• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can a Jeter presser hold good news?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Yankees and Derek Jeter are holding a press conference this afternoon. They have not said what the press conference is specifically about, but I’m struggling how it can be good news for the injured Jeter.
Hopefully it’s just Jeter wanting to make himself available to the media after so much time away. To talk about his rehab or whatever in a way that a less-publicized player usually wouldn’t. But yikes.

:wtf2:

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard he just wants people to know who he would take in the NFL draft.

Or, maybe his boyfriends just miss seing him on TV.

(not that there's anything wrong with that)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Huh. I was thinking it's to announce his support for A-Rod through these trying times...

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEW YORK -- A determined Derek Jeter vowed that he will return to the field in 2013.

"No doubt ," Jeter said at news conference Thursday at Yankee Stadium, where he addressed his latest setback from his fractured ankle.

http://espn.go.com/espn/print?id=9211879&type=HeadlineNews&imagesPrint=off#

Last week, Jeter was diagnosed with a small crack in surgically repaired left ankle. The Yankees' initial time-table was for Jeter to return after the All-Star break.

Jeter declined to put a date on when he will return.

"Whenever it heals, I'll be back," Jeter said.

Jeter, 38, originally fractured his ankle on Oct. 13, trying to field a ball in the 12 th inning of Game 1 of the American League Championship Series. A week later, he underwent surgery for what was described as a dislocated ankle.

Following the operation, the Yankees and Jeter said that they thought he could be ready by Opening Day. Though he didn't start running until spring training had already begun, Jeter and the team hung onto to the hope he would be ready by April 1.

Jeter appeared in spring training games, but never played more than five innings and never in back-to-back games. Ultimately, two weeks into camp, he had to be shutdown. When he finally returned to the field, the Yankees eventually cut back the amount of grounders he fielded to try to find the right formula for rehabbing the ankle.

Last week, with the ankle not improving, Jeter went to see Dr. Robert Anderson, who performed the surgery. Dr. Anderson found the small crack in the bone, but told Yankees GM Brian Cashman "95 percent" of players return from such a condition.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:what: Can someone please remind me why he had to hold a press conference?

Tigertowner68

Church of Baseball member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Yankees and Derek Jeter are holding a press conference this afternoon. They have not said what the press conference is specifically about, but I’m struggling how it can be good news for the injured Jeter.
Hopefully it’s just Jeter wanting to make himself available to the media after so much time away. To talk about his rehab or whatever in a way that a less-publicized player usually wouldn’t. But yikes.

:wtf2:

They do make too big of a deal of it d.

That said, I hope the guy comes back soon, and comes back strong.

I'm no Yanks fan, but I think the world of him and Mariano Rivera.

Bulldog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People "nicknamed Walter Peyton " sweetness " because of his running style. Jeter should be called sweetness because that's his style.