• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bye Bye Sony

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you for what you did while here in NE. Good luck with the rest of your career except when you play NE.

Run all over the Seahawk team.

Two late conditionals??? What are the conditionals and how late a 6th and 7th over a couple years? Surprised BB couldn't get a little more. But this is another example of BB getting rid of a player a year early. Sony will want to get paid. NE likely wouldn't pay him next year with all the talent they currently have. Also he looks to be injury prone.

Without the details this is a C or C- in my book. Which isn't bad.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article just updated. NE gets a 5th and a 6th.

I now move it to a C+/B-

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This won't be the last deal made.

Yesterday there were rumors at the barber shop that BB has been saying "No Thanks" to a ton of inquiries and offers for several players. Before the Michel deal was announced, McVay was trying to get JJ Taylor and Bill said 'no'. This deal pretty much closes the door on any more RB deals, but there are a bunch of teams trying to get Bentley or Winovich. The Pats have an excess of Edge/OLB types and there seems to be a scarcity of them right now.

The Giants are in Foxboro for two days of mixed practices and controlled scrimmages. Don't be surprised if a couple of players get swapped. Sterling Shepard was rumored to be coming to the Patriots last year, but it never was finalized. I could see Winovich and Shepard swapping uniforms.

There are rumors that Hunter Henry may need surgery on the injured shoulder and the Giants might be willing to move Evan Engram.

The next two days could be interesting off the practice field.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patriots traded Sony Michel to the Rams in exchange for two draft picks.​

Michel started for two seasons in New England after being selected in the first round in 2018. He then lost the starting job to Damien Harris in 2020. In spite of his demotion, 2020 was actually Michel’s best season from an efficiency standpoint. He set career high’s in Pro Football Focus’ breakaway percentage and elusive rating metrics, as well as in yards per carry. He also had a career year as a receiver with 2.38 yards per route run. Michel offers the Rams an early down veteran presence as they work through the loss of Cam Akers, and Darrell Henderson’s thumb sprain. It’s also possible that Michel shifts into a more versatile Malcolm Brown-esque role with the Rams, despite being pigeon-holed as an early down runner in New England. Regardless of Michel's exact role, Henderson should maintain significant value as the Rams primary back, with Michel spelling him for stretches. Michel’s departure reiterates Damien Harris' status as the Patriots clear cut starter. It also opens up opportunity for preseason rookie sensation, Rhamondre Stevenson.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still surprised it is not higher.
I would have expected a 3rd, at least.
Someone mentioned it could be a conditional 4th.

Either way NE wasn't going to resign him next year anyway. At least Bill got something. Who knows what he'll turn that into?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michel was clearly falling out of favor in NE and wasn’t going to be re-signed. Also has knee issues this is as good as you can expect.

Sterling Shepard is definitely not getting traded to the Patriots.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This won't be the last deal made.

Yesterday there were rumors at the barber shop that BB has been saying "No Thanks" to a ton of inquiries and offers for several players. Before the Michel deal was announced, McVay was trying to get JJ Taylor and Bill said 'no'. This deal pretty much closes the door on any more RB deals, but there are a bunch of teams trying to get Bentley or Winovich. The Pats have an excess of Edge/OLB types and there seems to be a scarcity of them right now.

The Giants are in Foxboro for two days of mixed practices and controlled scrimmages. Don't be surprised if a couple of players get swapped. Sterling Shepard was rumored to be coming to the Patriots last year, but it never was finalized. I could see Winovich and Shepard swapping uniforms.

There are rumors that Hunter Henry may need surgery on the injured shoulder and the Giants might be willing to move Evan Engram.

The next two days could be interesting off the practice field.

don’t the pats have a few young tes they took last year?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read it can become a fourth rounder and likely will.
The Rams are expecting to get a fourth round compensatory pick which is the one they traded for Michel. If they don't get it, they will give the Pats their 5th and 6th round picks. Not compensatory. That's the "conditional" part of it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was almost here last year and it fell apart.

Judge has zero edge players. He had zero last year. Belichick is not going to fritter away a starting DE for chump change. Winovich led the pats in 2020 in sacks and stops for loss. Sterling Sharpe ain't DK Metcalf or even an Allen Robinson. The Gints have Golladay and a couple of young studs and Sharpe would be worth the move. For them and the Patriots. who need a WR upgrade.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michel was clearly falling out of favor in NE

Michel is a year from becoming a free agent. I would not say he was out of favor. We made the decision when we passed on his 5th year.

Sterling Shepard? Why would he not be traded to NE?
Don't get me wrong. I'm not looking for any 5'9" WR's that can't score.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's now a 6th this draft and a 4th the following year.

It's getting better and better.

https:///2021/8/26/22642554/patriots-rams-change-terms-sony-michel-trade

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sony has now played Rams 1st 7 games.
He has 209 yards for a 3.7 yard average.
Harris has 437 yards for a 3.7 yard average.
Taylor has 26 yards for a 3.0 average.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sony has now played Rams 1st 7 games.
He has 209 yards for a 3.7 yard average.
Harris has 437 yards for a 3.7 yard average.
Taylor has 26 yards for a 3.0 average.
It's hard to compare based on stats alone. For 6 of those 7 games the Pats line seemed to be playing for the other team. Since I haven't seen the Rams at all I wouldn't know how well Sony's line played or how well the play calling balance supported the run.