• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Calgary Flames at Los Angeles Kings 11/30/13 | 10:00pm

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only good thing about last night's game was meeting up with Puck and Puck Jr. It had been a long time since we met up at a game. The Kings once again played down to their competition and ended up giving away the game. I fully expect them to play much better against St Louis tomorrow. They sure had better or they'll get run off the ice.

Ox

Pretty much was the only good part of the game. You could tell early on the Kings were flat and lacked cohesion, they didn't seem they were on the same page.

And I hate to say it but:

Also want to see someone flatten Cammalleri. Dude always thought he was bigger than the game, fitting he is a pretty irrelevant player these days. Still see him putting one past Scrivens, so abuse the shrimp.

Called it early in the thread. I knew he would burn the Kings, I was just hoping it wouldn't be the GW goal with under :30 left.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've believed all along the Kings are going to end up making a move for a defenseman later this season and Jake Muzzin might be one of the guys going in a trade

Making a move for a defender? 'Splain please.

Everyone knew the Kings were going to move a defender, they weren't going to go in with 9 guys. I was just hoping it was Muzzin who was going to be shipped off.

I hope he is getting all this ice time to showcase him and not for another reason, meaning he is now considered a regular. He does not deserve to be playing the minutes he does.

Poor decision after poor decision and the lack of physical play is alarming. Way too soft for his size and his position. Greene needs to get healthy and fast so some moves are made on the back end, hopefully resulting in no more Muffin.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have seen Ellerby back there and Muzzin shipped off. Unfortunately the Kings seem to be putting all their blueberries in that Muffin

Ellerby wasn't great but he did his job fine. Any time you don't hear a defenseman's name, that's a good thing.

With both Martinez and Muzzin in the lineup, the Kings are obviously trying to generate more offense but I think going back to their bread and butter - 1 SAH guy paired with 1 puck mover - is the way to go. That means one of Martinez or Muzzin needs to sit and Ellerby needs to be recalled but I don't see that happening.

The hard on for Muzzin is puzzlin'. He sucks.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think A-Mart and Muffman are both playing because Greene is out. I think this is a year when the Kings do nothing at the deadline. No one wants our junk. Maybe the get Bobby Ryan. He is a left wing and it would upset my wife. They have no capspace and cant lose a player so hold on to the reins and see where this horse is going

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think A-Mart and Muffman are both playing because Greene is out.

I think that's the only reason why both are playing. If Ellerby is still up with the big club, he is in and most likely Muffin because of the love affair with him.

Martinez is heads and shoulders better than him in both end of the ice, not to mention more physical too, and is getting the shaft in my opinion because he would be sitting if Ellerby is here. He is getting pity playing time because the Kings have no one else to put in his place.

I think this is a year when the Kings do nothing at the deadline. No one wants our junk. Maybe the get Bobby Ryan. He is a left wing and it would upset my wife. They have no capspace and cant lose a player so hold on to the reins and see where this horse is going

I'm of the same mindset, if anything they will move a defender for a pick and MAYBE a package deal to upgrade the LW spot if a deal becomes available. Other than that, I see them staying put simply because of the cap situation.

Ryan to LA, your wife would absolutely love that. On a realistic note, the Kings would need to move considerable salary to make that happen which means say goodbye to a guy like Voynov or something.

Frattin hasn't done much since he came over, I wouldn't mind seeing him moved if Dumbo can elevate his value somehow.

Last edited by a moderator:

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That means one of Martinez or Muzzin needs to sit and Ellerby needs to be recalled but I don't see that happening.

Can't recall Ellerby. He was placed on waivers but didn't clear. He was claimed by Winnipeg (I believe) and is no longer in the Kings organ-eye-zation.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That means one of Martinez or Muzzin needs to sit and Ellerby needs to be recalled but I don't see that happening.

Can't recall Ellerby. He was placed on waivers but didn't clear. He was claimed by Winnipeg (I believe) and is no longer in the Kings organ-eye-zation.

Ox

That's right, good catch - forgot about that.

Looks like the Kings will have to do with the current line up on defense, which makes me nervous with Muffin getting so much playing time.

Can't say this enough, he is the North American J-Blow to me. Soft, gets a lot more credit than he should for things, and makes way too many poor decisions with the puck. He is an absolute mirror image of the guy, it's uncanny.

The Blues keyed in on him in the WCQFs last season, and Muzzin did not respond well to the pressure. Should be interesting to see tonight if a) they do the same thing and b) if Muzzin learned from that.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of disagree on Frattin, he has done a lot of things pretty well and the limited time he is on the ice he seems to be creating havoc. I liked the Frattin/Stoll/Carcillo line almost every time I see it, they seem to be all over the opposition and getting some good shots on net, but in LA style they aren't going in.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frattin is lumped into the bunch 3rd or 4th line role playing forwards that don't score, and we have too many players like that.