• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Calgary Flames @ Los Angeles Kings, 2/23 7:30 PM, FS-w

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Flames hanging around but Quick standing tall. Kings should be putting this team away

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Kings win in another 2-1 hockey game and Doughty's ice time was again over 30:00.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Stars of the game, Vinny #3 and Schenn #1, kinda shocked it wasn't Kopi with his return to action and getting the gw goal.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how Quick is able to sleep at night knowing that Muzzin is a dman in front of him - Muzzin makes at least 2 plays a game that leads to a direct high quality scoring opportunity for the opposing team - it's so pathetic how it's a nightly ritual!!

Total enigma as a player. His career trajectory is very high peaks and valleys on almost a yearly basis it seems. Some days that $4 million looks like a steal, other it looks like it'll be another problem contract in a few years.

He doesn't irk me as much as he did say 2 years ago, but he definitely needs to become more consistent in his game and clean his deficiencies up. He will be 27 in a few months and has been in the league for 5 years now, no excuses for making the stupid plays he does so often.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stars of the game, Vinny #3 and Schenn #1, kinda shocked it wasn't Kopi with his return to action and getting the gw goal.

I think Schenn had a solid, solid game. Probably the best game I have seen him play as a King, and not just because of the goal - that's just gravy for a guy who isn't known to put the puck in the net.

He was defensively good, making all the right reads and plays and I absolutely love his physical edge. He's doing fine here in LA vs. Philadelphia, makes me wonder what exactly they expected from him when they got him from Toronto. His 1st round pick status precedes him and it's always been obvious he would never be an offensive defenseman but I think he has filled into his third pairing role seamlessly in LA.

Said this earlier but I really hope the Kings can keep him and a contract can be worked out. Lucic is still the priority and should be - the Kings paid a hefty price to get him - but I think Schenn should be on the higher end of the "To Do List".

He plays his position well, knows his role and seems to be well liked buy the team and is young, much like Greene was when the Kings got him.

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus, my wife was in Nashville and got pic with Schenn...said he was really nice. (She said Looch was a dick)
I can't figure out how to post the picture here from my iPad

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty cool, he seems like a nice guy from what I have seen of him in interviews and a few Kings Weekly episodes.

Interesting about Lucic, I hear he is exceptionally well liked in the locker room because of his team first mentality so that's a little surprising. He is an emotionally charged player, and those guys are intense (I know, I am one myself) - before games they are focused on playing and don't like distractions, after games it's tough to remember the game is over and leave things on the ice win or lose, kind of like a wind down period.

Maybe at a different time he would have seemed more receptive.