• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bring Drew Home

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Gooden is pretty much done, but I wouldn't be mad if they brought him in to fill up the end of the bench. I'd rather keep a guy like Clark though who has some upside and is still young.

I don't think he's done by any stretch of the imagination. The problem is that with O'Neal and Speights and (eventually) Ezeli as backups for Lee and Bogut, there is just no room for Gooden on the roster. Plus, there will be times when the Dubs go small and Barnes comes in as the PF. That makes five players and a partial sixth for two spots. Adding Gooden would make seven players for two spots. That's overkill.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's done by any stretch of the imagination. The problem is that with O'Neal and Speights and (eventually) Ezeli as backups for Lee and Bogut, there is just no room for Gooden on the roster. Plus, there will be times when the Dubs go small and Barnes comes in as the PF. That makes five players and a partial sixth for two spots. Adding Gooden would make seven players for two spots. That's overkill.

You're probably right.

My feeling is though, FE is going to be out til January perhaps? And Chances are JO isn't going to play 60 games this year, neither is Bogut.

Having Depth is never a bad thing. Having Good players = Good depth is a great problem to have.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You're probably right.

My feeling is though, FE is going to be out til January perhaps? And Chances are JO isn't going to play 60 games this year, neither is Bogut.

Having Depth is never a bad thing. Having Good players = Good depth is a great problem to have.

True. I still think that another team will pick up Gooden before Golden State, but if the guy is still unsigned in a week or two, I could see it happening.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though his agent might have something to say about Gooden coming to the Warriors as an act of philanthropy, if he's motivated to come back to the area and offer the home town discount, he might actually be able to contribute. At least more than RJ and Biedrins anyway. He'll be 32 this season, and if fully rehabilitated, should have a bit left in his legs and a lot to prove.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though his agent might have something to say about Gooden coming to the Warriors as an act of philanthropy, if he's motivated to come back to the area and offer the home town discount, he might actually be able to contribute. At least more than RJ and Biedrins anyway. He'll be 32 this season, and if fully rehabilitated, should have a bit left in his legs and a lot to prove.

Dennis you wingding, welcome to the board :clap:

I think Gooden has plenty of time to rest last year, and even though he's 32, he'll be a young 32, and could be the final piece we need to make a strong push for the top 3 spots in the West

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is this the same JODB who used to post in the Arsenal forum on ESPN? Not sure if this is you, but I enjoyed your posts on the futbol boards back there. I still follow Arsenal with a passion and hope that they can fight for some sort of silverware this season.

As for the threads on Miller and Gooden, I would rather pass on the both of them.

Here's our depth chart (not entirely accurate) for the upcoming season:

Golden State Warriors 2014 Depth Chart - ESPN

Replace Dwayne Jones with Jermaine O'Neal (who can play a backup 4 or 5) and replace Machado with Douglas and you already have a pretty solid team. I know Iggy can play as a PG/Point Forward when Curry is on the floor or as the backup PG when Curry needs a breather, but I would like another PG/SG who can create his own shot and penetrate. That's why I'm not as opposed to having Nedovic backup Curry this season. This kid may need to work on his jumper and may need to play more minutes in a Euro league to develop that shot, but by the looks of things this kid has the athleticism, penetration, and ball handling skills that could really help our team full of jump shooters big time. Due to this injury (which has prevented him from participating in the summer league in Vegas thus far), he probably will play in Europe but I'm just saying he would be a nice add on to the team. Nate Robinson is also a nice option but can we afford him? I heard the Knicks would bring him back for the veteran minimum.

JustOneDennisBergkamp

Gunner for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Yoshi, the one and same. When the notice went out about the ESPN Forums shutting down, most of us went over to a new board created by cruyff-turn. It's on ZetaBoards and can be found at: General Discussion

Interestingly enough, the ESPN FC (formerly Soccernet) forums never shut down and are still operational, but their supposedly "robust" new format that they forced on us a while back has been a joke, while the Zeta forum is great. The old forum is a ghost town now.

Cheers!

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure Drew Gooden has it anymore. I guess for a min salary ok but anything more I wouldn't.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump, 15th slot still open.

Gooden for the Vet minimum? I don't think he's signed with another team yet.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes Yoshi, the one and same. When the notice went out about the ESPN Forums shutting down, most of us went over to a new board created by cruyff-turn. It's on ZetaBoards and can be found at: General Discussion

Interestingly enough, the ESPN FC (formerly Soccernet) forums never shut down and are still operational, but their supposedly "robust" new format that they forced on us a while back has been a joke, while the Zeta forum is great. The old forum is a ghost town now.

Cheers!

Your Arsenal team is looking pretty damn impressive right now. The addition of Ozil has done wonders for the entire team.

The two biggest problems I see with the team are that their defense gets caught out too often on the break and they don't really have the depth to survive in the Premier League if they go deep into the Champions League, the FA Cup and the Carling (or whatever it's call now) Cup.

If Wenger can add another significant (read: Benzema?) striker and a defender in the January window, The Gunners could very well become a very dangerous team and end their trophy drought.

Now, back to hoops.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And for the record, if Gooden still has a desire to play, I would not mind seeing him wear the home colors. He's never been the most talented player on the floor in the NBA, but he has always given everything he's got.