• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Buck/Perez/Ruiz

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in a 2C roto league 10 team Have to trade 1C Who goes? Buck off to great start Perez off to poor start Ruiz off suspension next week

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in a 2C roto league 10 team Have to trade 1C Who goes? Buck off to great start Perez off to poor start Ruiz off suspension next week

Buck can't possibly keep this up...can he? HR's notwithstanding, he's shown signs of slowing down. I still have faith in Sally P. You might be able to get good value for Buck.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I like Perez going forward. And with Bucks start I think u could get a lot of value out of him.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

An interesting article on fangraphs today about Buck.
John Buck?s New Approach | FanGraphs Fantasy Baseball

Perez is off to a horrible start but he is known for his BA so he will be steady when that comes around. Same thing with Ruiz, he was never known to be a big power hitter but for the past 3 season he's been a dependable source for BA.

I have a hard time believing Buck will continue this, but stranger things have happened. This could be a career year for him (like Ruiz was doing last year), or the bottom could fall out mid-season.

For me it's between Ruiz & Buck. If you decide to trade Buck you have one of two options. One would be to trade him now when his value is the highest. The second would be to wait (if that's possible) until the middle or end of May, reason being some teams in your league may not want to pay for Buck thinking he's off to a hot start and nothing more. If he's still doing this next month you'll have a bigger trading audience, but there is a risk involved if the bottom comes crashing out on Buck before you get a chance to cash in.
Ruiz would be the other option to trade and if you do, keep your eyes open on the waiver wire incase you need to replace Buck if/when he stops hitting. (Maybe stash Mike Zunino if possible, or Yasmani Grandal)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting article with no conclusion. Did a CBS guy write this? :scratch:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, I would trade Ruiz. He should still have decent value based on his year last year, and this way, you don't lose your current hot hand in Buck, nor do you trade away the best option long term in Perez.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An interesting article on fangraphs today about Buck.
John Buck?s New Approach | FanGraphs Fantasy Baseball

Perez is off to a horrible start but he is known for his BA so he will be steady when that comes around. Same thing with Ruiz, he was never known to be a big power hitter but for the past 3 season he's been a dependable source for BA.

I have a hard time believing Buck will continue this, but stranger things have happened. This could be a career year for him (like Ruiz was doing last year), or the bottom could fall out mid-season.

For me it's between Ruiz & Buck. If you decide to trade Buck you have one of two options. One would be to trade him now when his value is the highest. The second would be to wait (if that's possible) until the middle or end of May, reason being some teams in your league may not want to pay for Buck thinking he's off to a hot start and nothing more. If he's still doing this next month you'll have a bigger trading audience, but there is a risk involved if the bottom comes crashing out on Buck before you get a chance to cash in.
Ruiz would be the other option to trade and if you do, keep your eyes open on the waiver wire incase you need to replace Buck if/when he stops hitting. (Maybe stash Mike Zunino if possible, or Yasmani Grandal)

Both good ideas if he decides to keep Buck......Another would be D'Arnaud.....I would have to think when/if Buck returns to being his normal .200 with 15 HR pop that the Mets would turn to D'Arnaud......I know they don't want to start his clock too early though but if Buck can keep this new found success going for another month to 6 weeks, I don't think the Mets would hesitate to go to D'Arnaud then.....

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both good ideas if he decides to keep Buck......Another would be D'Arnaud.....I would have to think when/if Buck returns to being his normal .200 with 15 HR pop that the Mets would turn to D'Arnaud......I know they don't want to start his clock too early though but if Buck can keep this new found success going for another month to 6 weeks, I don't think the Mets would hesitate to go to D'Arnaud then.....

They would need some of that time anyway, as D'Arnaud is hurt again, and on the shelf in AAA now.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would need some of that time anyway, as D'Arnaud is hurt again, and on the shelf in AAA now.

Awww, I wasn't aware of that.....what type of injury does he have?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just this past Friday that it was announced that he has a broken bone in his foot, and that he will be out for up to 8 weeks.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thx guys i am waiting to see what offers i get like most i dont trust Buck think perez will do good and ruiz has been steady 50/10/50 w/300 ba

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was just this past Friday that it was announced that he has a broken bone in his foot, and that he will be out for up to 8 weeks.

Yeah, it happened just in time to quell the Stanton rumor. :)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Chef posts a happy face, inside he's doing this.:gaah:

Like I said on the Mets board, let's hope Buck Keeps his streak going a little longer...like the rest of the season. :)

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that did not work out like I intended.

DOH!