• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

C Andre Gurode Released

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to sign this guy. That would instantly make our Oline better. Cook is okaty at best, and adding a center like Gurode to help anchor the interior would be huge.

We have tons of cap space, we can easily make room for him, and we can ease him into the lineup and eventually make Cook the backup.

Come on Mikey, let's get it done man, seriously.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree we need a new C and I'd be fine with signing him but why would a team like Dallas whose Oline was so poor last year release him if he was that good?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree we need a new C and I'd be fine with signing him but why would a team like Dallas whose Oline was so poor last year release him if he was that good?

They tried to rework his contract, and Dallas and him could not come to terms, so instead of arguing over it, Dallas just released him.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok now that makes sense. I hadn't heard that they released him or why. I agree sign him today.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok now that makes sense. I hadn't heard that they released him or why. I agree sign him today.

Our best Oline we have had in recent memory had Rich Braham anchoring it. He was a great center, and made everyone around him better. The second he got hurt, the entire oline, run and pass blocking went to crap. We had a decent oline in 09 but it was on run blocking only and not pass blocking.

Get a vet to anchor that line, help Dalton get people in position to where he only has to worry about WR's and RB's and his learning curve will improve alot. A vet center will be one of t he most important pieces you can do to help Dalton improve from day 1. Get him ready before we play Balt and Pitt with those monster DT's.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Browns have a rookie DT in there so even not completely knowing the playbook I think Gurode would be fine week 1. We don't play any really good teams until what week 6?

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Boy, what a downgrade if that happened for him. From America's Team to the shithouse of the league. Yikes.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read he may head to Miami to re-unite with his old line-coach.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read he may head to Miami to re-unite with his old line-coach.

I never expected him to wind up here, I just expected Brown to aggressively try to sign him, even though it would be common sense he would want to go elsewhere.

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They tried to rework his contract, and Dallas and him could not come to terms, so instead of arguing over it, Dallas just released him.

I'm guessing there is a little more to it than that. If he can still play at a high level and is under contract and isn't holding out and disrupting the team why would you just cut him with no compensation? I doubt Jerry jones would cut a guy just because he's tired of arguing over money. I could be wrong though.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing there is a little more to it than that. If he can still play at a high level and is under contract and isn't holding out and disrupting the team why would you just cut him with no compensation? I doubt Jerry jones would cut a guy just because he's tired of arguing over money. I could be wrong though.

That was my assessment based on the article. They were debating on shifting to a new guy at C anyways. They were not sure if they were wanting to do that or not.

Gurode, had surgery, made 5.5 million last year, Dallas is near the cap, he wanted more money, Dallas could not afford that, and failed to negotiate a long term contract. They released him to save money due to cap restrictions, and didn't want to take the time to find a trade partner with a C on the wrong side of 30 who was due a bigger paycheck.

Made their decision on whther they wanted to shift to the new guy at C a lot easier.

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can buy that. I'm just skeptical that if he has much left in the tank they would have kept him on the roster. A lot of players want more money, doesn't mean they get it and it's usually not the reason they get released. I guess I'm in the minority who is not real thrilled with the thought of him on our line.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah i live in Dallas. i guess the Cowboys are going through a youth movement of sorts with their O-Line, and are dumping the aging tubs of lard (Gurode, Leonard Davis) for younger more athletic types. No way Gurode comes here though...my money's on Miami or Philly