• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Briere learn to steer

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the Kings fan, right? Are they even thinking about trading Bernier this summer?

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the Kings fan, right? Are they even thinking about trading Bernier this summer?

I don't think so. The team looks at Bernier as the goalie to save the team. They are betting that he is the goalie to take them to the promised land. I think they will start the year with Quick and finish with Bernier. They have been molding Bernier for 2-3 years to become the starter in LA. Held him in Jrs a year longer than he wanted and held him in AHL last year, even when they refused to play Ersberg and overplayed Quick. After the build up the Kings have been giving him to the fans over the last two years, if they traded him people would return their season tickets.

As for Quick, I think he is OK but not great. His save % was one of the worst in the league. The Kings defense limited shots, which is why they won games. I can't think of one game all year when I said, "Quick stole that one". The coaching staff has anointed him the starter for next season. However if a deal came for a veteran to teach Bernier the ropes then Quick could be gone as well. (unlikely)

Ersberg could be gone by Next Saturday (draft). He could be had cheap and some team may take him. He is a little small, but he is as servicable as Quick. Low cap hit for a year and low cost in trade. He will make some team a fine backup/stopgap for a year.

The Kings have a few goalies in the system that may pan out but this is not the year they will be moving any of them.

I have been wrong so many times that all this could be hogwash, but this is the feeling I get listening to the Kings staff talk about the team.