• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bush signs with 49ers

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.:suds:

Yeah, I've been a Niners fan since childhood. I obviously like Alex Smith, but if anything, I'd be less moved on now with Harbaugh gone - so no reason to move on now - not that I ever wanted him gone or blamed him for making a football decision that helped the team. I've always supported Kaepernick, too. I'd only really have had a problem with Kaepernick if he were disrespectful of Smith and lost games.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would guess us signing Pears means Jonathan Martin won't be making the roster which will save us 1 million. I'm also happy with the Bush signing. If he can stay healthy he should be a nice addition. Time to open up the playbook and throw some screens to Reggie coming out of the backfield.

i'm sure they're going to add some but don't see it being a "staple" play?

screens are a little harder to execute vice a quick hitting rush. Three of the linemen need to move it out, stage in the right positions, then block somebody in the open space. Kaep has to sell it, then throw it with timing, and avoid 'floating' it too much.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless signing Bush is a way better move than signing Harvin. Similar player but better performance on the field and while still injury prone has been able to stay on the field better.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless signing Bush is a way better move than signing Harvin. Similar player but better performance on the field and while still injury prone has been able to stay on the field better.

Totally agree with this. Bush won't be a locker room cancer.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

screens are a little harder to execute vice a quick hitting rush. Three of the linemen need to move it out, stage in the right positions, then block somebody in the open space. Kaep has to sell it, then throw it with timing, and avoid 'floating' it too much.

Yep, that was talked about in the past. Screen plays take a lot of practice and the team has to be committed to it. The 49er offense under Harbaugh was not committed to it.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would guess us signing Pears means Jonathan Martin won't be making the roster which will save us 1 million. I'm also happy with the Bush signing. If he can stay healthy he should be a nice addition. Time to open up the playbook and throw some screens to Reggie coming out of the backfield.

Jonathan Martin gone was a foregone conclusion once Harbaugh left. Harbaugh was the one who wanted Martn in SF. Big fail on that one

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like this move. nice weapon to have. havent had a weapon like this in the back field in a long time.

grade: B
I like it too. Hopefully he still has something in the tank.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonathan Martin gone was a foregone conclusion once Harbaugh left. Harbaugh was the one who wanted Martn in SF. Big fail on that one
It will be so nice if Martin gets cut. A cryin' ass little bitch has no place in the NFL.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="deep9er, post: 6350179, member: 1663"]i'm sure they're going to add some but don't see it being a "staple" play?

screens are a little harder to execute vice a quick hitting rush. Three of the linemen need to move it out, stage in the right positions, then block somebody in the open space. Kaep has to sell it, then throw it with timing, and avoid 'floating' it too much.[/QUOTE]

At least run a screen on occasion to keep the defense honest. I can't remember if the Niners ran a screen last year.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you are saying that screen plays are out of the question. Got it.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won't return kicks or he shouldn't anyway. Too fragile and his elusiveness and ability to make guys miss has always been overrated.... in the pros anyway. How is Kap at screens and dumping it off ? With his running ability that could make Bush more effective on those if he can stay on the field.

The 49ers under Jim Harbaugh were not committed to screens and they weren't really practiced. Screen plays require practice time and a commitment to it and Harbaugh didn't want to do that. Harbaugh and Roman hardly used Running Backs in the pass offense other than an occasional dump off to Bruce Miller or Gore.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So you are saying that screen plays are out of the question. Got it.

So you are saying that screen plays are out of the question, Got it

see my very first sentence.........no you didn't get it.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys expect from Bush as the #2RB if Hyde and Bush stay injury free all season? If Bush rushes for 500 yards and has 300-400 receiving yards I would say he had a great season for us.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What do you guys expect from Bush as the #2RB if Hyde and Bush stay injury free all season? If Bush rushes for 500 yards and has 300-400 receiving yards I would say he had a great season for us.

agree.

can he blitz pick up at least decently?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now seeing the contract this is a great pick up for the 49ers. No risk.