• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Buffalo Bills WR

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diggs caught 107 balls last year.

After the middle of October, he had zero 100 yard games. Shakir had two.
New OC, two high safety schemes - plus I truly think Diggs wanted out of BUF and they all knew it. ....

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How often does Buffalo use 2 TE, 12 personnel type of set up? That might be their best 11 on the field.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Samuel will turn 28 just before the season starts.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new OC is still the OC, right?

Joe Brady was Samuels OC in Carolina for his most productive season fwiw.
That is correct and Samuels may be the second most productive guy after Kincaid. ... IMO.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How often does Buffalo use 2 TE, 12 personnel type of set up? That might be their best 11 on the field.
Much like Vegas should, ..they SHOULD run it almost exclusively both Knox and Kincaid , with whatever two man combination of Shakir/Samuel/and Coleman, that best suits any given situation

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much like Vegas should, ..they SHOULD run it almost exclusively both Knox and Kincaid , with whatever two man combination of Shakir/Samuel/and Coleman, that best suits any given situation
Extremely similar to Vegas at the TE spot, imo. I do think Bowers should be a little better than Kincaid long-term. Vegas also has a clear #1 WR.

Heck, I'm honestly under the opinion that the Chiefs might be best off running 2 TE sets most of the time. Bit of a mess for fantasy purposes.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Extremely similar to Vegas at the TE spot, imo. I do think Bowers should be a little better than Kincaid long-term. Vegas also has a clear #1 WR.

Heck, I'm honestly under the opinion that the Chiefs might be best off running 2 TE sets most of the time. Bit of a mess for fantasy purposes.

i doubt it for the chiefs.. i just cant see Kelce having a big season anymore... similar to last season for him... he is too old, ant the chiefs have too easy of a road to make it to the playoffs...

I personally think the chiefs are going to be a run heavy team this season... again, that division is just so bad....

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i doubt it for the chiefs.. i just cant see Kelce having a big season anymore... similar to last season for him... he is too old, ant the chiefs have too easy of a road to make it to the playoffs...

I personally think the chiefs are going to be a run heavy team this season... again, that division is just so bad....
Its going to be the Brown, Kelce, and Pacheco show next year. Its more about what the depth on the offense looks like. If I'm choosing between Noah Gray, Justin Watson and Xavier Worthy then maybe Gray is the most balanced of the bunch. Chiefs have 2 young guys a LT and Taylor at RT is much better at pass blocking than run blocking so maybe they need 2 TEs for the run game. Hard to say

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

with virtually EVERYONE running some form of cover 2 shell as their base set these days, the place where offenses win is over the middle, behind the LB's..if you've got two good pass catching TE's, who don't automatically signal to defenses that a pass is coming, I can't see why you wouldn't run a two tight set. You're just not beating today's defenses with a WR outrunning coverage anymore, not until you get them to break that cover 2 shell, and the only way to do that is A the run game, or B tight ends/slots running intermediate over the middle and just taking little chunks. Both options, ideal for the 2 tight set

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
160 targets aren't just going to disappear, there will be at least 1 elite receiving option, easily could be 2, coming from the Bills this season. Impossible to figure out who they'll be right now, as Allen spread it out a ton behind Diggs the last few seasons. But the guy is an elite playmaker in the NFL and that's not going to change due to us fantasy nerds not knowing who his top targets are heading into the season.

Josh Allen last 4 seasons has averaged 4,385 pass yds, 34.25 pass tds, 617.5 rush yds, 9 rush tds.

Diggs didn't create that, he was just the beneficiary, and now someone else will be the beneficiary. At least with them bringing MVS on board they'll still have someone get open downfield and drop the ball, just like Diggs.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB - TE - WR distribution
Screenshot_20240514_145744_Samsung Internet.jpg

After looking at Curtis Samuel's career, I would say it wont be him. He averages about 40 yards a game. Dont see him suddenly becoming more than that.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new OC is still the OC, right?

Joe Brady was Samuels OC in Carolina for his most productive season fwiw.

I think it is common for OCs or offensive HCs to bring in guys that are familiar with the system and terminology to help the transition and get the younger, more talented players in sync with the play calling and where to be/when to be there.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB - TE - WR distribution
View attachment 362110

After looking at Curtis Samuel's career, I would say it wont be him. He averages about 40 yards a game. Dont see him suddenly becoming more than that.
So your thinking Shakir or the rookie ( assuming you don't think MSV and Claypool are viable options)? Your probably thinking none of the above and most would agree, but which has the better (but not really good) FF value?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your thinking Shakir or the rookie ( assuming you don't think MSV and Claypool are viable options)? Your probably thinking none of the above and most would agree, but which has the better (but not really good) FF value?
This discussion as helped. Camp should reveal more obviously. But yes, i basically think its a 2-man race between Shakir and Keon Coleman.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yes, i basically think its a 2-man race between Shakir and Keon Coleman.
Coleman is the higher ceiling, lower floor of the two, imo. Coleman isnt Gabe Davis but put into that role Coleman in the red zone and/or when things break down is a huge target that goes up and gets it. I think this will be a slam dunk if Coleman can get separation.

I'm looking at 10 yd split times and Keon Coleman is 1.54 while Gabe Davis is 1.55, Laquon Treadwell is 1.62 and Nkeal Harry is 1.62. Coleman also better Vert than Gabe Davis but worse long speed. I think Coleman's athletic profile is intriguing enough to roll the dice because of Josh Allen. Coleman might take a year, though.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
160 targets aren't just going to disappear, there will be at least 1 elite receiving option, easily could be 2, coming from the Bills this season. Impossible to figure out who they'll be right now, as Allen spread it out a ton behind Diggs the last few seasons. But the guy is an elite playmaker in the NFL and that's not going to change due to us fantasy nerds not knowing who his top targets are heading into the season.

Josh Allen last 4 seasons has averaged 4,385 pass yds, 34.25 pass tds, 617.5 rush yds, 9 rush tds.

Diggs didn't create that, he was just the beneficiary, and now someone else will be the beneficiary. At least with them bringing MVS on board they'll still have someone get open downfield and drop the ball, just like Diggs.
yeah..I dunno about that. it is at minimum debatable that Diggs did in fact create a large portion of that. Before Digs, Allen barely cleared 3K yards. with Diggs he's never fallen below 4200. It's not a stretch at all to think his numbers might fall off a cliff without a real alpha, because that where they were before he had one.
Also, before Diggs there were questions as to whether Allen was a bust or not, he certainly wasn't an elite playmaker, through the air, until Diggs came around.

I for one, am not expecting Josh Allen to create a #1 fantasy WR out of this bunch, nothing in his history, or pedigree, suggests that he will.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah..I dunno about that. it is at minimum debatable that Diggs did in fact create a large portion of that. Before Digs, Allen barely cleared 3K yards. with Diggs he's never fallen below 4200. It's not a stretch at all to think his numbers might fall off a cliff without a real alpha, because that where they were before he had one.
Also, before Diggs there were questions as to whether Allen was a bust or not, he certainly wasn't an elite playmaker, through the air, until Diggs came around.

I for one, am not expecting Josh Allen to create a #1 fantasy WR out of this bunch, nothing in his history, or pedigree, suggests that he will.

I think you may have inferred things that I didn't intend.
If Kincaid leads this team in receptions, you don't think he'd be an elite fantasy option? kinda feel like that one's a slam dunk.
If any of the WRs get over 100 targets, they'll be sniffing top 12 fantasy WR numbers, cause one of those guys will be catching 8-10 TDs this year, so if the targets and red zone love go to the same guy, should be a lock for a top 18 WR season and could easily land in that WR6-12 range.