• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can we put together a competitive package for Andrew McCutcheon?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First and foremost, take James paxson out of the equasion. After giving up Tia Walker, we can't trade away Paxson too.

So what do we have? Would Tyler O'Neill and Edwin Diaz be enough? Would you want to do that?

Cutch had an off year last year and Pittsburgh seems eager to dump him despite having him locked in a team friendly contract for the next two years, so this guy definitely comes with some red flags. On the other hand, he hit close to his career norms over the last two months of the season so maybe his off year was the result of a mid-season undiagnosed injury.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont do that deal. Tyler needs to see the major league team before even considering a trade including him, and Diaz is lights out so the value coming back wouldn't equate to what we would be losing. Keep in mind, if Diaz pitches all year in 2016 the M's are a 90+ win team. That being said, we've made solid additions to the lineup and really don't need to add a Cutch if it means losing really good controllable guys. If you said those two and some scraps for a Chris Sale then we can talk, but as of now I like the lineup.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass on him at this point in his career unless the cost is real cheap. We need pitching, pitching, pitching. Before the Walker deal I would have been more interested in it.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont do that deal. Tyler needs to see the major league team before even considering a trade including him, and Diaz is lights out so the value coming back wouldn't equate to what we would be losing. Keep in mind, if Diaz pitches all year in 2016 the M's are a 90+ win team. That being said, we've made solid additions to the lineup and really don't need to add a Cutch if it means losing really good controllable guys. If you said those two and some scraps for a Chris Sale then we can talk, but as of now I like the lineup.
I agtree with you - at least on the Tyler O'Neill part. I don't want to lose him. He is on the minor league fast track now after starting kinda slow. And he is still only 21. I'd rather part with DJ, who is almost 25 and still hasn't made an impact in AAA yet.

As for Diaz, I'd be more willing to give him up if the right deal came along. There were some cracks in his armor over the last six weeks of the season and we have yet to see whether he can adjust. Adjusting will be difficult for him because he only has two dominant pitches. If he develops a third, he'll be a nightmare for hitters all year long.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass on him at this point in his career unless the cost is real cheap. We need pitching, pitching, pitching. Before the Walker deal I would have been more interested in it.
He is due $28.5 million over the next two years. Doubt if the Pirates would be willing to eat any of that because its actually pretty low for a guy who was a perennial allstar up until last year.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt mind trading Tyler if we had more depth at SP I wouldnt mind trading paxton either seems like he can never finish a full season. It would be a huge upgrade to have AM playing CF for us our OF really is mediocre seth smith is alright for what we are paying him. With the addition of AM I would probably say that we have the best lineup in baseball. There is no way im looking to trade Diaz like someone already said if he is our closer and has a great season we are winning 90+ games. I think what managment is doing and I could be wrong is that they are looking for SP that can just last 5 or 6 innings and have the bullpen take over the game. mariners just signed that relief pitcher to 2 years from washington today.

My only concern with AC is that he could be a little overrated for what he is getting paid. a mid 20 homers, never had 200 hit or 100 RBI seasons? I would have rather landed Matt Kemp

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm out on him. He doesn't fit a position of need currently. If the M's make any moves with the prospects I hope it's for a pitcher.
I don't want to part with O'Neill or Diaz and definitely not both