• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brooklyn Nets hire Kenny Atkinson as new head coach

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...becomes 21st head coach in Nets history.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy for him. I'm sure he's learned a good bit with the Hawks.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowkey hire that could be a sneaky good one

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowkey hire that could be a sneaky good one

I'm probably biased since he's coming from the Hawks, but I agree. I think he'll help the Nets get back on track.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess we'll see. I'm not impressed with Hawks coaching or coaches.....the Hawks have had the same problems for years and nobody in the organization seems willing to fix it, which is why they won't win anything that matters. Part of that is personnel, but another part is coaching.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess we'll see. I'm not impressed with Hawks coaching or coaches.....the Hawks have had the same problems for years and nobody in the organization seems willing to fix it, which is why they won't win anything that matters. Part of that is personnel, but another part is coaching.

Mike Budenholzer is the main reason the team we have now is worth a shit. He won Coach of the Year last year for a reason. He does a lot with less talent than other playoff teams.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Budenholzer is the main reason the team we have now is worth a shit. He won Coach of the Year last year for a reason. He does a lot with less talent than other playoff teams.

I agree to a small extent.

His coaching is still problematic. The Hawks rely too much on the 3 point shot.....which is doubly bad because they're undersized and as a result get no rebounding. I've watched them come down on offense multiple times with all 5 starters on the 3 point line. That's unacceptable, and should be for Coach Bud.

The Hawks consistently win when Jeff Teague is aggressive and going to the hole......but this isn't something that's stressed, they're too busy shooting 3s. NOBODY can stay in front of Teague when he decides it's go time......but Coach isn't drilling that into his head game in and game out.

These are OBVIOUS coaching gaffes. I'm not critiquing his rotations, or even play sets. He does coach his team to play defense. But as long as he's letting them jack up 30+ 3s a game, they won't stand a chance against better competition. That's completely on him.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to a small extent.

His coaching is still problematic. The Hawks rely too much on the 3 point shot.....which is doubly bad because they're undersized and as a result get no rebounding. I've watched them come down on offense multiple times with all 5 starters on the 3 point line. That's unacceptable, and should be for Coach Bud.

The Hawks consistently win when Jeff Teague is aggressive and going to the hole......but this isn't something that's stressed, they're too busy shooting 3s. NOBODY can stay in front of Teague when he decides it's go time......but Coach isn't drilling that into his head game in and game out.

These are OBVIOUS coaching gaffes. I'm not critiquing his rotations, or even play sets. He does coach his team to play defense. But as long as he's letting them jack up 30+ 3s a game, they won't stand a chance against better competition. That's completely on him.

I love the three-point shot when they're making them, but I hate how they often just keep doing it. As for Teague, I'm not sure how much of that is Bud or him. He's always been inconsistent about being aggressive, even before Bud came to town. It's one of the reasons I've been wanting to trade him and let Schroeder get the start. I'm expecting Schroeder to be a beast in the future.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the three-point shot when they're making them, but I hate how they often just keep doing it. As for Teague, I'm not sure how much of that is Bud or him. He's always been inconsistent about being aggressive, even before Bud came to town. It's one of the reasons I've been wanting to trade him and let Schroeder get the start. I'm expecting Schroeder to be a beast in the future.

Schroeder is a backup.....he's never going to be more than that. Starting him would be a mistake......he's a turnover machine and he often lacks decisiveness or direction. If you're going to start him Bud has to coach him up more, but we see that failing with Teague. I agree that Teague is really the only tradeable asset they have, but he's much better than Schroeder. This team has been reluctant to trade pieces too. They've maxed out this roster's talent level.......they won't get farther without some new parts

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schroeder is a backup.....he's never going to be more than that. Starting him would be a mistake......he's a turnover machine and he often lacks decisiveness or direction. If you're going to start him Bud has to coach him up more, but we see that failing with Teague. I agree that Teague is really the only tradeable asset they have, but he's much better than Schroeder. This team has been reluctant to trade pieces too. They've maxed out this roster's talent level.......they won't get farther without some new parts

He's a little erratic at times, but he's very talented and still so young. I'm hoping we can make something out of him because we're going to need another one when Teague asks for more money than he probably deserves. Another problem we have is shooting guard. Kyle Korver is not a starting caliber SG. His ass need to be coming off the bench as a sixth man. They also need to do something about that revolving door at SF. We haven't had stability at that position since Marvin Williams was here, and he wasn't even good. I'm thinking Bazemore could be that guy, but I would love to somehow acquire someone like Tobias Harris to play that position instead.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a little erratic at times, but he's very talented and still so young. I'm hoping we can make something out of him because we're going to need another one when Teague asks for more money than he probably deserves. Another problem we have is shooting guard. Kyle Korver is not a starting caliber SG. His ass need to be coming off the bench as a sixth man. They also need to do something about that revolving door at SF. We haven't had stability at that position since Marvin Williams was here, and he wasn't even good. I'm thinking Bazemore could be that guy, but I would love to somehow acquire someone like Tobias Harris to play that position instead.

Korver definitely needs to be coming off the bench. Personally I think they should have resigned Carroll and let Milsap walk.....he's replaceable. And if they let Horford go, they are really screwed. There just isn't enough talent on this roster and Horford isn't a guy I'd pay top dollar to.

At some point they're going to have to realistically look at turning over the entire roster. They needed to make trades THIS year, unless they think they can get lucky in the draft.