• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Buffalo Sabres at Philadelphia Flyers 4/6/14 | 7:30pm

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rinaldo negated a good night by leaving his feet twice and getting tossed for deliberate shit he could have easily eliminated.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great momentum-builder. We are two behind the Rags and hopefully we can catch and pass those bums. Onward we go.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers win 5-2!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We saw the best and worst of Rinaldo. He needs to understand that he could help his team if he keeps his cool he's done better this year so tonight was frustrating as he was playing so well! Anyway last chance to learn as they can't afford things like that to happen in the playoffs...but need guys like him and Downie in the lineup to spark the team as they are definitely better with them buzzing around. he needs a zapping dog collar when he starts to act like an idiot!!!

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I had a lot of speed going at him. I put my shoulder down, and as he shot the puck my shoulder hit him clearly," Rinaldo said. "Proof is in the pudding right there. I shouldn't have done it. There's no need for it. We're up 4-0, but it's part of the game.
"That always happens with me. I get on a good streak and then something bad always happens. I try not to think about it too much."

Fuck you Zac, you turd. Way to ruin an otherwise great game by the Flyers. I hope you're gone for the season. Flyer or no, there' no place for shit like that in the game.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I had a lot of speed going at him. I put my shoulder down, and as he shot the puck my shoulder hit him clearly," Rinaldo said. "Proof is in the pudding right there. I shouldn't have done it. There's no need for it. We're up 4-0, but it's part of the game.
"That always happens with me. I get on a good streak and then something bad always happens. I try not to think about it too much."

Fuck you Zac, you turd. Way to ruin an otherwise great game by the Flyers. I hope you're gone for the season. Flyer or no, there' no place for shit like that in the game.

I agree there's no place but he won't get a season for that and honestly if he did it be hypocritical of the league. Zac should have pulled up off that check no matter what he was targeting, if he could stop doing that shit he'd be a really good 3rd line guy. The league will definitely suspend him but I doubt it will be for more then 2. They'll come up with some bullshit about how the shooter had a responsibility to not put himself in tgat position, which is of course total crap but they've been way too lenient this year and I don't believe Rinaldo has enough of a history to get the full force of the hammer yet. Now if that was Torres who has been suspended for long periods of time for repeated disregard for players safety I could see a 50 gamer or so. I'm pretty sure he'll be available come playoff time, I'm not defending him just saying I don't think the league can do a huge suspension with the way they've acted all year. That whole system needs a revamp and some accountability anyway.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree there's no place but he won't get a season for that and honestly if he did it be hypocritical of the league. Zac should have pulled up off that check no matter what he was targeting, if he could stop doing that shit he'd be a really good 3rd line guy. The league will definitely suspend him but I doubt it will be for more then 2. They'll come up with some bullshit about how the shooter had a responsibility to not put himself in tgat position, which is of course total crap but they've been way too lenient this year and I don't believe Rinaldo has enough of a history to get the full force of the hammer yet. Now if that was Torres who has been suspended for long periods of time for repeated disregard for players safety I could see a 50 gamer or so. I'm pretty sure he'll be available come playoff time, I'm not defending him just saying I don't think the league can do a huge suspension with the way they've acted all year. That whole system needs a revamp and some accountability anyway.

He has what I believe is a phone hearing with the league today (max 5 games), so I expect 2-4 games. That's a shame. I agree, the system is STILL broken and is in need of a serious revamp. So much for "Shanaban".

My apologies to Mr. Ruhwedel, the Sabres and the Sabres fanbase for the actions of this piece of shit. I hope someone puts HIM out. Permanently.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wouldn't be surprised if he gets 5. i didn't see it (listening on the radio), but it doesn't really matter. he's a plug with a history, those are the types of guys they suspend. if rinaldo was a 30 goal scorer, he wouldn't get anything.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh jesus, what in the world is he thinking? there's nothing defensable about that. targetted the head, left his feet, dude didn't have the puck, the game was well in hand, i've never even heard of ruhwedel so it's not like he's done something to "deserve it".

if he gets any less than 5 i'll be upset. he should be gone for at least the rest of the regular season.

edit: it is a phone hearing as someone said.. so it won't be more than 5.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why cant we play Buffalo minus 10 starters every game.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has what I believe is a phone hearing with the league today (max 5 games), so I expect 2-4 games. That's a shame. I agree, the system is STILL broken and is in need of a serious revamp. So much for "Shanaban".

My apologies to Mr. Ruhwedel, the Sabres and the Sabres fanbase for the actions of this piece of shit. I hope someone puts HIM out. Permanently.

That's a little harsh because if that were Neal he'd only get 2 or 3 as Neal would say he was bracing himself. It really is too bad as he was playing probably his best game as a Flyer and was effective but he just can't help himself. The question is do the Flyers trust him in the playoffs as shit like that can cost you dearly....

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a little harsh because if that were Neal he'd only get 2 or 3 as Neal would say he was bracing himself. It really is too bad as he was playing probably his best game as a Flyer and was effective but he just can't help himself. The question is do the Flyers trust him in the playoffs as shit like that can cost you dearly....

If that was his best game as a Flyer then I'd be even more glad to see him gone. It was his best game in SOME aspects, but the 3 ridiculous minor penalties prior to his implosion cancelled out any good that he did.

As to Neal, please don't think I don't feel the exact same way about him (please see the Neal thread I started previously) . I'd like to clear ALL of these pieces of crap out of the game. But, the fact that Neal got off light doesn't change the fact that Rinaldo is now officially a negative to this league and to this team.

If it had happened in reverse, and a Sabre had done that to a Flyer, you KNOW you'd be calling for his head.

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hate when players go over the edge, and that's what rinaldo did. hockey-wise, it sounded like he was playing a pretty good game. couturier and read were actually effective offensively for the first time in a few games.

but the penalties were ridiculous and hurt more than they help. by himself, he had the flyers a man down for 13 minutes (barring even up penalties or goals on the PP, which i dont think happened except on the major). that's nearly 25% of the game your playing 4 on 5 because of 1 player. you absolutely can't have that, and cant trust that player come playoff time.

which is really a shame, because i've really liked what rinaldo has brought to the team this season, up until last night. and i really don't want to see the agitator/energy role go out of hockey. neanderthals like john scott, yes, get rid of them, but i like the pest role. i like hating the other team's players.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I don't entirely disagree with you as he was slowly unraveling as the game progressed. Remember he's told to fly around and hit and when he does it legally he's a damn good player but the key is control he needs to find it otherwise he'll be gone just like Downie was last time. I also believe that all players should face the same consequences so suspending him for life wouldn't be fair unless they did the same to Neal that POS!

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but the penalties were ridiculous and hurt more than they help. by himself, he had the flyers a man down for 13 minutes (barring even up penalties or goals on the PP, which i dont think happened except on the major). that's nearly 25% of the game your playing 4 on 5 because of 1 player. you absolutely can't have that, and cant trust that player come playoff time.

which is really a shame, because i've really liked what rinaldo has brought to the team this season, up until last night. and i really don't want to see the agitator/energy role go out of hockey. neanderthals like john scott, yes, get rid of them, but i like the pest role. i like hating the other team's players.

Agree 100%. I like the pest role as well, but I don't see how you can trust Rinaldo to fill it going forward.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also believe that all players should face the same consequences so suspending him for life wouldn't be fair unless they did the same to Neal that POS!

Agreed. Neal absolutely should have gotten substantially more. It's a shame that the league can't get its head of of its arse on player discipline.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hate when players go over the edge, and that's what rinaldo did. hockey-wise, it sounded like he was playing a pretty good game. couturier and read were actually effective offensively for the first time in a few games.

We play better as a team when Rinaldo plays in the game whether its 7 or 12 minutes we are a much more effective team with him in the lineup. Yes that was a dirty play but 2 games is sufficiet with me.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We play better as a team when Rinaldo plays in the game whether its 7 or 12 minutes we are a much more effective team with him in the lineup. Yes that was a dirty play but 2 games is sufficiet with me.

i hear you, and like i said, i like rinaldo. and you're right, they've played much better with him in the lineup, than they have without him, this season.

but you can't be shorthanded for 25% of a playoff game that could determine whether you get to play tomorrow or not. i'd be hesitant to play him in a playoff game because of yesterday. yes, players make mistakes, but that's a mistake the flyers might not be able to overcome in a series with the rangers.