• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bush Trimmed

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance USC re-signs him? I mean I'm sure they wouldn't pay like before, but it's something, right? :noidea:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can appreciate a full bush as much as anyone who went through puberty in the 70s, but I think the Lions are better off bushless. We save almost 2 mil. Still need more if we are going to resign Suh.

I do not think it means a RB early in the draft though, but it certainly brings it into play. I would rather build the O-line myself, but I could live with a RB. O-line would be easier to do in FA then RB. Even though the RB FAs are plenty, we could not afford the good ones.

Disagree- I think it's just the opposite in the FA market. RBs are cheap as fuck in free agency, whereas the good tackles get bigger bucks...

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also like that by cutting pre-June 1, we're not leaving dead money on the Cap in 2016.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a Q&A session with Dave Birkett, he was asked how the Lions could keep Tulloch and Jones and tag Suh. He said all the Lions had to do was cut bush and restructure Calvin.

:L The staggering ignorance shown by some of the Detroit reporters makes me want to cry.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit Lions' Theo Riddick a breakout candidate after Bush release

Quarterback Dan Orlovsky made the bold prediction last year that Theo Riddick would catch 50 passes and be a Darren Sproles-like threat in the Detroit Lions' offense.

Riddick didn't quite reach those levels in his second NFL season, but Orlovsky might have been a year premature in his forecast.

General manager Martin Mayhew said last week that he considers Riddick more running back than receiver. With Bush gone, he finally might get a chance to show it.

"As you can see, the (running backs) that we have now have different strengths, and I want to build our roster with guys who can do different things in the course of a game," Mayhew said. "An all-around back is good, obviously. When you have a guy like Theo Riddick, who can make a difference in the passing game, that brings value to your team. Joique Bell, being a between-the-tackles runner for us is big, and he does a good job catching balls out of the backfield, as well. I like guys that are versatile, but you've got to have a guy who can run between the tackles, and you've got to have a playmaker who can do some stuff in place."

BB_72; this will be an interesting event to follow leading up to the draft. I swear I read an article back in December where Caldwell stated something to the effect that Riddick had some question marks during practices regarding ball security and that was the reason as to why he wasn't getting more carries when Bush was out.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you that defend LewAAnd perhaps you can explain to me why you restructure the contract of a guy who one year later you are cutting and thanks to that you cost yourself $1.55m in additional savings you would otherwise have with this cut? The dude is clueless.

Lol... that area doesn't include me!! The curve on the playoffs is where you'll find me. I don't blame the Wonder Twins for the loss against the Cryboys.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite his occasional 'wow' play, he didn't show me much. Good move.

But I don't think it was from a lack of effort. Rather from aging legs. I don't hate the guy.