• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos at Patriots: Week 12 Game Thread.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanted to get this started early since 1) It's the second "epic" matchup for the Broncos in as many weeks, and 2) The Patriots opened up as 2.5-point underdogs at home. Last time that happened was in 2005 against Manning and the Colts. Indy won easily 40-21. Here's hoping history repeats in 2013!!!:suds:

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see the game tonight between the patriots and panthers but I have too much stuff to do. I am hoping the broncos will be watching and taking a lot of notes. The game next Sunday is pretty important. Dropping this one could very well put KC back in the division lead with our next game in KC. That would make it tough to wrestle control from them. On top of just staying as division leaders this could tell who takes the 1 seed in the playoffs.

I am a little nervous at this point because the patriots have Gronk back and the offense is coming together. TEs still seem to be a problem for the broncos. We also have gotten bit by the injury bug yet again. Moore is going to miss some time and there is no telling if Welker and Thomas will be good to go.

I think this one is going to turn into a shootout unless our defense can learn to shutdown a TE and get some pressure on Brady.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that the Pats open as underdogs. I'm looking forward to watching their game at Carolina tonight. If NE is able to pull the upset tonight, then I would imagine that line against us could change quite a bit, maybe even enough to favor them by game time.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a great match up. The Patriots offense is starting to show some life but their defense seems to be struggling from all of the injuries so our offense should do just fine especially considering I don't think Manning will have to do much rehab this week with hardly getting touched this last week. Very interested to see how we handle Gronk in this one since TE's the past few seasons have had good success on us. Honestly the guy I would love to see the Broncos stick on him would be Webster. He has the size, speed, and power to I think at least do average against him one on one then maybe give him some safety help over the top. Otherwise stick Harris on Amendola and DRC on Edelmon or Dobson whoever starts.

Offensively I am hoping Welker get's his chance to go have a big game against the team that let him go. We shall see. Otherwise I would use a somewhat similar game plan to what we had this week in try to stay balanced and really test out the Patriots with missing Wilfork and Mayo in the run game.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Trevathan should line up on Gronk. Gronk may flatten a guy like Webster, but Trevathan can go blows with him. He has size, speed and the coverage skills to make that a tough option for Brady.

The Patriots offense is really starting to come together, but so is the Broncos defense. I honestly will be more concerned if the Pats lose tonight, because they don't drop two in a row very often. I am really glad they have a tough opponent this week because they are going to have to put a lot on film for the Broncos to analyze this week.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Patriots @ Panthers right now. Aqib Talib has been playing a game that is cheaper than a Tijuana whore. He'll most likely be lined up on Demaryus Thomas next week. I don't want to see Thomas allow himself to be baited into playing cheap, but I'm all for a player doing what he need to do to protect himself.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Patriots @ Panthers right now. Aqib Talib has been playing a game that is cheaper than a Tijuana whore. He'll most likely be lined up on Demaryus Thomas next week. I don't want to see Thomas allow himself to be baited into playing cheap, but I'm all for a player doing what he need to do to protect himself.

I do believe Talib was playing injured in that game with a bad hip. Interesting to see if he practices this week. Even if he does play, it's on a short week nursing an injury.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Trevathan should line up on Gronk. Gronk may flatten a guy like Webster, but Trevathan can go blows with him. He has size, speed and the coverage skills to make that a tough option for Brady.

The Patriots offense is really starting to come together, but so is the Broncos defense. I honestly will be more concerned if the Pats lose tonight, because they don't drop two in a row very often. I am really glad they have a tough opponent this week because they are going to have to put a lot on film for the Broncos to analyze this week.

Trevathan has a little more size obviously but Webster has surprised me with his physicality this season. I think putting him on Gronk with some safety help over the top would do just fine. Now same can be said for Trevathan though so wouldn't mind seeing either way in this one.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe Talib was playing injured in that game with a bad hip. Interesting to see if he practices this week. Even if he does play, it's on a short week nursing an injury.

Talib should have been suspended for this BS. He better not pull any of this crap next week.

Y! SPORTS

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to see the matchup of Talib on Demaryius, assuming that's what the Patriots do. However, Manning has so many other options, he may just pick them apart with Decker, Julius, and Welker.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turnovers and terrible pass defense against a good QB is the story of the game. Pass defense in the 2nd half just terrible.

KwitYerWhinin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turnovers and terrible pass defense against a good QB is the story of the game. Pass defense in the 2nd half just terrible.
The loss of DRC and Vickerson was obviously too huge to overcome

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that there are a number of stories to the game. Woodyard's inability to hold on to what would have otherwise been a big INT is one that could have improved the pass defense. DRC getting hurt is another that affected the pass coverage. To me the biggest story is a sad one ... really sucks to have finally lost on such a flukey play as the bounce off Carter on punt coverage.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holliday is a BUM. The only reason Cromartie got hurt was because Holliday muffed the punt at the end of the 1st half. That allowed the Pats to get the ball and Brady to throw that pass that Cromartie got hurt on. Holliday's bumbling IDIOT ways were also the only reason why Welker was in there as return man. Welker made the call to not field the punt too late, not giving Carter time to react. It was Welker's fault, not Carter. But Welker would not have even been the punt return man if not for that IDIOT Holliday being taken out because he kept fumbling the ball.

Also in this game, we saw what I've been warning everyone about. Peyton just is not the same QB in cold weather. His old fragile body just does not react well in the frigid weather. It's a HUGE concern. He'll put up all the pretty stats in the regular season, and then not get it done when he has to play a playoff game in brutal weather. All the stats will not mean anything in the end, sadly. Unless we get a break and there are no cold weather playoff games. Unlikely in January. If Only Peyton could play all his games in September/October weather. God Bless...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holliday is a BUM. The only reason Cromartie got hurt was because Holliday muffed the punt at the end of the 1st half. That allowed the Pats to get the ball and Brady to throw that pass that Cromartie got hurt on. Holliday's bumbling IDIOT ways were also the only reason why Welker was in there as return man. Welker made the call to not field the punt too late, not giving Carter time to react. It was Welker's fault, not Carter. But Welker would not have even been the punt return man if not for that IDIOT Holliday being taken out because he kept fumbling the ball.

Also in this game, we saw what I've been warning everyone about. Peyton just is not the same QB in cold weather. His old fragile body just does not react well in the frigid weather. It's a HUGE concern. He'll put up all the pretty stats in the regular season, and then not get it done when he has to play a playoff game in brutal weather. All the stats will not mean anything in the end, sadly. Unless we get a break and there are no cold weather playoff games. Unlikely in January. If Only Peyton could play all his games in September/October weather. God Bless...

So you lose to the Patriots and now your old Tebow trolls are back? That is a bad day.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that there are a number of stories to the game. Woodyard's inability to hold on to what would have otherwise been a big INT is one that could have improved the pass defense. DRC getting hurt is another that affected the pass coverage. To me the biggest story is a sad one ... really sucks to have finally lost on such a flukey play as the bounce off Carter on punt coverage.

It was 24-0 Denver lost that game by blowing that big lead. It wasnt lost at the end of OT. Injuries are no excuse anymore everyone has them including the Patriots on defense. The pass defense sucked period. When the offense struggles I dont trust this defense at all.