• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Burton SUCKS!!

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been breaking down the game. First two series I've seen him whiff on blocks and Bell get brought down by that guy. While the OL sealed off and actually were upfield walking off. Bell coulda easily got two yards even 7+ on those plays.

Burton just another fucked up Mayhew pick possibly.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Burton, Rutgers?

The guy who is pointless that we drafted last year? I don't even care what his name is tbh.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You break stuff down far more then I ever have, but I like what I have seen from Burton generally. He is also still a rookie, if he can keep up his impact blocks while cutting down on the missed blocks I think he is a fine pick. He will never be schlesinger

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You break stuff down far more then I ever have, but I like what I have seen from Burton generally. He is also still a rookie, if he can keep up his impact blocks while cutting down on the missed blocks I think he is a fine pick. He will never be schlesinger

He wasn't my FB of choice. So, it's easy for me to find fault with him. Last night was not the first game though I've felt this way. For a guy who gets limited snaps, I need more impact from him. I could give you a pass here and there, if you played every offensive snap. When your whiff blocks are equal to a guy who played 40 more snaps. You SUCK!

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the rest of the game. He also opened up some holes on our few good runs

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more of a Stallone guy. Ol' Richard didn't sock enough people.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the rest of the game. He also opened up some holes on our few good runs

I made it to the mid 3rd qtr.

He did make two good blocks and two almost blocks were his guy still made a play, but after fighting off his block.

He missed two blocks on two carries for negative yards. He also couldn't sustain his block on Tate's end around. Pettigrew on same play whiffed which forced Tate outside right into the DB Burton couldn't block.

He also just barely chipped Ryan on a play and kept going up field to a DB while whiffing the DB as Ryan made the tackle.

My only real is when you miss 50% of your assignments is it a bad game or a anomaly, or do you just suck?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible pick by a guy who's unemployed.

I defended the pick. Not the player. I never fault a GM getting his guy. Might not be my guy. I wanted Neighbors LSU and Fowler Bama first. Even spoke of ZZ at the spot for a bit. I'm not the one who always says get certain positions with UDFA. Mayhew did it his way. You see the end result. Chip is going down with his guys.

Being a lead blocker isn't always about size.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I defended the pick. Not the player. I never fault a GM getting his guy. Might not be my guy. I wanted Neighbors LSU and Fowler Bama first. Even spoke of ZZ at the spot for a bit. I'm not the one who always says get certain positions with UDFA. Mayhew did it his way. You see the end result. Chip is going down with his guys.

Being a lead blocker isn't always about size.
It's not a position I care to see a pick spent on.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a position I care to see a pick spent on.

Same here. 4th round pick on a FB is usually not what you want unless he is something special. Playing at Rutgers, there was no way to know that because of the level of competition. I would have passed. Probably could have gotten him later.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't my FB of choice. So, it's easy for me to find fault with him. Last night was not the first game though I've felt this way. For a guy who gets limited snaps, I need more impact from him. I could give you a pass here and there, if you played every offensive snap. When your whiff blocks are equal to a guy who played 40 more snaps. You SUCK!

No FB is my FB of choice when it comes to the draft.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No FB is my FB of choice when it comes to the draft.

Grail is longer here. I'm not big on the FB itself either, however if your team of choice uses one, I prefer one who can actually impact the game. So if that means using a pick to get the guy you feel fits best, I support it.

People feel the same on taking kickers also in the draft, yet they also rave over the best one in Lions history. Never would of cheered for Jason had Lions followed that philosophy.

Can you guarantee to get a guy with Martins impact later on? Who knows.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiting for the shallow remark about his shank in the playoffs.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waiting for the shallow remark about his shank in the playoffs.

Dont forget about the shank in the playoffs.

Sorry I am late. Hope this was shallow enough. I am out of practice.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont forget about the shank in the playoffs.

Sorry I am late. Hope this was shallow enough. I am out of practice.

Nah, not close OL. People forget three phases to this game. He was very key to helping that team get to the playoffs to be able to shank a punt. He flipped the field several key times and pinned teams deep many times for the defense to create plays.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we all are quick to criticize when it's the team we root for. we all too often expect perfection, blindly, when it's not absolutely inconceivable.

Gandy's right regarding how many times Martin saved us by pinning opponents deep. change field for defense and offense if opponent gets shut down. now go back and look at games that Martin made a difference on ST's or if we had Prater from beginning instead of Freese and Philly reject PK

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. 4th round pick on a FB is usually not what you want unless he is something special

Whew, had me going there for a minute. Glad we didn't have a 4th round pick to take Burton. Spent that pick and our 5th on Ngata or I might have been even more pissed. lol

Burton's a rookie. should have been all pro as soon as we drafted him.