• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bucs trade Aqib Talib to Pats

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The New England Patriots moved to bolster their porous secondary, acquiring cornerback Aqib Talib, who has one game remaining on a four-game suspension for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances.

The Buccaneers announced the trade, completed before Thursday's 4 p.m. deadline but didn't say what they are receiving in return.

Talib is in the final season of his contract.

The fifth-year pro said in a statement released by the Buccaneers earlier this month that he took an Adderall pill without a prescription "around the beginning of training camp."

Talib was the 20th overall pick in the 2008 draft and was one of Tampa Bay's top defenders with 18 career interceptions.

Talib's current suspension is his second of his NFL career.

The 26-year-old was suspended without pay for the 2010 regular-season opener and also fined one additional game check for violating the NFL's personal-conduct policy. That discipline stemmed from an altercation with a St. Petersburg cab driver during training camp in August 2009.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think NE secondary was that bad but interesting move to say the least IMO.... It's on Talib now.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good move by the Pats. I'm sure due to his conduct history, they didn't give up more than a 6th round pick.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't think NE secondary was that bad but interesting move to say the least IMO.... It's on Talib now.

McCourty has reportedly only been the standout thus far for them. Arrington has reportedly struggled. They released Sterling Moore because of his play. Dennard has reportedly been up and down. Dowling was placed on I.R. this week.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucs sent Aqib and a 2013 7th rounder to the Pats for a 2013 4th rounder.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucs sent Aqib and a 2013 7th rounder to the Pats for a 2013 4th rounder.

Great Trade. Talib has not been consistent for 2 years now. Plus he is a FA after this year and still has one game to sit out. Not to mention it sends a strong message to a Very Very Young team.

This year will be a struggle, way too many injuries. But Next year I think the Bucs will be one of the best teams in the League Bar None (unless we get a repeat of injuries).

BTW - Dont know how the #28 Pass Defense gets better by trading for Burnt Toast from the #31 Pass Defense, who is also on suspension...

Also - That 7th rounder was the Bears 7th Rounder, not that it matters but it will be a lot lower than the Bucs 7th round pick.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Trade. Talib has not been consistent for 2 years now. Plus he is a FA after this year and still has one game to sit out. Not to mention it sends a strong message to a Very Very Young team.

This year will be a struggle, way too many injuries. But Next year I think the Bucs will be one of the best teams in the League Bar None (unless we get a repeat of injuries).

BTW - Dont know how the #28 Pass Defense gets better by trading for Burnt Toast from the #31 Pass Defense, who is also on suspension...

Also - That 7th rounder was the Bears 7th Rounder, not that it matters but it will be a lot lower than the Bucs 7th round pick.

Yeah, if you violate the rules, we'll send you to a Super Bowl contender. Just kidding.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a good move for the Pats, they acquire a pro bowl caliber CB for next to nothing.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Patriots have a recent history of trading nothing for pro-bowlers. I'll trust Belichick's track record over... who is your front office? Honestly, I don't know, because they're nobody relevant.

The Bucs won't be a playoff team for at least 5 years.

Sorry, man. That was some ridiculous spin. No offense. Please don't stalk me.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots have a recent history of trading nothing for pro-bowlers. I'll trust Belichick's track record over... who is your front office? Honestly, I don't know, because they're nobody relevant.

The Bucs won't be a playoff team for at least 5 years.

Sorry, man. That was some ridiculous spin. No offense. Please don't stalk me.

I dont stalk, that is for others on this site, plus this is your board. But I love the opportunity to Post Mark Dominiks Stats as a GM since he took over in 2009.

Drafted Starters
QB - Josh Freeman (09, 1st)
WR - Mike Williams (10, 4th)
RB - Doug Martin (12, 1st)
DT - Roy Miller (09, 3rd)
DT - Gerald McCoy (10, 1st)
DE - Adrian Clayborn (11, 1st) (INJ)
MLB - Mason Foster (11, 3rd)
OLB - Lavonte David (12, 2nd)
SS - Mark Barron (12, 1st)

Every First round pick is a Starter (and would be on most teams)

FA Starters (including Own FA resigned as FAs during free agency)
WR - Vincent Jackson (12)
OG - Carl Nicks (12)
OG - Davin Joseph (11)
C - Jeremy Zuttah (12)
OLB - Quincy Black (11)
FS - Ronde Barber (12)
CB - Eric Wright (12)
TE - Dallas Clark (12)
P - Mike Koenen (11)

Some Notable Trades
Bucs send a 2nd and 4th, to Denver for a 1st and 4th. Bucs use that first on Doug Martin. Also use the 4th to help move up and draft Lavonte David.

Bucs send Brian Price to Bears for 7th round pick. Brain Price is no longer playing football.

Bucs send Winslow to Seattle for a conditional pick (which they lost when he was Cut), but got a Draft Pick for someone who could no longer play football.

Bucs send Gaines Adams to the Bears for a 2nd round pick. Adams passes away (RIP).

The Bucs GM has in less than 4 year Completly Rebuilt this team, that is chalk full of young players under 25 who are Very Good.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont stalk, that is for others on this site, plus this is your board. But I love the opportunity to Post Mark Dominiks Stats as a GM since he took over in 2009.

Drafted Starters
QB - Josh Freeman (09, 1st)
WR - Mike Williams (10, 4th)
RB - Doug Martin (12, 1st)
DT - Roy Miller (09, 3rd)
DT - Gerald McCoy (10, 1st)
DE - Adrian Clayborn (11, 1st) (INJ)
MLB - Mason Foster (11, 3rd)
OLB - Lavonte David (12, 2nd)
SS - Mark Barron (12, 1st)

Every First round pick is a Starter (and would be on most teams)

FA Starters (including Own FA resigned as FAs during free agency)
WR - Vincent Jackson (12)
OG - Carl Nicks (12)
OG - Davin Joseph (11)
C - Jeremy Zuttah (12)
OLB - Quincy Black (11)
FS - Ronde Barber (12)
CB - Eric Wright (12)
TE - Dallas Clark (12)
P - Mike Koenen (11)

Some Notable Trades
Bucs send a 2nd and 4th, to Denver for a 1st and 4th. Bucs use that first on Doug Martin. Also use the 4th to help move up and draft Lavonte David.

Bucs send Brian Price to Bears for 7th round pick. Brain Price is no longer playing football.

Bucs send Winslow to Seattle for a conditional pick (which they lost when he was Cut), but got a Draft Pick for someone who could no longer play football.

Bucs send Gaines Adams to the Bears for a 2nd round pick. Adams passes away (RIP).

The Bucs GM has in less than 4 year Completly Rebuilt this team, that is chalk full of young players under 25 who are Very Good.

Well, you're signing Lobos, so he can't be that good. :)

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not surprised that they made a move for a Corner back their secondary has struggled this season.