• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cam Newton - Laughing At Female Reporter

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers' Newton laughs at female reporter

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton laughed and made light of a female reporter who asked about one of his teammates, saying it was "funny to hear a female" ask the question.

Charlotte Observer beat reporter Jourdan Rodrigue asked Newton during Wednesday's news conference about wide receiver Devin Funchess embracing the physicality of routes and if Newton got enjoyment out of that.

Newton responded, "It's funny to hear a female talk about routes like -- it's funny.''

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the next big "controversy" in sports

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodrigue and Newton spoke afterward, but she declined to comment about the meeting.

Panthers director of communications Steven Drummond said in a statement that he spoke with Newton and Rodrique "and I know they had a conversation where he expressed regret for using those words. We strive as a department to make the environment for media comfortable for everyone covering the team."

A source close to the situation, however, said Newton did not apologize.

The Association for Women in Sports Media (AWSM) said in a statement that it "is very discouraged by Cam Newton's disrespectful remarks and actions directed to a female reporter during today's Carolina Panthers press conference. As a watchdog group, AWSM demands fair treatment and positive workplace environments for women working in sports media."

Newton made headlines earlier in his career for his interaction with the media after the Panthers' loss to the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl 50, when he cut short his session with reporters.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he was upset with her because she was wearing an outfit that he wanted to wear?

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodrigue and Newton spoke afterward, but she declined to comment about the meeting.

Panthers director of communications Steven Drummond said in a statement that he spoke with Newton and Rodrique "and I know they had a conversation where he expressed regret for using those words. We strive as a department to make the environment for media comfortable for everyone covering the team."

A source close to the situation, however, said Newton did not apologize.

The Association for Women in Sports Media (AWSM) said in a statement that it "is very discouraged by Cam Newton's disrespectful remarks and actions directed to a female reporter during today's Carolina Panthers press conference. As a watchdog group, AWSM demands fair treatment and positive workplace environments for women working in sports media."

Newton made headlines earlier in his career for his interaction with the media after the Panthers' loss to the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl 50, when he cut short his session with reporters.

Is a female watchdog group called a watchbitch?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I just saw that clip by itself I'd laugh and think "Ha, what a dickhead" and then move on with my day having confirmed my belief that Cam "Celebrates gaining 2 yards on 3rd and 7" Newton doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut.

However, I know ESPN and I know they're going to shove this story down everyone's throat and use it as an opportunity to bitch non-spot about inequality in the workplace or something. So given all that, I'm on Cam's side. He should bring some Playboys to read on the sideline next week just to piss ESPN off more.

Actually, I'd argue that this female reporter should be thanking Cam Newton. She just struck gold. Nothing but non-stop interviews on various media outlets for the next few weeks. She can probably make some $ out of all this exposure. I'm sure some organization or university or something will pay her to start giving speeches and maybe she can even get a spot as a tampon spokeswoman or something. And shit, I'd do the same thing in her position. Exploit the fuck out of this.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I just heard that the cheerleaders at the Pats/Bucs game on Thursday will be taking a knee during the anthem in order to protest inequality for hot chicks working in sports.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I just heard that the cheerleaders at the Pats/Bucs game on Thursday will be taking a knee during the anthem in order to protest inequality for hot chicks working in sports.

are they smart enough to realize what they are doing?

I Kid, I kid!

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are they smart enough to realize what they are doing?

I Kid, I kid!

I don't know how old you are, but if you happen to be as old as myself, remember when Pats cheerleaders were just some chics from Lynn, Clinton, Reading, and Fall River?:eek:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how old you are, but if you happen to be as old as myself, remember when Pats cheerleaders were just some chics from Lynn, Clinton, Reading, and Fall River?:eek:

but honestly I never paid attention to them.... Only time I see them is that 30 seconds a game tv shows them

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

but honestly I never paid attention to them.... Only time I see them is that 30 seconds a game tv shows them

Age is key, because before the Krafts bought the team, things were really bad, including the cheerleaders.

Joke only works if you are about my age.:suds: