• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bud Dupree suspension for hit on Matt Moore?

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats cool .. we all knew the fine was coming

Not all. A few in this thread didn't think the play even deserved a flag, let alone a fine.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all. A few in this thread didn't think the play even deserved a flag, let alone a fine.

Still don't - just goes to show the inconsistent application of the rules by the NFL.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dupree will appeal, not sure what kind of fairness he will get - but I'm sure they will argue the passer protections don't apply since Moore was out of the pocket and advancing that ball.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dupree will appeal, not sure what kind of fairness he will get - but I'm sure they will argue the passer protections don't apply since Moore was out of the pocket and advancing that ball.
advancing the ball?
too funny....bet you'd feel differently had that been Brady

Calm

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And he will lose that appeal. Fine may be reduced, but it will not be thrown out.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
advancing the ball?
too funny....bet you'd feel differently had that been Brady

Nope (see the running QB to the left in my AVI)... at some point these guys need to be classified as runners, and the NFL is struggling with that definition.

When you start penalizing result and not the rule, you get this. IMO Moore should have been classified as a runner on the play.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope (see the running QB to the left in my AVI)... at some point these guys need to be classified as runners, and the NFL is struggling with that definition.

When you start penalizing result and not the rule, you get this. IMO Moore should have been classified as a runner on the play.
I can agree to disagree
always though advancing the ball would be beyond the line of scrimmage.

Calm

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your opinion is not the issue. The way the rule is written is clear. Whether you think it is a stupid rule that shouldn't be on the books or have issue with inconsistent application of the rule doesn't matter. He broke the rule and was flagged accordingly.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've already gone round and round on the verbiage of the rule - now consider that the defender has to make that decision in a fraction of a second - whether the QB is a runner or a passer. Dupre will appeal and have an argument whether you like it or not.

I would hate to be a defender in the NFL these days...

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Grogan sure did take some hits in his career. He was a tough SOB.