• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Calder Question

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody think Jones has a shot or is MacKinnon of Colorado a lock? I'm not even sure Jones is eligible for Rookie of the Year. Don't know the number of games for goalies. Regular players have to play in 25 games I think but not sure if it's the same for goaltenders.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McKinnon is going to win it, hands down. He has been pretty consistent since day one of the season, and I'm a firm believer that if you are a player who comes in midseason (like Jones), no matter how well you play if you weren't there from the start you get excluded. It sucks for Jones but I believe that's the truth.

Calder Trophy eligibility rules are:
- must be 26 by Sept 15 of the starting season (Jones is 24 - he is eligible)
- has not played in 25 NHL games the previous season (Jones has not - he is eligible)
- has not played in 6 or more games in the previous 2 seasons combined (Jones has not - he is eligible)

That last one is why Jamie Storr was not only eligible but also made the NHL All Rookie Team twice, in 1997-98 and 1998-99.

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thing that popped into my head when I read that thread name was Kyle Calder.

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thing that popped into my head when I read that thread name was Kyle Calder.

yikes!!!

Agree with Pucky here...in fact, if any voter selects someone else, he outta be barred from voting for anything again.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought the same thing when i saw the title. Funny thing I used to not like him as a player but then I met him and as a person i hated him. Total slimeball

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I have to agree that MacKinnon is pretty much a lock for the award even if he doesn't do much of anything the rest of the season. It would be nice though if Jones at least got some consideration. He's played so well for the team especially during Quick's absence with the injury.

Ox