• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bye or Bust.

Chef

TITLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team can't win 4 in a row.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know what the scenarios look like?

Looking at the schedules of all teams involved, and which teams are plain shitty (Tampa) and which teams have completely given up (Chicago and San Fran IMO) it looks like either Dallas or Philly has to lose one more, and Seattle or Arizona as well. And obviously us or Green Bay.

However I hear that if we win next week against Chicago we are guaranteed to be in the playoffs. Which to me indicates we have the wild card tie breaker over Philly, Chicago, and Seattle. So if Seattle can beat Arizona it is entirely possible that our Green Bay game could not only be for the division, but also for the #1 overall seed in the NFL and home field throughout the playoffs. If we can just beat a Bears team that looks like it has quit on its coach. (Can we talk about Treastman for our OC? Or is it too early for that?)

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will prove you wrong next week. But I do agree, the bye would be sweet, guarantted a home game and the 2nd round. That would definitely be an advantage.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we win next week we're in the playoffs. We hold the tiebreaker against the Boys and Eagles, but not the Hawks or (obviously) the Cards. If we win next week and the Bucs beat the Pack I'm pretty sure we clinch the division based upon conference records. We can lose both and still make the playoff if whomever loses the Eagles-Boys game tonight loses 1 more. That's all I've got. There are a bunch of other scenarios of course.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle wins out and I believe they got the #1. Only way they don't if they do win out is if Dallas does also and GB or Det win north with 5 loses.

3 team tie with 12-4 records and west and north hold tiebreakers over both east teams.

like Kreton said in the playoff chance thread. As long this game tonight does not end in a tie and Lions win next week and they are in.

Most likely it is a 2 or a 6 seed? That is the question. Let's just win week 16 first then worry about a division title.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we win next week we're in the playoffs. We hold the tiebreaker against the Boys and Eagles, but not the Hawks or (obviously) the Cards. If we win next week and the Bucs beat the Pack I'm pretty sure we clinch the division based upon conference records. We can lose both and still make the playoff if whomever loses the Eagles-Boys game tonight loses 1 more. That's all I've got. There are a bunch of other scenarios of course.

Waz if the Bucs beat the Packers. It surely is lining up for a magical season of the football gods looking down upon Detroit.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions could still be anywhere from 1 seed to out of the playoffs. 1 seed involves Lions Winning out, Arizona losing out, and Rams beating the Seahawks in Seattle.......so not real likely. If Lions win out they are guaranteed at least the 2 seed.