 1 tough guy is ok but we don't nee 2

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well Boulton can actually give you about 10 points which is better than Cam. Maybe Clarky is on the move soon?

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think Cam's going to be on the roster.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Boulton can actually give you about 10 points which is better than Cam. Maybe Clarky is on the move soon?

I would hope not Clarky is both younger and better than Boulton.If anything I would hope the move is to replace Pelley or Mair.Never been A fan of Boulton if I had to guess I would say we are bulking up the fourth line.Any word on the cap hit

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would hope not Clarky is both younger and better than Boulton.If anything I would hope the move is to replace Pelley or Mair.Never been A fan of Boulton if I had to guess I would say we are bulking up the fourth line.Any word on the cap hit

I like Clarkson too, but he didn't really advance last season. Still taking bad, bad penalties, and he's not taking a spot from Zpar, Zajac, Kovy, Elias, Rolston, Zubrus, JJ, Tedenby, or Palmieri. Which means he a 4th liner.

On the other hand, Lou LOVES Clarkson, so maybe he isn't on the block.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Boltton is signed for 2 years too?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Clarkson too, but he didn't really advance last season. Still taking bad, bad penalties, and he's not taking a spot from Zpar, Zajac, Kovy, Elias, Rolston, Zubrus, JJ, Tedenby, or Palmieri. Which means he a 4th liner.

On the other hand, Lou LOVES Clarkson, so maybe he isn't on the block.

Clarkson may not have advance on the score sheet from previous years.However I think he was more consistent on the ice than zubrus rolston and palmieri.he was also one of the few players who showed up the first half of the season.losing clarky would be a mistake obviously rolston would be the best to dump but that isn't happening.That said zubrus and Salvador are the 2 players I feel should be traded if it comes down to anyone else going.