• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Buffalo Sabres at Philadelphia Flyers 4/6/14 | 7:30pm

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hear you, and like i said, i like rinaldo. and you're right, they've played much better with him in the lineup, than they have without him, this season.

but you can't be shorthanded for 25% of a playoff game that could determine whether you get to play tomorrow or not. i'd be hesitant to play him in a playoff game because of yesterday. yes, players make mistakes, but that's a mistake the flyers might not be able to overcome in a series with the rangers.

Agreed for sure - remember the game where he put the Flyers on the PK for seven minutes in Dallas? They killed the penalty but it wore them down the rest of the game

He's played well for the most part but part of being a professional is not doing stupid stuff at the worst possible times - it's all about being smarter

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hear you, and like i said, i like rinaldo. and you're right, they've played much better with him in the lineup, than they have without him, this season.

but you can't be shorthanded for 25% of a playoff game that could determine whether you get to play tomorrow or not. i'd be hesitant to play him in a playoff game because of yesterday. yes, players make mistakes, but that's a mistake the flyers might not be able to overcome in a series with the rangers.

The guy we saw yesterday is not the Rinaldo that has been with this team all season. It was a mistake and he lost his head for one game. He has grown leaps and bounds as a player and will not do that in a playoff series. every game the announcers go out of their way to mention how highly Berube talks of Rinaldo.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed for sure - remember the game where he put the Flyers on the PK for seven minutes in Dallas? They killed the penalty but it wore them down the rest of the game

He's played well for the most part but part of being a professional is not doing stupid stuff at the worst possible times - it's all about being smarter

He made two mistakes all season and made countless plays this season to be proud of. Team plays way better with him, you just have to weigh your options.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made two mistakes all season and made countless plays this season to be proud of. Team plays way better with him, you just have to weigh your options.

Yep I agree with you and I bet Chief sits him down and says look I love you but you can't do dumb shit like this or you will not be here. Otherwise he has been pretty responsible for the most part which isn't easy when you are one of the top hitters in hockey.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy we saw yesterday is not the Rinaldo that has been with this team all season. It was a mistake and he lost his head for one game. He has grown leaps and bounds as a player and will not do that in a playoff series. every game the announcers go out of their way to mention how highly Berube talks of Rinaldo.

Are you sure he won't do that in a playoff series? Why would you assume that? I'm not saying he's been bad this season, he's made a lot of growth and I've made it clear how much his energy means to the team but the facts are the facts, he's still done a few things that have not been smart and to say that he won't do that in the playoffs is something I'd be careful of - he has to pick his spots the right way

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure he won't do that in a playoff series? Why would you assume that? I'm not saying he's been bad this season, he's made a lot of growth and I've made it clear how much his energy means to the team but the facts are the facts, he's still done a few things that have not been smart and to say that he won't do that in the playoffs is something I'd be careful of - he has to pick his spots the right way

Im assuming Rinaldo wont do any hit to the head checking because he hasnt done it all season and he is coming off a suspension for it and because im sure Berube will let him know he cant hurt the team in the playoffs. We have had a solid season and IMO we go with what got us here. Let's go O & B!!!!

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was at this game and had a blast, missed the Rinaldo hit because we left early, went to Xfinity for the first time and experienced the PBR and the scantily clad ladies who work there, very nice.