• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Buffalo Sabres at Philadelphia Flyers 4/6/14 | 7:30pm

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rqycl24g5jh1i6ek9ab0.jpeg
vs.
161.gif

at

5ea7ead23d3abf6e45b7c61b47148707.jpg

Game Time: 7:30pm EST - NBCSN

SEASON SERIES
Thursday, November 21, 2013 - Buffalo Sabres 1, Philadelphia Flyers 4
Tuesday, January 14, 2014 - Philadelphia Flyers 4, Buffalo Sabres 3
Sunday, April 6, 2014 - Buffalo Sabres at Philadelphia Flyers

TEAM LEADERS

Buffalo Sabres
Goals: Tyler Ennis - 21
Assists: Christian Ehrhoff - 26

Philadelphia Flyers
Goals: Wayne Simmonds - 26
Assists: Claude Giroux - 54

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to take this one.Luckily,most other contenders lost today.

True good time to lose with the Blue Jackets, Red Wings, & Rangers also dropping games. Nothing gained & nothing lost.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers' remaining schedule looks like this,
vs Sabres
@ Panthers
@ Lightning
@ Penguins
vs Hurricanes

I think their toughest remaining game will be against the Lightning. Sabres are the worst team in the NHL, Panthers are the Panthers, my beloved Pens are declining, & the Hurricanes are hit & miss this season (depends on how Khudobin plays). 4-1 is a very realistic expectation for the Flyers down the home stretch.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're finally through that ridiculously hard ass part of the schedule. The boys handled it relatively well but have been slipping the past few games in the detail department. Hopefully we get points in all 5 remaining games with at least 4 wins. It's be great if we could get a few guys scoring going into the playoff. Also I wrote Mr Snider a letter asking him to donate a new ice making machine and climate control unit to MSG, I know he has the funds however he probably doesn't read his own mail so I'm not too optimistic. On a side note I'd like people to watch Rasmus Ristolainen today the Buffalo defenseman heard a rumbling they take Ekblad they'd be trading a prospect and I personally love the kids game. I'm just looking for what other peoples opinions are.

I'll check back tomorrow to post since I have a 30 year family tradition Wrestlemania night this evening, my pop pop was a big fan as are most of my uncles and younger cousins so it's a really enjoyable time. FYI the Undertaker still wrestles, guys gotta be pushing 50 now.

As always GO FLYERS!!!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're finally through that ridiculously hard ass part of the schedule. The boys handled it relatively well but have been slipping the past few games in the detail department. Hopefully we get points in all 5 remaining games with at least 4 wins. It's be great if we could get a few guys scoring going into the playoff. Also I wrote Mr Snider a letter asking him to donate a new ice making machine and climate control unit to MSG, I know he has the funds however he probably doesn't read his own mail so I'm not too optimistic. On a side note I'd like people to watch Rasmus Ristolainen today the Buffalo defenseman heard a rumbling they take Ekblad they'd be trading a prospect and I personally love the kids game. I'm just looking for what other peoples opinions are.

I'll check back tomorrow to post since I have a 30 year family tradition Wrestlemania night this evening, my pop pop was a big fan as are most of my uncles and younger cousins so it's a really enjoyable time. FYI the Undertaker still wrestles, guys gotta be pushing 50 now.

As always GO FLYERS!!!

Wrestlemania looks pretty good. Sure hopes Daniel Bryan pulls it off. Enjoy the show tonight :suds:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers' remaining schedule looks like this,
vs Sabres
@ Panthers
@ Lightning
@ Penguins
vs Hurricanes

I think their toughest remaining game will be against the Lightning. Sabres are the worst team in the NHL, Panthers are the Panthers, my beloved Pens are declining, & the Hurricanes are hit & miss this season (depends on how Khudobin plays). 4-1 is a very realistic expectation for the Flyers down the home stretch.

Soo...you stated in the other thread that you have a feeling it will be Flyers vs. Pens in round one. That can't happen if the Flyers go 4-1 down the stretch. Even if we go 3-2, the Jackets will have to go at least 4-0-1 to pass us as we own the tiebreaker. They still have Phoenix, Dallas and Tampa as well. Definitely a tougher schedule than ours.

They need three more points than us across the final five games and I just don't see it happening.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Furthermore, the odds of the wild card team from the Metro passing Detroit in order to play Pittsburgh instead of Boston while still not entering the top three in the division look extremely slim.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soo...you stated in the other thread that you have a feeling it will be Flyers vs. Pens in round one. That can't happen if the Flyers go 4-1 down the stretch. Even if we go 3-2, the Jackets will have to go at least 4-0-1 to pass us as we own the tiebreaker. They still have Phoenix, Dallas and Tampa as well. Definitely a tougher schedule than ours.

They need three more points than us across the final five games and I just don't see it happening.

Do the Blue Jackets have to pass the Flyers in order for the Pens & Flyers to play in the 1st round? As it currently stands, Pens are #2, Flyers are #7, wouldn't that mean a 1st round meeting if the season ended right now?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Blue Jackets have to pass the Flyers in order for the Pens & Flyers to play in the 1st round? As it currently stands, Pens are #2, Flyers are #7, wouldn't that mean a 1st round meeting if the season ended right now?

Yes, the Jackets have to pass the Flyers. And no...#2 plays #3 in each division no matter what and the top overall seed gets the lower seeded wild card, no matter what division that team is in. Your Pens are on a collision course with Detroit right now and that will be a tough test.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the Jackets have to pass the Flyers. And no...#2 plays #3 in each division no matter what and the top overall seed gets the lower seeded wild card, no matter what division that team is in. Your Pens are on a collision course with Detroit right now and that will be a tough test.

Oh yeah that's right, does look like it will be Detroit in the 1st round. Unless the Blue Jackets get hot which is what I'm hoping for.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So playoff matchups as it currently stand would look like this,
Blue Jackets vs Bruins
Red Wings vs Penguins
Flyers vs Rangers
Lightning vs Canadiens
?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah that's right, does look like it will be Detroit in the 1st round. Unless the Blue Jackets get hot which is what I'm hoping for.

I'm just saying that even if the Jackets get hot and go 4-1 to end the season, if the Flyers just go 3-2 with an easier schedule, they will be tied in points, but Philly leads the tiebreaker by two regulation+overtime wins. Unless the Flyers win one of those in a shootout and the Jackets win them all in regulation or overtime, the Flyers would still be a top three seed.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see the Blue Jackets in round 1 over anyone else. I think that's the most favorable matchup, chances are that won't happen tho.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see the Blue Jackets in round 1 over anyone else. I think that's the most favorable matchup, chances are that won't happen tho.

If your team beats Detroit on the 9th, it will go a long way toward making them the bottom wild card. This could all change a lot still. Theoretically NJ or Washington could still make the playoffs if either of them win out and Columbus stumbles. I feel pretty safe about the Flyers making the playoffs and top three, but it's definitely not a lock.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your team beats Detroit on the 9th, it will go a long way toward making them the bottom wild card. This could all change a lot still. Theoretically NJ or Washington could still make the playoffs if either of them win out and Columbus stumbles. I feel pretty safe about the Flyers making the playoffs and top three, but it's definitely not a lock.

Yeah, things are really close after the top 3,

Lightning (93 points): vs Maple Leafs, vs Flyers, vs Blue Jackets, @ Capitals

Rangers (91 points): vs Hurricanes, vs Sabres, @ Canadiens

Red Wings (88 points): @ Sabres, @ Penguins, vs Hurricanes, @ Blues

Flyers (87 points): vs Sabres, @ Panthers, @ Lightning, @ Penguins, vs Hurricanes

Blue Jackets (85 points): vs Islanders, vs Coyotes, @ Stars, @ Lightning, @ Panthers

Devils: (84 points): vs Flames, @ Senators, vs Islanders, vs Bruins

Maple Leafs (84 points): @ Lightning, @ Panthers, @ Senators

Capitals (83 points): @ Blues, @ Hurricanes, vs Blackhawks, vs Lightning

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a thought...why not just look at the one game in front of the Flyers eh?

How have Chicago and Boston been so good this year? looking at one game at a time.

The Flyers MUST show up. All of them. No half played shifts. No half played periods. They must play 60 minutes with all four lines. All three defensive pairs.

This is a game ready to be won, and lost...if the Flyers don't show up, take the Sabres lightly and dont work hard, they will have a very very hard time.

I think they should and can win and win BIG.

so, Flyers....make it happen!!!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a thought...why not just look at the one game in front of the Flyers eh?

How have Chicago and Boston been so good this year? looking at one game at a time.

The Flyers MUST show up. All of them. No half played shifts. No half played periods. They must play 60 minutes with all four lines. All three defensive pairs.

This is a game ready to be won, and lost...if the Flyers don't show up, take the Sabres lightly and dont work hard, they will have a very very hard time.

I think they should and can win and win BIG.

so, Flyers....make it happen!!!

Yep the Flyers have to worry about one game at a time - the schedule the rest of the way is more favorable but you can get caught looking ahead, so just focus on this one game - get a win and get some confidence - winning is the only way you gain confidence

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: