• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bulls @ Cleveland: 8:30 PM ABC

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lue in the presser right now,"We're not in well enough shape to run the offense we want to run." :L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L That has to be one of the worst excuses I've ever heard. Halfway through the season, everybody should be in good shape to be able to run. This is a joke.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. The team has performed better without Love. Always has. I believe that he will be traded. Or at least I'm hoping so.

I agree, Jakology.

Problem is though. When you're shipping that contract, you're expecting a lot in return. There may not be many takers for Love, especially when they know that Love hasn't been performing well for the last year and a half.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lue in the presser right now,"We're not in well enough shape to run the offense we want to run." :L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L That has to be one of the worst excuses I've ever heard. Halfway through the season, everybody should be in good shape to be able to run. This is a joke.

Yup. Conditioning happens during the offseason. If he's trying to implement a run n' gun offense, which requires a lot of running, then it's going to be hell implementing that at the halfway point in the season.

I'm not going to judge Lue, yet. It's game 1 against a good Bulls team. However, as trojan pointed out earlier, I thought I would see a lot of intensity out of the Cavs given that he's the typical "players coach" that Blatt apparently isn't.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Jakology.

Problem is though. When you're shipping that contract, you're expecting a lot in return. There may not be many takers for Love, especially when they know that Love hasn't been performing well for the last year and a half.

That's true. Not sure how it will happen, but I believe it will.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Jakology.

They won't get much for him because of his contract. Cavs would have to take back a lot of bad contracts. They are stuck with him.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There may not be many takers for Love, especially when they know that Love hasn't been performing well for the last year and a half.

Players this season averaging 15 & 10 with 3PT % > 35:

- Kevin Love

Thats the whole list.

Players who have averaged 15 & 10 with 3PT% > 35 for a season in the last 5 years:

- Kevin Love (4 times)

That's the whole list.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- Kevin Love

Thats the whole list.

Players who have averaged 15 & 10 with 3PT% > 35 for a season in the last 5 years:

- Kevin Love (4 times)

That's the whole list.

Yeah, but players that are near the stats that Love is putting up (and they respectively aren't as much of a defensive liability) aren't making anywhere close to $100 mil.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but players that are near the stats that Love is putting up (and they respectively aren't as much of a defensive liability) aren't making anywhere close to $100 mil.

Anyone that is close to that stat line and isn't making max money will be soon enough. Who are you talking about? Cousins? Draymond? Towns? That's about it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

- Kevin Love

Thats the whole list.

- Kevin Love (4 times)

That's the whole list.
thats pretty impressive-- -especially considering- AT ONE point at least in mid-December- Love was the most efficient post scorer in teh whole NBA.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with trading Love is that the Cavs won't get very close to market value for him. As for his stats, I'd expect that they'd get even better if he went someplace where he was at least the #2 option.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with trading Love is that the Cavs won't get very close to market value for him. As for his stats, I'd expect that they'd get even better if he went someplace where he was at least the #2 option.
in the NBA- unless you are forced to- you never trade a dollar bill for 4 quarters. Its beyond stupid. Especially on a Cavs team that has PLENTy of depth- so much depth that solid role players like Andy and Mo and Jeff struggle for minues while everyone is healthy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In todays NBA with the cap going up and the min salary floor- and the lack of options on the market for max contracts- the Cavs could trade Love tomorrow and get 6 offers.

Love is getting like what? an average of like 21-22 a year? Paul Milsap, Al Hoford, Mike Conley, are all GUARANTEED to get more than that this offseason...hell Nic Batum will get about that.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But yet if Love was a free agent someone would easily give him a max contract.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If tomorrow the Cavs decided to market love I would assume they could get substantial offers from Boston, Orlando, Houston, Sacramento, Toronto (though they would not help Toronto), LAL, - and thats just off the top of my head- and includes teams that actually have assets to trade.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yet if Love was a free agent someone would easily give him a max contract.

Okaaay. What does that have to do with the post you quoted? Love isn't an FA and is signed for what? 4 more years? What Love could get in free agency has nothing to do with what the Cavs could get for him in a trade.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the NBA- unless you are forced to- you never trade a dollar bill for 4 quarters. Its beyond stupid. Especially on a Cavs team that has PLENTy of depth- so much depth that solid role players like Andy and Mo and Jeff struggle for minues while everyone is healthy.

Who said you do? Obviously, if the Cavs were to trade him, they would do so in order to bring in someone who can be more comfortable as a "3rd wheel" and provide better defense. There's a difference between filling a need and market value.

Someone like Ariza wouldn't be worth what Love is in an open market, but might be a better fit and make the Cavs a better overall team than Love does because he won't demand the ball and is a better defender.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the risk of sounding like I'm overreacting to a close win at home over the Wolves.... I already like what I'm seeing in terms of using Love on offense.

If you look at his stats from last night you would think it was same old, same old... but they threw the ball into the post to Love a lot more than usual. Not only is Love a great scorer from that position... but he's a great passer from that position.

Anyway, like, I said... I'm not going to overreact.... but I'm very-cautiously optimistic.