• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos "awarded"

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Te Jenson from Jags and a wr Solomon something from Bucs. Where does this "awarded" come from? Previous considerations with trades? Or?

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first guess, w/out seeing the actual story, is they are practice squad acquisitions.

Update: Okay, after finding the story, I see these were waiver claims. So awarded is appropriate, since there is often competition amongst teams for players on the waiver wire.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit!! I thought the Broncos were playing a game today or something.... :lol:

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first guess, w/out seeing the actual story, is they are practice squad acquisitions.

Update: Okay, after finding the story, I see these were waiver claims. So awarded is appropriate, since there is often competition amongst teams for players on the waiver wire.
Hey Walker. Well what had me wondering was they showed more aquisitions and they used the term "claimed" off waivers with the other teams mentioned. Denver was the only one that said " awarded to ". So there must be something dif with Denvers

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Walker. Well what had me wondering was they showed more aquisitions and they used the term "claimed" off waivers with the other teams mentioned. Denver was the only one that said " awarded to ". So there must be something dif with Denvers
It's possible that there was at least one other team making a claim on each of these players. In that case, the player is awarded to the team that "wins" the claim, in this case Denver.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's possible that there was at least one other team making a claim on each of these players. In that case, the player is awarded to the team that "wins" the claim, in this case Denver.
That sounds very plausible Walk. If true then at least we're know these 2 Were at least coveted by one other team. That's not bad sign:)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"awarded" mean they were awarded these two off waivers.

The Jaguars cut Jenson and Tampa cut Solomon Patton. Each team puts in a waiver claim and the worst record team from the year before that puts a claim in is awarded that player... If nobody claims them they clear waivers and become an UFA. Awarded players salaries are picked up and a new one is not agreed to. Kinda why when a vet is cut they will clear waivers because a team may not want to pay the vet the amount he is making.. young players like Jenson and Patton are making league minimum so no sweat in claiming them.. If you're willing to pay a vets contract without negiotiating the deal then putting a claim in is worth it.. If the guy is already over paid he will clear waivers because someone will not want to pay him what he was making on his previous team.