• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can we talk about how good this Draft class looks?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the hype was in the Wiggins-Parker draft, but I'd say this draft class has potential to be the best since the Bron-Melo-Wade-Bosh draft back in 2003.

Towns is ALREADY putting up elite numbers as a big man, dominating the glass and blocking shots. He should be the favorite for ROY over Okafor, who's also been impressive, but it's not as convincing to me because he's on Philly, a team w/ ZERO offensive options outside of him.

Porzingis looks amazing. Stanley Johnson & Emmanuel Mudiay have shown flashes of their great potential. Winslow looks good too, Russell isn't getting as much PT as he should from Byron Scott but he looks promising as well.

Hezonja and WCS have had stretches where they've looked incredible, should develop into very solid role players at the very least. Then you got Turner, Booker, Grant, Kaminsky, & Hollis-Jefferson already making impacts now and then.

One of the deepest draft classes you'll find, imo. Still really early, but I can't remember rookies having this big of an impact across the league in a while.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the hype was in the Wiggins-Parker draft, but I'd say this draft class has potential to be the best since the Bron-Melo-Wade-Bosh draft back in 2003.

Towns is ALREADY putting up elite numbers as a big man, dominating the glass and blocking shots. He should be the favorite for ROY over Okafor, who's also been impressive, but it's not as convincing to me because he's on Philly, a team w/ ZERO offensive options outside of him.

Porzingis looks amazing. Stanley Johnson & Emmanuel Mudiay have shown flashes of their great potential. Winslow looks good too, Russell isn't getting as much PT as he should from Byron Scott but he looks promising as well.

Hezonja and WCS have had stretches where they've looked incredible, should develop into very solid role players at the very least. Then you got Turner, Booker, Grant, Kaminsky, & Hollis-Jefferson already making impacts now and then.

One of the deepest draft classes you'll find, imo. Still really early, but I can't remember rookies having this big of an impact across the league in a while.

It's definitely a good looking draft class so far. I might think it's closer to 2009, with Steph, Blake, Harden and a bunch of other really solid nba players.

Lots of potential still left in this draft. Bobby Portis hasn't gotten much run with the Bulls depth, but I think he's gonna be a player. Keep hearing how the Bucks think very highly of Rashad Vaughn. Trey Lyles and Kelly Oubre still could end up being very good role players. Kevon Looney hasn't even suited up yet for the Warriors, basically red-shirting this year with them. He has tons of potential as well.

Towns, Okafor and Porzingis look like they're going to be pretty big time, especially when Okafor realizes there is a defensive side to the court and when Porzingis puts on some muscle. Mudiay will be a very good PG in 3 years.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Booker would be up there too if Hornacek played him more than 3 mins of garbage time every game.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely a good looking draft class so far. I might think it's closer to 2009, with Steph, Blake, Harden and a bunch of other really solid nba players.

Lots of potential still left in this draft. Bobby Portis hasn't gotten much run with the Bulls depth, but I think he's gonna be a player. Keep hearing how the Bucks think very highly of Rashad Vaughn. Trey Lyles and Kelly Oubre still could end up being very good role players. Kevon Looney hasn't even suited up yet for the Warriors, basically red-shirting this year with them. He has tons of potential as well.

Towns, Okafor and Porzingis look like they're going to be pretty big time, especially when Okafor realizes there is a defensive side to the court and when Porzingis puts on some muscle. Mudiay will be a very good PG in 3 years.

Russell's Per-36 numbers are better than Mudiay's, he hasn't been given as much control as these other guys but I don't think he's looking like a bust as some folks in Lakers Nation are saying.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what I've seen from WCS, active defense and runs the floor. I'm most impressed with Porzingis because I thought it'd take him longer to show his potential while KAT, Okafor, and even Russell were more NBA ready. It was funny/sad watching Knicks fans boo him when he hadn't played a minute of NBA action.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Towns, Porzingis, Okafor have shined.

Mudiay will be a stud when he lessens his turnovers.

It's still super early to really critique anyone.

Some guys need a Season or two to get significant burn and to adjust to the speed of the game.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't really impressed with Mudiay when I saw him. When the Lakers came to town I wouldn't even notice Russell on the floor, he was that much of a non factor.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell's Per-36 numbers are better than Mudiay's, he hasn't been given as much control as these other guys but I don't think he's looking like a bust as some folks in Lakers Nation are saying.
A bust in less than 20 games?

Come on...I get wanting instant gratification. But, Damn...

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't really impressed with Mudiay when I saw him. When the Lakers came to town I wouldn't even notice Russell on the floor, he was that much of a non factor.

Mudiay has a few double-digit assists games.

Sadly, he's had just as many double-digit turnover games...lol

Slight exaggeration on the to's.

But, I do remember him having 11 in one game.:doh:

I still think he will be a stud.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, that can happen when you play alongside Kobe, Clarkson, Williams and Young.

It's pretty mind-numbing.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile the guy picked after Russell is averaging 19 points and 7 boards.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The ones doing that are the ones that were pissed the Lakers didn't take Towns and don't understand the importance of point guards in today's NBA.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile the guy picked after Russell is averaging 19 points and 7 boards.

Yes, with the same 2PT FG% as Jordan Clarkson, a guard. Simple case of a player stuffing the stat sheet on a team that is offensively thin. His defensive rating is among the lowest of all starting big men as well.

Russell will improve once he gets in the weight room, I've heard that he has never really lifted weights before he came into the NBA.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, with the same 2PT FG% as Jordan Clarkson, a guard. Simple case of a player stuffing the stat sheet on a team that is offensively thin. His defensive rating is among the lowest of all starting big men as well.

Russell will improve once he gets in the weight room, I've heard that he has never really lifted weights before he came into the NBA.
Russell can't guard for squat either. I'm not calling him a bust. I'll wait at least a year to make any judgments but right now he looks no where close to a top 10 pick let alone top 2. Also Byron Scott isn't doing him any favors.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ones doing that are the ones that were pissed the Lakers didn't take Towns and don't understand the importance of point guards in today's NBA.

Well, seeing as how he wasn't on the board when the Lakers picked I'd say they need to get over it.

Okafor would have been redundant when you have Randle.

This is the Curry era.

Not sure what's so hard to understand.

Maybe none of the rookie pg's turnout to be half as good as Steph.

But, you need a guy that can complete with the Kyrie's, Lillards, Wall's, Bledsoe's of the league.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell can't guard for squat either. I'm not calling him a bust. I'll wait at least a year to make any judgments but right now he looks no where close to a top 10 pick let alone top 2. Also Byron Scott isn't doing him any favors.

Devil's advocate....

Neither could Steph nor Nash.

They still turned out to he helluva Pg's.

I think he will need a Season to gain his s footing.

How many Teams flushed Billups down the toilet prematurely?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that can happen when you play alongside Kobe, Clarkson, Williams and Young.

It's pretty mind-numbing.

After 11 games, yeah.

I honestly think he is trying to stay in his rookie lane.

He can't just fire up 20 shots per game with Clarkson, Lou getting minutes at the same position.

He doesn't have the freedom that Lillard, Mudiay and even Carter_Williams had because their backups were either way passed their primes or dog shit.

If Russell starts throwing up bricks, his ass will be glued to the bench for a quarter.