• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bryshhhhhhhhhhhhhhgalov...

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Remaining Schedule:

3/26 Tampa
3/29 @Toronto
3/31 Ottawa
4/1 @Pitt
4/3 NY
4/5 Buffala
4/7 @Pitt

It is my belief that they need to give Bryz at least one of these games off. Looking at the schedule I think that game needs to be this Sunday against Pitt. I understand it is a huge game BUT we have played them a a lot recently and we play them one more time to end the season. This will give him 2 stretches with 2 days between games this week and a manageable 3 game workload next week. Interested in what everyone else's thoughts on this are.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'll just say you gotta play your big guns in big games at big times

and you guys can infer from that :)

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i'll just say you gotta play your big guns in big games at big times

and you guys can infer from that :)

that was as much insight as my 3 stars i gave you last week ha

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remaining Schedule:

3/26 Tampa
3/29 @Toronto
3/31 Ottawa
4/1 @Pitt
4/3 NY
4/5 Buffala
4/7 @Pitt

It is my belief that they need to give Bryz at least one of these games off. Looking at the schedule I think that game needs to be this Sunday against Pitt. I understand it is a huge game BUT we have played them a a lot recently and we play them one more time to end the season. This will give him 2 stretches with 2 days between games this week and a manageable 3 game workload next week. Interested in what everyone else's thoughts on this are.

I would absolutely sit Bryz against Ottawa and then start him in every other game. The games against the Pens at this point are just too vital to not have him in there and it would still keep him from playing back to back entirely.

Hell, even play him in all of our remaining games if you must. That would put him at 61 games started for the season. He started 67 and 69 games respectively the last two seasons with the Yotes. It shouldn't be all that big of a deal. He will be fresh, healthy and streaking come the playoffs either way. His workload has been less this season, which may have helped him in the long run, who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To take this even a step further, I looked up the total shots faced by Bryz last season compared to this season.

Even if he faces 200+ shots the rest of the season (which won't happen), he'll have faced 400+ shots fewer this season than he did last season, a decrease of well over 20%.

That's pretty refreshing to hear.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i thought about Ottawa at first, and was split. but then i thought maybe give him the break sunday to give the penguins a different look since we are playing them 3 times in 3 weeks. plus bob is something like 4-0-1 at pittsburgh in his career.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought about Ottawa at first, and was split. but then i thought maybe give him the break sunday to give the penguins a different look since we are playing them 3 times in 3 weeks. plus bob is something like 4-0-1 at pittsburgh in his career.

This ^ makes sense

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just saw a report that said that Bryz was limping after the game last night, but Holmgren has denied any injury, and he already announced that Bob gets the start in toronto on thursday.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just saw a report that said that Bryz was limping after the game last night, but Holmgren has denied any injury, and he already announced that Bob gets the start in toronto on thursday.

gotta love homer, no injury but no doubt bob will start next game

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
now i get a word he has a chip fracture, just fucking great

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
now i get a word he has a chip fracture, just fucking great

Apparently its not serious and he is day to day. Bring up Leighton I guess, they should have the cap space, and rest Bryz.

I like Bob to get the start in Pitt like u said in another thread he is 4-0-1 in Pitt.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SIAP, but Timonnen apparently out Wednesday, 'day-to-day' as well. The back issue.

Bryz, Timmonen out .

Also:

As a result, Bryzgalov will not make the trip up to Toronto on Wednesday, leaving the Flyers to recall goaltender Jason Bacashihua from their AHL affiliate, the Adirondack Phantoms, who will back up goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky on Thursday at the Air Canada Centre.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This says Bryz is going the next couple of games (or at least wants to):

Bryzgalov said he felt out of sync from the layoff.

"I think I could play better," said Bryzgalov after stopping 19 of 24 shots. "I was a little bit rusty after missing a couple games and practice, but I liked our character. We don't give up after 4-0."

The 31-year-old goalie, the NHL's player of the month in March, said it was "very important" he play the final two regular-season games to get back into a rhythm and "make sure all systems are working hard before we step into the most important time of the year."

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bryz should start tommorow, but the game in Pitt is a hard decision. Bobs record in Pitt speaks for itself.

Bryz should play since he'll be the one starting for the playoffs.

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bryz should play since he'll be the one starting for the playoffs.

Thinking about it and your right. Bob will never get the start in Pitt for the playoffs even with his crazy record there and his dominant play. I compare this to how Valiqutte that NYR backup who dominated the Flyers for a while, but they stopped using him after he lost 1 game in philly and went back to Lunkqvist.