• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys; retard or genius??

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with retard.
He is just weird, and went off the deep end years ago.
He tried to keep up with the Beatles, but he just wasn't capable.
It fucked him up really.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta go both. He really did come out with some brilliant shit. He also came out with some absolutely drug-addled, rambling garbage. :noidea:

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call him a retard. If you knew anything about the abuse he took from his dad and the pressure he was under, it's no small miracle he is still with us today. He was also the victim of psychiatrist that over prescribed anti-depressents, etc.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't call him a retard. If you knew anything about the abuse he took from his dad and the pressure he was under, it's no small miracle he is still with us today. He was also the victim of psychiatrist that over prescribed anti-depressents, etc.

:agree:

Darth_Tom

a.k.a. theseeker88
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both. Retard outside of music, but in terms of music contribution, he is easily a genius. Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band album, considered to be the greatest rock album of all time, was an inspiration and an answer directly to The Beach Boys' album, Pet Sounds.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with retard.
It fucked him up really.
Brian was a genius but got screwed up on drugs. Paul McCartney called "Pet Sounds" the greatest album ever made.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
genius

was out a few years back touring with a bunch of super talented musicians doing SMiLE

i'd be fine (elated eve) with never hearing any of the stupid annette funicello beach party shit from the beach boys ever again.

but i have to listen to pet sounds and smile at least once a year. great full album listening experiences.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

music wise he was more than capable

inspired mccartney greatly in fact, with mccartney even saying that god only knows is the most beautiful song he's ever heard

he was already mentally fucked up, and his illness is what took him out of the game

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
music wise he was more than capable

inspired mccartney greatly in fact, with mccartney even saying that god only knows is the most beautiful song he's ever heard

he was already mentally fucked up, and his illness is what took him out of the game
He stopped touring with the group in 1966 and concentrated on music production. His illness kept him confined to bed.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, had to go back some to dig this one up :lol:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty amazing for how old he is and that it's 100% live. helps that the rest of the band is extraordinary.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of my favorites by the Beach Boys....

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going with retard.
It fucked him up really.

The Beach Boys music was awesome. Listen to the all the melodies and hooks. The instrument arrangements are a thing of beauty. Music art at it's finest. It's not about keeping up...it's about putting up your own sound and music. A+ Beach Boys.

By the way have you ever wrote a hit song? Just wondering because you are really out there pulling judgement cards on people.

You gonna start judging Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart next? He could really rock and had some problems with addiction. You gonna try and mess with him next?

Wow Man, I did'nt realize you are some kind of mind reader knowing what people are going through. Brian Wilson is a musical genius.

Look me up when you put up his numbers OK? Wow Man.

:suds::clap:

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
article-2606775-1D276E9000000578-224_634x749.jpg

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Beach Boys music was awesome. Listen to the all the melodies and hooks. The instrument arrangements are a thing of beauty. Music art at it's finest. It's not about keeping up...it's about putting up your own sound and music. A+ Beach Boys.

By the way have you ever wrote a hit song? Just wondering because you are really out there pulling judgement cards on people.

You gonna start judging Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart next? He could really rock and had some problems with addiction. You gonna try and mess with him next?

Wow Man, I did'nt realize you are some kind of mind reader knowing what people are going through. Brian Wilson is a musical genius.

Look me up when you put up his numbers OK? Wow Man.

:suds::clap:

So shame on him for judging but you get to do it all you want? Yeah, you sound like a real asshole.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I am a asshole. I try and stand up for people when I think someone is dragging them down the street with their bike and then backing up and running over his body.

I am a real asshole. I will take that . So who's next?

Wow

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys please send me your albums I am interested in your sound so I can make a judgement. Can you send me some pictures and did you live the dream? The Beach Boys were pioneers in music especially the Beach boy sound. One of a kind. Bravo !

I am out. I have had enough of this thread. I have other projects to work on instead of trying to talk to you dudes who rip him. Do you guys have a heart? The Beach Boys touched my soul so I guess that's all that matters. I can't waste anymore time here. I need a positive vibe right now.I wish he could put out more music . Man, he had it cooking and that sound was so beautiful. Sad he can't show his talent but his genius is still there inside of him. You don't know what's going on in peoples body's. Remember Awakenings With DeNiro and Robin Williams. His Character body was frozen almost but his mind was there. You just don't know where he is right now. He might be playing music in his mind and not want to be bugged right now. I miss his music. Later.

Once a genius always a genius. Rock On ! His mark is left for all to listen to. I feel like listening to a little Beach Boys. I hope some of you do too.