• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cameron Jordan, part of that insane 2011 defensive class

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone here knows how big of a fan I was of his in 2011. In fact, he was rated as my 2nd best DL in the entire draft class, only behind J.J. Watt. I think we should start including him in with the rest of those guys:

Von Miller
Marcell Dareus
Aldon Smith
J.J. Watt
Nick Fairley
Robert Quinn
Ryan Kerrigan
Corey Liuget
Adrian Clayborn
Phil Taylor
Cameron Jordan
Muhammad Wilkerson

Miller, Smith, Watt, and Kerrigan have already made at least one pro-bowl. Dareus, Quinn, Jordan, and Wilkerson might all be on their way to the pro-bowl this year as well.

That is absolutely insane.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the best defensive drafts in the last, maybe 15 years or so, at least. Certainly can't think of a draft where the front 7 is so chalk full of dominant players since maybe the Bruce Smith/Reggie White draft in the mid 80's.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone here knows how big of a fan I was of his in 2011. In fact, he was rated as my 2nd best DL in the entire draft class, only behind J.J. Watt. I think we should start including him in with the rest of those guys:

Von Miller
Marcell Dareus
Aldon Smith
J.J. Watt
Nick Fairley
Robert Quinn
Ryan Kerrigan
Corey Liuget
Adrian Clayborn
Phil Taylor
Cameron Jordan
Muhammad Wilkerson

Miller, Smith, Watt, and Kerrigan have already made at least one pro-bowl. Dareus, Quinn, Jordan, and Wilkerson might all be on their way to the pro-bowl this year as well.

That is absolutely insane.

Also, for what it's worth, I always thought Jordan was the second best 3-4 DE in the draft behind Watt. What a pass rushing draft...Miller, Kerrigan, Aldon, Quinn, Watt. Sumbitch.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we could go back in time and trade up for Sherman and draft Baldwin.

I'm using hindsight on Sherman only. I wanted us to draft Baldwin. Sherman was garbo at Stanford. What a transformation. Perfect example of polishing a raw player.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I'm using hindsight on Sherman only. I wanted us to draft Baldwin. Sherman was garbo at Stanford. What a transformation. Perfect example of polishing a raw player.

Harbaugh should have had the inside scoop on him too.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seattle can talk with Sherman about contact after this season, Wilson after next season. Both should command top dollar, be interesting to see if they can keep Sherman. John Clayton said he expected Sherman to get around 16 million and Wilson around 20 to 22, lot of cap money for two players.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
He looked a little rough ay first, but he's definitely developed into a really good player. Good call on that one Clyde; you certainly drove the Cam Jordan bandwagon.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked a little rough ay first, but he's definitely developed into a really good player. Good call on that one Clyde; you certainly drove the Cam Jordan bandwagon.

And the Watt bandwagon, but that's neither here nor there. :)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
And the Watt bandwagon, but that's neither here nor there. :)

Yeah, you beat me to that one too. You also beat us all to the AJ Jenkins bandwagon. :D

I still hold the title of president of the Aldon Smith fan club though. Too bad Aldon attends the meetings, and it's a 5 drink minimum. :(

I still can't believe all the talent that was on the board when Goodell read Blaine Gabbert's & Christian Ponder's names. Bad things happen when you reach for a QB.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete didn't draft USC players. He had a chance to draft Barkley or Woods and he past on them.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you beat me to that one too. You also beat us all to the AJ Jenkins bandwagon. :D

I still hold the title of president of the Aldon Smith fan club though. Too bad Aldon attends the meetings, and it's a 5 drink minimum. :(

I still can't believe all the talent that was on the board when Goodell read Blaine Gabbert's & Christian Ponder's names. Bad things happen when you reach for a QB.

Yeah, I fell pretty bad on the AJ Jenkins pick. I really don't know what happened with him. That said, if we were to take a WR, I wanted Muhammad Sanu at that spot over guys like AJ Jenkins and Stephen Hill that year. He's not exactly tearing the league up, but I would LOVE to see him in our offense.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, I fell pretty bad on the AJ Jenkins pick. I really don't know what happened with him. That said, if we were to take a WR, I wanted Muhammad Sanu at that spot over guys like AJ Jenkins and Stephen Hill that year. He's not exactly tearing the league up, but I would LOVE to see him in our offense.

I was on the AJ bandwagon as well. Like you there were a handful of WRs I preferred over AJ. I don't get why he's not getting any reps. I wonder if the Chiefs will give him a chance week 17.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pete didn't draft USC players. He had a chance to draft Barkley or Woods and he past on them.

Kinda a bad comparison there. Woods was cut, and Barkley isn't doing anything yet. Whereas Sherman and Baldwin have been making major contributions.

Pete also passed on Mays and look what happened there.