• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can someone post Kipers grade

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks.

bworku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington Redskins: A-
Top needs: OL, OLB, ILB, S

I don't think there was a softer team in the NFL the past season than the Redskins, especially on defense, where they simply didn't tackle. If there was a clear trend with this draft, it was a new GM drafting for toughness and attitude. Washington got a lot tougher on both sides of the ball in the first two rounds. I know there are questions about whether Brandon Scherff can stay at tackle in the NFL (he was a LT at Iowa), but even if he's a guard, while the pick value loses a little, the guy is a true mauler, a player who makes the run game better the second he steps on the field. Whether it's right tackle (makes sense) or guard, Scherff is a starter now. Preston Smith could have come off the board in Round 1, so to get him in Round 2 was minor coup. That's a clear need at OLB, and he can move around too. Matt Jones was a bit rich for me in terms of value, but it's all preference on RB at that point. Jamison Crowder is a small player, but again, a tough kid who has been hugely productive. Bill Polian threw out a Wes Welker comparison, and he doesn't typically exaggerate. Later on, they again got more physical with Arie Kouandjio and Martrell Spaight. When I went through tape with Jon Gruden, Spaight was one of his favorite players in the entire draft. I agree with Mr. McShay that everywhere you look, they got tougher. Overall, I was really impressed with this draft.

bworku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A- was the highest grade given. Shared with the Jets, Seahawks, Ravens, Steelers.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this the first A given to the skins ever?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct. This is the first A- Kiper has EVER given us. Geez, if we drafted Strong we could of gotten an A+. Im not alone to think Jones was a reach.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct. This is the first A- Kiper has EVER given us. Geez, if we drafted Strong we could of gotten an A+. Im not alone to think Jones was a reach.
How many times are you going to say that you think the jones pick was a reach? We get it. That doesn't mean you are going to change anyone's opinion.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if jones kickass then it wont be a reach im more mad about the spencer pick

bworku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say Cerrato made all of the same picks McCloughan did as the Redskins GM this year. What grade does Kiper give him?

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Jones was a bad pick but after hearing Dean go on and on and on about what a reach he was and how he wanted Strong instead now I want Jones to win the starting RB position and earn MVP of the league.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many starters do you see we got in this years draft? I see 3. That's not including KR/PR

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's say Cerrato made all of the same picks McCloughan did as the Redskins GM this year. What grade does Kiper give him?

Does cerrato trade up with Jacksonville to draft Williams?
We lose a third?

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does cerrato trade up with Jacksonville to draft Williams?
We lose a third?

No he trades with Tennessee for Mariota giving up 2-1st Round picks plus more.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it could be 3 . scherf , smith and kojo down the road .

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Spaight? Perry Riley isn't bad, but if Spaight can cover, Riley might be seeing some pine.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you make a good point here.

Benefit of the doubt will always be given to a GM with a solid track record of talent evaluation, especially when a pick might seem to be a bit of a 'reach' from the consensus choices.

When someone has hit on picks no one else rated AS highly pre draft, giving the benefit of the doubt is a no brainer smart stance to take.

Look at the love the Pats get, even on some selections that many may consider wtf moments. Of course, you gotta be able to coach and develop these players smartly as well.

It remains to be seen how much of an identity and culture change we have created. And whether we can home grow, choose the right football players and KEEP talent.

But it sure feels like a step in the right direction.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious.... does ANYONE think Jones was a reach in the third round, considering Jaleel "don't call me Baleen" Strong was still on the board?! ANYONE?!?! I mean, Jones was probably going to be there in the fourth round, amirite?!

Oh, the humanity!!!!!

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news, I like the fact that GMSM addressed dline in fee agency (nothing too flashy), and oline in the draft. I like that GMSM has provided competition at most every spot on thermoset that sucked for us last year (safeties, cb, OLB, RT, right guard, backup rb, third wr, PR/KR).

I like the fact that GMSM drafted bigger, tougher, meaner players other thanks lot wr who is both fast and quick twitch, and that the redskins MAY actually field a competitive team in the trenches - both of them - next year.

A- seems about right, but for the entire offseason for me!

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious.... does ANYONE think Jones was a reach in the third round, considering Jaleel "don't call me Baleen" Strong was still on the board?! ANYONE?!?! I mean, Jones was probably going to be there in the fourth round, amirite?!

Oh, the humanity!!!!!
I can absolutely understand why some fans and/or analysts might feel this way. From what I understand, this was often the reaction of fans in SF and Seattle before 3-4 years played out and then many of the picks looked 'genius' in hind sight.

Time will tell the tale.

I don't know what SMs big board looked like. Neither do the 'analysts' or fans.

We did get insight into the Scherff pick. Williams was not even rated in the top 3 for Scot. When Fowler went, then Amari, Scot stuck to his board and delivered the pick within minutes. Further speculation is that the Jets would possibly have taken Scherff at 6, and definitely the Giants at 9. So even a possible trade back with Atlanta would possibly have been moot.

We needed and wanted to bolster the right side of our Oline. We went with the guy we had best rated on our board.

I'm going to give Scot the benefit of the doubt here. We do not have access to any type of character, it factor, football IQ and/or medical flags that he and his scouts have investigated and evaluated that may have factored into the decision making.

And we haven't even seen this guy play yet.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im like mayock grade are dumb i bet if someone wants to waste a day researching draft grades in the last 20 years the team with the most A grade never made it to the superbowl in 20 years but i have to say this year draft it did look like and felt like we had a theme not like in years past we had no theme we where just picking