• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can Adam Henrique repeat NJD History?

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Looking ahead to next season (hopefully there is one) a crucial question remains about the future of this team. How do you replace Parise. Simply, you can't but you can move forward.

In the summer of '07 we lost Gomez. It was a down season for Gomez after he fell from a career year that saw him score 30 goals and nearly 90 points. He fell to just 13G in 06-07 and the Devils and Gomez's camp were just too far apart in Average Cap Hit.

Obviously he walked, BUT, the Devils were able to press on.

The question is: Why?

Simple answer, Parise emerged. He was just coming off his second NHL season and scored 31G, 31A. He scored 30+ the year after, then erupted for 94 pts.

So now we're in a situation where a key piece of the puzzle on offense has moved on.

Kovy will prob lead this team in points for the next decade, but we know he can't do it alone. Who is going to be there to fill that secondary void?

Answer: Henrique.

In his rookie year, Adam was amazing. He showed he could play with and contribute with elite talent. In the playoffs he was absolute dynamite. He was only on the ice for 1 ES goal against. INSANE. He advanced the Devils twice with OT heroics.

He needs to keep progressing. He showed poise with the puck. He showed he can control play. If he can win some more faceoffs, and move forward, he'll be a cornerstone for years. Could he hit a sophomore slump? Yes, but he's so level headed and poised, I have a feeling he'll be just fine.

The best part? He doesn't have to emerge alone like Parise did (yes Travis came along, but he was much slower to contribute on the score sheet). Henrique has Clarkson who showed huge ability last season. Let's see how these two can fill the void.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree that Henrique's progress next season will in large part dictate how far we go. I think he has a ton of talent...real hockey sense and cleary proved he is clutch in big games (more so than parise for sure).

As far as Clarkson, I look at him as a more talented version of Randy McKay (one of my all time favorite Devils). I think he is closer to his final potential than Henrique who has a ton of upside.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Truth has the mental makeup that is needed to continue succeeding. He has the skill set, he has the confidence and poise, he just needs to continue to learn and get used to the league to take that next step. He was clutch in juniors, he was clutch in the playoffs, he far exceeded all of our expectations last season. I"m not saying he'll be a 90 point guy, but I could see 60+ out of him this season.