• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

But you didn't, Blanche, you didn't pitch in the major leagues

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also Michael Jordan could have been a hall of famer in multiple sports. Oh wait, no he couldn't

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also Michael Jordan could have been a hall of famer in multiple sports. Oh wait, no he couldn't

Never been his biggest fan, especially when he brought race into the '84 batting title, but he was drafted in the first round in 3 professional sports. I don't think anyone else can claim that.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never been his biggest fan, especially when he brought race into the '84 batting title, but he was drafted in the first round in 3 professional sports. I don't think anyone else can claim that.

How could he possibly have made a batting title about race? The number is what it is.

Did he play the race card saying that the Yankees fans were rooting for Mattingly over him because he's white?

I have always liked Dave. He's definitely got an ego to him, so it is no surprise that he thinks he could have been a 2 way player. But he's always been pleasant to me, but that's just 2 or 3 brief interactions while he's ordering a drink from me at a charity event or fundraiser.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could he possibly have made a batting title about race? The number is what it is.

Did he play the race card saying that the Yankees fans were rooting for Mattingly over him because he's white?

I have always liked Dave. He's definitely got an ego to him, so it is no surprise that he thinks he could have been a 2 way player. But he's always been pleasant to me, but that's just 2 or 3 brief interactions while he's ordering a drink from me at a charity event or fundraiser.

Yeah, exactly. He was butt hurt because he felt like Yankee fans preferred Mattingly to win, and intimated it was about race.

I'll always be grateful to him for one simple reason-his relationship with Steinbrenner was so bizarre, the end result of all the craziness and paranoia was Steinbrenner's banishment from baseball, which allowed the baseball people to build the late 90s dynasty with zero interference.

So Yankee fans, whether they realize it or not, actually do owe him a big thank you!