• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can someone explain D League signings

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a bulls fan and looking at the bulls with three guys out at least a month in Butler, Mirotic and Noah, with Noah out for the regular season probably and Derrick Rose basically day to day, is this like the NFL that you can sign players off of other teams D League teams ore are their only options 10 day contracts to guys that are out of the league?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the players in the D-League aren't signed by a team and just on assignment, any player in the D-League is available to be signed by any NBA team. Contracts can be given for any duration, including multi-year deals, but the most common forms are 10-day contracts, with either extending to a second 10-day contract and/or signing for the duration of the year.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a bulls fan and looking at the bulls with three guys out at least a month in Butler, Mirotic and Noah, with Noah out for the regular season probably and Derrick Rose basically day to day, is this like the NFL that you can sign players off of other teams D League teams ore are their only options 10 day contracts to guys that are out of the league?
if a guy is not on another teams 15 man roster- you can just take him from a dleague team

if they are not on a teams 15 man roster you can sign them-- thats how i understand it anyway. there might have been rules instituted about new draft picks- but i dont think so for some reason--- if u wanted to stash a 2nd round pick in the dleague i THINK he has to be on a 15 man roster or someone can take him.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, thanks. So on assignment is usually a team sending a guy for conditioning, I guess Dunleavy was there for a stint of his recovery. I guess I am just wondering why they are not making any type of move trying to get some help while waiting. Is it a D Rose deal where they are actually going to compare how Jimmy Butler carried the team to Rose not carrying it even though there are more pieces missing?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, thanks. So on assignment is usually a team sending a guy for conditioning, I guess Dunleavy was there for a stint of his recovery. I guess I am just wondering why they are not making any type of move trying to get some help while waiting. Is it a D Rose deal where they are actually going to compare how Jimmy Butler carried the team to Rose not carrying it even though there are more pieces missing?

The Bulls already have a full 15 man roster. In order to pick up another player, they would have to waive one of their current players to make room.