• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bulls and Dubs

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Lee off the bench. That should be interesting. Some matchups I like lee as the 6th man

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And tonight is a PERFECT example of why this is NOT an elite defense. 35 points to da bulls in one quarter?? Have they even scored that many in a quarter all season? 22 FTs already for Chicago?

This team plays like this far too often to be elite.

Yet they have the talent to play excellent defense and do not. Frustrating.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And tonight is a PERFECT example of why this is NOT an elite defense. 35 points to da bulls in one quarter?? Have they even scored that many in a quarter all season? 22 FTs already for Chicago?

This team plays like this far too often to be elite.

Yet they have the talent to play excellent defense and do not. Frustrating.

Lol oh c'mon man you're so wrong. Still 3rd in defensive effciency

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep hanging onto stats and closing your eyes...soon you'll even believe it.

You base everything off 1 fucking game. Everyone is going to have off nights. This isn't 2k

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the worst performance I've seen all year

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense seemed like the much bigger problem to me. Everyone just standing around with no plan. No adjustments made by coaching staff, for example to try to free up Steph, or get other guys into positions where they can get easy buckets when Steph is triple or quadruple teamed. If they are going to throw 2-4 guys at Curry, the other guys need to be put into position to take advantage of that. Instead I just mostly saw them standing around. Not enough screens being set either.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense seemed like the much bigger problem to me. Everyone just standing around with no plan. No adjustments made by coaching staff, for example to try to free up Steph, or get other guys into positions where they can get easy buckets when Steph is triple or quadruple teamed. If they are going to throw 2-4 guys at Curry, the other guys need to be put into position to take advantage of that. Instead I just mostly saw them standing around. Not enough screens being set either.

Yep. Defense is far from the problem

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100% so money. They depend too much on Steph and stop the ball movement waiting for screens. Klay looks almost lost at points on offense if someone is not passing him the ball for a jumper. He needs to be cutting and making the defense move around.
Horrible game!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Lee off the bench. That should be interesting. Some matchups I like lee as the 6th man

A disgraceful performance by the starters; worst performance of the year by far. Not a single player in double figures. The Knicks better look out tomorrow night. They are going to be on the receiving end of a very motivated group of Warriors I bet.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the worst performance I've seen all year

This says it all: "The Warriors committed 12 first-half turnovers, scored only 38 second-half points and shot 35.7 percent on the night. They got beaten 56-41 on the boards, including allowing Chicago to grab 16 offensive rebounds, and got beaten to even more loose balls".

This is a lazy, undisciplined team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Despite their reputation around the league, the Warriors are just an average offensive team when you crunch the numbers, and drill down into meaningful stats and measurables. They often lack cohesion and ball movement, and when you subtract Curry, they can look downright awful. I expected a half time adjustment, but it just wasn't there that I could see. Bulls were on a back to back as well, yet they had the energy, and not the Warriors. On the other hand, I think Bogut and Lee are not 100%, and I still think this team is assimilating the two new pieces (Blake/Crawford).

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite their reputation around the league, the Warriors are just an average offensive team when you crunch the numbers, and drill down into meaningful stats and measurables. They often lack cohesion and ball movement, and when you subtract Curry, they can look downright awful. I expected a half time adjustment, but it just wasn't there that I could see. Bulls were on a back to back as well, yet they had the energy, and not the Warriors. On the other hand, I think Bogut and Lee are not 100%, and I still think this team is assimilating the two new pieces (Blake/Crawford).

Yeah I don't get the hype about our offense. It's good. But not "explosive" but yeah bogut and lee don't look 100%. We will be fine IMO. I rather get the worst game out of the way

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't get the hype about our offense. It's good. But not "explosive" but yeah bogut and lee don't look 100%. We will be fine IMO. I rather get the worst game out of the way

Depends on what you mean by 'fine'

Yesterday's game doesn't change their projection for this year, nor does the 4 game winning streak that preceded it: 5th or 6th seed, decent shot at winning one playoff series, small shot at 2, no shot at 3.

The NBA has few surprises, it's usually pretty obvious by now who the contenders are. The Ws are close, and they took a step forward this year becoming a very good defensive team, now they need to get better offensively, which they can do if they cut down on turnovers.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yesterday's game doesn't change their projection for this year, nor does the 4 game winning streak that preceded it: 5th or 6th seed, decent shot at winning one playoff series, small shot at 2, no shot at 3.

The NBA has few surprises, it's usually pretty obvious by now who the contenders are. The Ws are close, and they took a step forward this year becoming a very good defensive team, now they need to get better offensively, which they can do if they cut down on turnovers.

I don't even think the dubs have peaked yet. They can win 2 series and I think they have a decent shot at that. Clips or Portland is a good matchup for them. History shows top defenses have the best shot at being in the finals or the conference finals. But you have to be a top 10 offense along with a top 5 defense to do it. History shows it.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Offense and Defensive Efficiency of NBA Champions - SportingCharts.com

Check this out

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even think the dubs have peaked yet. They can win 2 series and I think they have a decent shot at that. Clips or Portland is a good matchup for them. History shows top defenses have the best shot at being in the finals or the conference finals. But you have to be a top 10 offense along with a top 5 defense to do it. History shows it.

They have a lot of work to do to be a top 10 offense, probably not going to get there this year.
They are already a top 5 defense when fully healthy, another question mark.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a lot of work to do to be a top 10 offense, probably not going to get there this year.
They are already a top 5 defense when fully healthy, another question mark.

They aren't far off from being 9th or 10th in that category

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't far off from being 9th or 10th in that category

Just look at the standings, they aren't going to get any higher than 3rd seed, and that is pretty remote because they have to jump over 3 very good teams. Those teams are winning games too, and the runway is getting shorter.

It's possible of course but pretty unlikely. Then again, what's the point of being a fan if you don't root for/hope for/make a case for good things happening?