• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bulls vs Cavs Game Day Thread:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs needed that...not pretty but it was nice out rebounding "the best rebounding team" in the league

Love, varejao, Thompson, and lebron can all rebound with the best at their positions

Leroy Brown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy win for the Bulls.

:pound:
Cavs will win this battle.

Bulls will win the War.

If healthy, Chicago will reach the finals.

:rollseyes:

I guess it's the contrarian nature of people that makes them want to anoint Chicago the default best team in the east even though they have a superstar that's always at risk of injury and even at his best, hasn't consistently been the most efficient of players.

Cleveland playing no defense and Lebron settling for jumpers is exactly what I want to see. He hasn't gone to the hole once. Dude is just soft

:pound::pound::pound:

Cavs = No defense

Right now, that's true. You see breakdowns throughout the game. I'm thinking they can get it together when it matters though and get a stop down the stretch when they need to.

time to trade rose. im sick of this crap.

He might be made of paper mache, but that's insane. He's a good to great player, he just has never been what his fans and the media have made him out to be (and that includes his MVP year)

Can't have Bron losing his first two games this season.

U mad bro?

thats the best cavs will play. they beat a bulls team without rose and butler. cavs are weak.

More hilarity from you. :pound:

One thing I do know from the preseason game and the game tonight is that nobody on the Cavs can guard Rose except for Lebron

That's the thing...on any other team, no one can guard Rose period. Now, who on Chicago can stop Lebron from going off at will now that they don't have Deng? Butler gives a game effort, but he's just physically outmatched.

People forget, Deng was very much a glue guy for that Chicago defensive, tough identity. Plus he could put the ball in the hole. Gasol is a big name, but they lost arguably a better player at this point in Deng.

The Cavs needed that...not pretty but it was nice out rebounding "the best rebounding team" in the league

Love, varejao, Thompson, and lebron can all rebound with the best at their positions

Yep. If they can fix the defensive mental lapses, Chicago won't beat them in the ployoffs. It won't even be that close.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Lebronda does is shoot jumpers man. He hardly went to hole strong at all.

How many free throws did he attempt - even with whistle happy refs. That tells you right there.

He's a good player, but he's a puss and cries. Sorry but it's true. And Cleveland is going to have to put their egos aside to win. Mainly Kyrie and Lebronda. That's going to be the big question.

The one thing that impressed me was the Bulls passing. Not much else to see here, it's game 2 and very early.

Last edited by a moderator:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. If they can fix the defensive mental lapses, Chicago won't beat them in the ployoffs. It won't even be that close.

You are clueless. Rose and Noah didn't play a lot. No Butler. If Chicago is healthy it will certainly be close.

The bulls played unselfish and passed the ball well. We will see if Cleveland can plY unselfish bball.

Leroy Brown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Lebronda does is shoot jumpers man. He hardly went to hole strong at all.

How many free throws did he attempt - even with whistle happy refs. That tells you right there.

He's a good player, but he's a puss and cries. Sorry but it's true. And Cleveland is going to have to put their egos aside to win. Mainly Kyrie and Lebronda. That's going to be the big question.

The one thing that impressed me was the Bulls passing. Not much else to see here, it's game 2 and very early.

Uh, they had a SportsCenter graphic...he drove the ball 18 times. In fact, he drove up Chicago's ass in OT. He had 15 shots in the paint for the game. http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400578314"]Here it is right here.[/URL] What the hell were you watching?

I can't tell if you're serious or just trolling for your own entertainment.

Leroy Brown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are clueless. Rose and Noah didn't play a lot. No Butler. If Chicago is healthy it will certainly be close.

The bulls played unselfish and passed the ball well. We will see if Cleveland can plY unselfish bball.

It will be an asswhipping like the last time they saw the King in the playoffs with Rose.

They just aren't that great. They are very good...but their best player is overrated because everyone wants someone to challenge James. Even at his best, he's not the most efficient guy. He's the Brett Favre of basketball. If he wasn't busy shooting 13-31, then they wouldn't be in the situation of him needing to hit a game winner so many times. Mr. Glass rolled BOTH ankles last night...saying the BUlls will have a healthy roster at any time is wishful thinking with him on the squad.

I love Noah, but he still has some offensive limitations. If he's your third best player, you're great...if he's arguably your best player, you won't win a title, or beat King James.

On top of that, they got outrebounded last night! Oh yeah, and Noah played 37 minutes, so he was out there getting dominated on the boards by Tristan Thompson and Love as well. Cut the BS, guy, cut the BS.

Sorry little buddy, your team might grow up...one day.
cheerup.gif

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be an asswhipping like the last time they saw the King in the playoffs with Rose.

They just aren't that great. They are very good...but their best player is overrated because everyone wants someone to challenge James. Even at his best, he's not the most efficient guy. He's the Brett Favre of basketball. If he wasn't busy shooting 13-31, then they wouldn't be in the situation of him needing to hit a game winner so many times. Mr. Glass rolled BOTH ankles last night...saying the BUlls will have a healthy roster at any time is wishful thinking with him on the squad.

I love Noah, but he still has some offensive limitations. If he's your third best player, you're great...if he's arguably your best player, you won't win a title, or beat King James.

On top of that, they got outrebounded last night! Oh yeah, and Noah played 37 minutes, so he was out there getting dominated on the boards by Tristan Thompson and Love as well. Cut the BS, guy, cut the BS.

Sorry little buddy, your team might grow up...one day.
cheerup.gif

I disagree with this take. Bulls probably will be top 5 in defense with top 10 offense. I can't really say that about the cavs right now.

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, they had a SportsCenter graphic...he drove the ball 18 times. In fact, he drove up Chicago's ass in OT. He had 15 shots in the paint for the game. http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400578314"]Here it is right here.[/URL] What the hell were you watching?

I can't tell if you're serious or just trolling for your own entertainment.

I thought he did a good job of attacking the rack at the right times. It's not as easy with two 7 footers in the paint. So you have to do it wisely which I thought he did.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You people watch the game? How
Many times did he go to the line? Lol

My goodness... Sports center graphic? Really?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

:rollseyes:

I guess it's the contrarian nature of people that makes them want to anoint Chicago the default best team in the east even though they have a superstar that's always at risk of injury and even at his best, hasn't consistently been the most efficient of players.

:scratch:Uh....Kyrie and KLove aint exactly Cal Ripken and AC Green.

The Bulls made the playoffs, with zero offensive weapons, 2 years in a row, sans Rose.

The Cavs won the draft lottery, 3 out of the last 4 years, sans Lebron.

Now that the Bulls have Gasol, McBuckets, Rose and Mirotic in the fold, their ability to score will be greatly increased.

Now that the Cavs have KLove, Miller and Bron, their ability to guard any of the opposing players will continue to suck outside of the guy that Lebron, Matrix and Tristan are guarding.

You are correct that nobody on that roster can check Lebron. But, how is that different from any other roster?

But, we saw in the game against the Knicks what will happen to the Cavs if Lebron is off.

Offense sells tickets.

Defense wins Championships.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense? We don't need no stinkin' defense!

-signed: Mr. Pringles

* Lone play in Trgger Mike's defense playbook*

Outscore the other team by 1:lol:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Bulls made the playoffs, with zero offensive weapons, 2 years in a row, sans Rose.

Now that the Bulls have Gasol, McBuckets, Rose and Mirotic in the fold, their ability to score will be greatly increased.

Now that the Cavs have KLove, Miller and Bron, their ability to guard any of the opposing players will continue to suck outside of the guy that Lebron, Matrix and Tristan are guarding.

You are correct that nobody on that roster can check Lebron. But, how is that different from any other roster?

But, we saw in the game against the Knicks what will happen to the Cavs if Lebron is off.

Offense sells tickets.

I agree although you still need top 10 offense to win too. I'm also pretty sure butler is good lebron defender

Leroy Brown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, but add up how many games they've missed combined in the last two years and it still doesn't add up to how many Rose has missed.

Atlanta's made the playoffs in the east the last two years. Let's not pat ourselves on the back for not finishing with the worst grade in the remedial class.

Players on the Cavs' roster this year that weren't on last year's team: James, Love, Jones, Miller, Marion, Harris, Haywood, Price, Amundson. So this clearly isn't the same team. Try again.

"McBuckets" is averaging six points a game so far, even though the Bulls have averaged 106. This ain't Creighton, he hasn't shown anyone anything yet.

Gasol averaged 17.4 a game on a team that was 2nd in pace and didn't have Bean Bryant for the the year. He's going to a team that was 29th in pace. If he averages that at the pace the Bulls like to play, then someone else isn't getting it done. He isn't much of an offensive upgrade from Booze at this point.

Mirotic is even less proven then "McBuckets." Get real.

All of that is smoke and mirrors and wishful thinking until proven otherwise. What was a well known fact though, was that Deng was a freaking bear defensively, and they no longer have him. A fact that was kinda obvious last night when Irving and Bron combined for 59 points.

So you're saying that they added 2 very good defenders, one just so happens to be the best player in the league, and the weak defender happens to be a rebounding/outlet passing machine who can more than get his offensively as well. I'll take it.

Well, unless you're San Antonio, that means you still shouldn't be having much confidence that you're going to beat the King come playoff time.

Truthfully, he wasn't his best against the Bulls. He was horrible against the Knicks, and that will happen about four or five games a year in the regular season from him. That was one of them.

Offense sells tickets.

Sounds good, until you realize that you have to go back six years to find a top five defensive team ( in terms of ppg) to win a championship that didn't have LeBron on it. Defense alone doesn't win championships, and Chicago has yet to prove they haven't lost too much defensively and they have gained enough offensively to think they are going to be so tough for the Cavs come playoff time.

Leroy Brown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You people watch the game? How
Many times did he go to the line? Lol

My goodness... Sports center graphic? Really?

The fact is he had 15 shots in the paint. Your opinion is proven false. It doesn't matter how many times he went to the line.