• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos sign Chiefs EDGE Frank Clark

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen the contract details yet but much needed signing off the edge... A guy who has had his fair share of off the field issues but something we can use right now.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that is why we released McManus when we did. This must have been in the works. It shores up a weak area but not excited about the player given his extensive personal issues. Hopefully he is past all that.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$5.5 all guaranteed with another $2 in incentives. Not a bad contract for a player of that talent.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should put the McManus story to rest now.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorta funny to think we have Randy Gregory and Frank Clark both at EDGE.... A year ago that would have looked insane... Now it still looks promising but both have to prove it this year between health and resorting back to what they were prior to last year. (Gregory was never really ever healthy last year)

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen the contract details yet but much needed signing off the edge... A guy who has had his fair share of off the field issues but something we can use right now.
That's a good get for you guys at that price. Not very versatile but will get after the QB

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a great signing for the Broncos, and seems pretty team friendly too. I agree that it puts the McManus cut to rest, but it is still malfeasance in the FO to cut the kicker well before this agreement was completed. Just like it was malfeasance to offer Russ that massive contract extension prior to him taking a single snap for the franchise even though he had two seasons still under contract.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Browning tore his MCL.. He should be fine for the start of the season but another injury for Browning.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Browning tore his MCL.. He should be fine for the start of the season but another injury for Browning.
Which further explains the Clark signing.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a great signing for the Broncos, and seems pretty team friendly too. I agree that it puts the McManus cut to rest, but it is still malfeasance in the FO to cut the kicker well before this agreement was completed. Just like it was malfeasance to offer Russ that massive contract extension prior to him taking a single snap for the franchise even though he had two seasons still under contract.
Yes, definitely malfeasance. Especially since we all know the day to day inner workings of the front office, coaches, and medical staff.

Its so weird to me how much Seahawks fans are still stuck on the Wilson trade.

Is it some kind of ptsd or trauma that you're still working through? If so Im here for you man.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now DC has a way to root for the Chiefs. This could build bridges with some of his family members. That, in itself, justifies this contract.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now DC has a way to root for the Chiefs. This could build bridges with some of his family members. That, in itself, justifies this contract.

Hey, I often remind my dad that his old buddy Neil Smith won two super bowls with us. Good bonding time for us.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent signing. I had other edge players I liked more, but from the sound of things they wanted a lot more money than what the Broncos just paid Frank Clark. Wouldn't surprise me if the Broncos made some offers to others similar to what they are paying Clark and got turned down. Makes me think back to when the Broncos made an offer to DRC and he turned it down only to then have the Broncos offer that same deal to Talib later that same day. DRC then came back the next day saying he wanted to sign it and well the rest is history.

As for Clark definitely needed with the Browning injury. DL/Edge is still my biggest worry on this team. Not a whole lot of really proven/healthy guys in that group.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Omg I forgot about that DRC story. I remember chatting with DC about that and laughing hysterically.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Omg I forgot about that DRC story. I remember chatting with DC about that and laughing hysterically.

That worked out for the best. While DRC had pretty good coverage and ball hawk skills he didn't really fall into that change we made when wanted a more "physical defense", we got that with Talib, Ward and Ware.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That worked out for the best. While DRC had pretty good coverage and ball hawk skills he didn't really fall into that change we made when wanted a more "physical defense", we got that with Talib, Ward and Ware.
Exactly. DRC just wasn't as nasty as Talib. He brought an edginess that just fit. That whole unit that year. in an era where the league has tried to render defense obsolete it must have been hard for the commissioner to watch this defense utterly dominate the entire season. That defense had some attitude but was not unlikable either. Ware was a fantastic leader, Miller a great entertainer. CHJ a class act. Ward and Talib were maybe a little unlikable but any fan of any team that year would have loved to have that defense. Easily one of the top 5 greatest units in NFL history especially when you adjust for the offensive-favored era they played in.

In 3 playoffs games that unit faced the #1, #3, and #4 scoring offenses and held them to a total of 44 points. That is just mind blowing.

I have my skepticism about Vance Joseph being able to get this year's group anywhere close to that level. I think we have a decent looking roster though I have some concerns about the front of our defense. And of course the DC. I hope I'm wrong though. I'd love to see another former HC who returns to be the DC lead an epic unit.

I can dream, right?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. DRC just wasn't as nasty as Talib. He brought an edginess that just fit. That whole unit that year. in an era where the league has tried to render defense obsolete it must have been hard for the commissioner to watch this defense utterly dominate the entire season. That defense had some attitude but was not unlikable either. Ware was a fantastic leader, Miller a great entertainer. CHJ a class act. Ward and Talib were maybe a little unlikable but any fan of any team that year would have loved to have that defense. Easily one of the top 5 greatest units in NFL history especially when you adjust for the offensive-favored era they played in.

In 3 playoffs games that unit faced the #1, #3, and #4 scoring offenses and held them to a total of 44 points. That is just mind blowing.

I have my skepticism about Vance Joseph being able to get this year's group anywhere close to that level. I think we have a decent looking roster though I have some concerns about the front of our defense. And of course the DC. I hope I'm wrong though. I'd love to see another former HC who returns to be the DC lead an epic unit.

I can dream, right?

You can definitely dream. About everything possible would have to break the Broncos way from that of health to players taking giant leaps forward in their abilities. Crazier things have happened. Really for me if the defense can just hover around that top-10 kind of spot with a big jump from the offense I am perfectly fine with that combination.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can definitely dream. About everything possible would have to break the Broncos way from that of health to players taking giant leaps forward in their abilities. Crazier things have happened. Really for me if the defense can just hover around that top-10 kind of spot with a big jump from the offense I am perfectly fine with that combination.

I certainly hope they can. The defense was ridiculous last year. The numbers don't fully show it because of how awful the offense was. Health is a huge concern again, of course. But I agree, hovering around the top 10 and seeing the offense actually contribute something for a change would probably put this team in the range of 10 or so wins.