• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Calvin "The Lions aren't contenders."

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Megatron: If Lions were contenders it would have been harder to leave

Pretty much a direct shot at Caldwell, even Stafford. Point blank shot at Mayhew.

I hope no one picks the Lions to win anything this year. If anyone has a pulse on their future, its Calvin.
He quit. It's a lot like erybody having a "crazy" ex.

Gonna get a rude awakening that his mediocre hands and freak athletic ability weren't as Valueable as he thought.

Since he said Hed do whatever it takes to keep Suh and did nothing, I haven't given a shit what he thinks or says.

Hope he enjoys retirement though.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He quit. It's a lot like erybody having a "crazy" ex.

Gonna get a rude awakening that his mediocre hands and freak athletic ability weren't as Valueable as he thought.

Since he said Hed do whatever it takes to keep Suh and did nothing, I haven't given a shit what he thinks or says.

Hope he enjoys retirement though.

I'm not sure you can say a guy who played for ten years quit. He probably wishes he'd never re signed here though.

And the Suh stuff falls on Mayhew. Calvin can't renegotiate his own contract.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure you can say a guy who played for ten years quit. He probably wishes he'd never re signed here though.

I wish he hadn't reaigned here. So that'd make Atleast two of us.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what reaigned is. But I didn't like how he got Aaron Rodgers money for doing that either.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions let everyone know that saving a few bucks is more important to them than winning last off season. His contract was pretty crazy anyways when top receivers still are only getting around 75% of what Calvin got 4 years later.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin doesn't prognosticate any better than he secures a football.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will take another year for Quinn to get all the pieces in place, but this is a better than average team already. Will need 1 more year for depth and FAs. After that Lions will be contenders for a decade even despite Caldwell not knowing which way is up.

This is a no lose situation. If the team performs poorly, Caldwell will get canned. If they do well already they will be on their way.

Calvin was no longer playing up to his contract and that will always drag a team down because you lose depth with those mega-contracts. He was also talking about SB contenders. Only a few teams are legit SB contenders.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:10:

Mayhew thought he was "the smartest guy in the room" and let Suh test free agency.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin was no longer playing up to his contract and that will always drag a team down because you lose depth with those mega-contracts. He was also talking about SB contenders. Only a few teams are legit SB contenders.

Yeah but Ziggy and probably Slay will eat into all that saved cap space next year or two. So it will be a moot point. Then Staffy will probably command another large extension as well.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can there be any hate on Calvin? Dude was BY FARRRRRRRRRRRR the best player on the Lions since Barry and a sure-fire hall of famer.

Then his agent got him an awesome deal and dude got paid. Which is fine because when you aren't good anymore, teams cut your ass faster than Usain Bolt. It was more the GM's fault for not just franchising him two years and letting him walk. ESPECIALLY if he knew Calvin's body was breaking down.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can there be any hate on Calvin? Dude was BY FARRRRRRRRRRRR the best player on the Lions since Barry and a sure-fire hall of famer.

Then his agent got him an awesome deal and dude got paid. Which is fine because when you aren't good anymore, teams cut your ass faster than Usain Bolt. It was more the GM's fault for not just franchising him two years and letting him walk. ESPECIALLY if he knew Calvin's body was breaking down.

That's the part that will haunt this franchise for years, even decades. We have undeniable evidence now that Mayhew KNEW Calvin had only a couple years left in him, and instead tried to replace him w Ebron rather than try to replace Suh and or Fairly w Aaron Donald.

That draft will haunt us forever. Just like Millen, Mayhew truly only cared about the offensive passing game, and NOTHING else

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That draft will haunt us forever. Just like Millen, Mayhew truly only cared about the offensive passing game, and NOTHING else

Like father, like son.

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, when the Lions made the playoffs a couple years back, Calvin was injured most of the year!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, when the Lions made the playoffs a couple years back, Calvin was injured most of the year!

Ya but w had Suh then. I'm sure losing him obliterated Calvin's hopes of ever contending again during what was then left of his career.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but Ziggy and probably Slay will eat into all that saved cap space next year or two. So it will be a moot point. Then Staffy will probably command another large extension as well.

The hits the Lions were going to take for CJ almost pay around 75% for both those players. I will take those two...

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hits the Lions were going to take for CJ almost pay around 75% for both those players. I will take those two...

I agree with both of these statements. Calvin was busted the last two seasons. Marvin Jones could be 80% or more of the 2015 Calvin and at a fraction of the cost.

Now we can get Ziggy locked down ASAP. Ziggy is already a great young player and still getting better.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with both of these statements. Calvin was busted the last two seasons. Marvin Jones could be 80% or more of the 2015 Calvin and at a fraction of the cost.

Now we can get Ziggy locked down ASAP. Ziggy is already a great young player and still getting better.

Same for Slay. Although he needs to keep his head together. With Ziggy, there are no such issues.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what he will say when they win the division.