• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can they afford Harrison

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't keep up much w contracts and stuff like that there, so having said that - - are the Warriors capable of resigning Harrison Barnes when the time is due? Dray Green has now earned a sizable raise. I say 50 mil over 5. Barnes looks like he is improving yet he has had a few games this year that produced next to nothing. It's also rare that he has any explosive games either. Are the Warriors' head honchos committed to him? I don't know if we can make a move this summer but I would love to deal for the Nets' Plumlee. The Nets could go twin towers and I would if they were them, but seccuring a young SF w some upside might be something of interest too. The Warriors meed to be more secure in their 5 spot as it's pretty evident that Bogut is injury prone and may not have more than a couple of years left of a live body.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we have two of us now who don't know much about contracts. I would love to keep HB because I think he's going to be a very good player and because of his high moral character. He's a better athlete than Green (size and jumping ability), but Green has more experience than HB, having played through his senior year at Michigan St while HB jumped to the NBA after one year at NC.

So, my answer is "beats me!"

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing w Draymont is that Dray sees the game, is in the game, reacts instinctively whereas Harrison may not have a real feel yet. I sort of wonder if Harrison will ever be able to maximize his talents and tools. Close call whether or not to resign.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing w Draymont is that Dray sees the game, is in the game, reacts instinctively whereas Harrison may not have a real feel yet. I sort of wonder if Harrison will ever be able to maximize his talents and tools. Close call whether or not to resign.

That's accurate to say, but I sure would like to have the opportunity at finding out without losing HB.

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can afford both of them, though if Lee or Iguodala is not moved, it will definitely cause them to go into the the luxury tax, which is something they have been avoiding. With Lee coming off the books in 2016 and the cap going up, it should allow them to avoid the repeater tax. Here is an article from Kawakami (not a fan), that breaks down some of the warriors current and future financial decisions. Hope this helps.

Kawakami: The Klay Thompson max deal: Why the Warriors did it, where the dollars fall year-by-year, and what it means now and long-term

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hard part about paying both is that eventually they will have to move Iguodala. Lee does come off the books and I think the Warriors would spend one year in the tax to ensure that they keep Draymond after this year. Also have to remember that Klay's new contract will kick in next year as well. After next season Lee will be off the books and the cap will likely rise to create some room. Then we're gonna have to max Curry out.

I'm hoping Draymond can be kept for somewhere in the neighborhood of 10M annually. 12M would be steep but he's in line to be our starting PF for years to come so you could justify that too.

Harrison will likely go for a lower amount but it really depends on how he continues to produce for the rest of this season. The Warriors will have to make a decision soon on their extension offer. a 5 year 40M offer would be great for the Warriors.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison Barnes' rejuvenation has been amazing and I hope we find a way to keep him or maximize return on a trade.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison Barnes' rejuvenation has been amazing and I hope we find a way to keep him or maximize return on a trade.

I think that Barnes is star in the making, but he'll be much better if he stays with the Warriors. When you have good, smart young players to learn from and when you're willing and eager to learn, that's where you need to be. Yes, Green is more savvy and smarter than HB is, but again, Barnes is younger and I think tha the smarts and dominating offensive game will develop for HB. The Warriors have the best two players in the league in Curry and Thompson, and for Barnes to be able to be around these seemingly great guys would be an invaluable asset for Barnes. Barnes has a very smooth 3-pt shot and he's an extreme great athlete. He just needs a few more years to get "the game" to slow down more for him like it has for Curry.

Did anyone hear that Draymond Green has a 7'3" wing spand, arms spread out side side. It's why he can defend bigger defenders well and why he's got a decent block per game average. I had no idea.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Barnes is star in the making, but he'll be much better if he stays with the Warriors. When you have good, smart young players to learn from and when you're willing and eager to learn, that's where you need to be. Yes, Green is more savvy and smarter than HB is, but again, Barnes is younger and I think tha the smarts and dominating offensive game will develop for HB. The Warriors have the best two players in the league in Curry and Thompson, and for Barnes to be able to be around these seemingly great guys would be an invaluable asset for Barnes. Barnes has a very smooth 3-pt shot and he's an extreme great athlete. He just needs a few more years to get "the game" to slow down more for him like it has for Curry.

Did anyone hear that Draymond Green has a 7'3" wing spand, arms spread out side side. It's why he can defend bigger defenders well and why he's got a decent block per game average. I had no idea.

Dude, you need to wait for your post-op meds to wear off before posting. Really? :L

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you need to wait for your post-op meds to wear off before posting. Really? :L

Yeah, I just read that and an eye-brow automatically raised when I read it. I think I meant the best two YOUNG players on one team. Are there any other two players under the age of 26 "on the same team" that you'd take besides them?

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison is not a star in the making. He may become a good role niche player. Ala Trevor Ariza. I prefer Jeff Green fyi.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison is not a star in the making. He may become a good role niche player. Ala Trevor Ariza. I prefer Jeff Green fyi.

That's just your opinion. I'm not saying he's going to be a top five NBA player. But he will get confidence in the next few years and we will see him doing incredible things in the NBA, whether or not it's for the Warriors. You can tell by Barnes demeanor that he will put in the work and get better, and he's got two players beside him, Curry and Thompson who he can learn from on how to improve as a player from year to year. Neither Thompson or Curry has Barnes' size or athleticism, so he has an incredible upside to his game. You just watch it happen.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just my opinion I have been an avid NBA watcher since I was a baby. I have seen them come and go. Having said that - HB may not have all that much in the way of instincts nor does he seem to have a varied or even growing repetoirre. He is athletic, fairly strong with a very nice stroke. He can not put the ball on the floor, weave through traffic and do much of anything when guarded. He is close to say Mike Miller or maybe Trevor Ariza w additional muscle. Of course he'll get better but his upside is as a nice complimentary player.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just my opinion I have been an avid NBA watcher since I was a baby. I have seen them come and go. Having said that - HB may not have all that much in the way of instincts nor does he seem to have a varied or even growing repetoirre. He is athletic, fairly strong with a very nice stroke. He can not put the ball on the floor, weave through traffic and do much of anything when guarded. He is close to say Mike Miller or maybe Trevor Ariza w additional muscle. Of course he'll get better but his upside is as a nice complimentary player.

Barnes really could improve his game with better dribbling to finish off his moves. I just believe in him deep down. We may let him go, but there'll be a time when we'll see Barnes and we'll say "man, he's really good now". He's two years behind Green in experience, if not 3. they were drafted in the same year when Barnes was a freshman and Green was a senior. You can't see where Barnes will be in 3 years and realize that he'll learn all of the things that Green now knows?

Again, it comes down to the individual. Is Barnes happy to just be in the NBA or does he want more? Will he put in thee extra time to reach new heights or will he just take the summer off and chill? I see him working his butt off with some guidance from Kerr and other Warriors.

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Harrison still has a huge upside. Look at how long it took Steph to really start being confident enough to dribble penetrate and go to the rack. We could see he always had it, but until his confidence grew he wasn't effective.
Now with that added dimension he is the Best Point Guard in the league.

Harrison will continue to grow. Now will he be a star, no one really knows, but he does have the potential.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harrison has it in him to be the bulkier version of Paul George, but he'll need to work on his handles. I don't see him ever getting near that point though. He's just a little too mechanical, and has to think too much out there. He's already a better player than I thought he'd be, so who really knows.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I never fully understood was the Bird rule and how it affects resigning players

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Paul George. I see a bulkier Richard Jefferson or Trevor Ariza.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The few times that plays are called for Barnes he looks silky smooth and very athletic. I'd try to keep him around.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Athletic?

The few times that plays are called for Barnes he looks silky smooth and very athletic. I'd try to keep him around.

Mont: I don't see it. I don't see any athleticism at all and even less explosiveness. I see a guy who hangs mostly on the perimeter w a very decent shot. Not great shot but good. If we can get Plumlee of the Nets for Barnes, I do it. No questions asked.