• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brian Waters done for season Triceps injury

Cej757

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spears & Huff was just released by the Ravens, any interest?

I would try to sign Huff at this point over Spears. I would release Jakar Hamilton and go with the veteran. Spears I think is done at this point. I would rather keep the young guys we just signed because Spears will probably get injured as soon as he signs.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I care. Wouldn't you rather make the playoffs than not make the playoffs? We may not be as good as those teams, but the Giants weren't the best team and neither where the Ravens. I certainly don't think there is a chance we could win a SB, but we definitely could win a 1st round game.

I think that's wrong, if we make the playoffs, then there is most definitely a chance we can win a SB. No matter how slim the chance.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're in a bind. We have needs at DT DE, S, RB, OG.....and we're at the halfway point

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on $'s, I would absolutely be interested in talking to both. We have obviously been looking for help at both spots

First off, I'm not sayiing it's a slam dunk. I'm saying I'd talk to both. we don't have a lot of cap space. We aren't exactly the deepest team in the league. A few options on who to cut. Was Waters put on IR yet? Arkin. Whichever DL we see as the most expendable if we bring in Spears. These guys have been good, but let's remember they really are just a collection of guys off the street. Some have worked out, but not all. Hamilton back to practice squad if we bring in a safety. If we like Hamilton that much McCray probably goes next year anyway. Love him on STs, but he isn't even our top guy there any more. All depends on how much our scouts like the available players and what they are willing to sign for.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just get there and see what happens. Seattle beat NO a few yrs back.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, I'm not sayiing it's a slam dunk. I'm saying I'd talk to both. we don't have a lot of cap space. We aren't exactly the deepest team in the league. A few options on who to cut. Was Waters put on IR yet? Arkin. Whichever DL we see as the most expendable if we bring in Spears. These guys have been good, but let's remember they really are just a collection of guys off the street. Some have worked out, but not all. Hamilton back to practice squad if we bring in a safety. If we like Hamilton that much McCray probably goes next year anyway. Love him on STs, but he isn't even our top guy there any more. All depends on how much our scouts like the available players and what they are willing to sign for.

Water's may not be done yet. Several people inside the front office are leaving it up to him to come back or not. As of now there is no plan to put him on IR. Team will ride it out as long as they can until they either need the spot or know that he is out for sure.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest jarnett, and I really mean this, but I have seen enough of this Jerry Jones act where it has sickened me to the point where I am considering therapy. I know I come from the spoiled era where the division was always a given every year, and it was just a matter of how far we would go. We didn't win it every year, but we were always knocking on the door.
Organizationally we are such a mess in the front office and upper management. The coaching staff from head to toe are nothing but has been's, behind the times, or just plain yes men orchestrated by the puppet master himself. After every game it should be the coach and a handful of players for interviews. You always see a Jerry Jones being interviewed constantly. The whole public relations regarding the team is horrendous.
The way we go about building a team IMO is way off the mark. For years we always built through the draft focusing on not just on ability and talent, by whits, character and scappyness. WE have gotton way away from that, because of impatience and all or nothing approached to winning now. Way too many free agents and rejects from other roster's over the years.
I also believe we spend way too much money on the skilled positions. The reasons why we lose games like last week and others like that over the years is because WE DON'T CONTROL THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE ON EITHER SIDE OF THE BALL. This, as a dallas fan is where I believe we are missing the boat.
I have to play fantasy football, handicap and make money on the side to keep me going sometimes and get through the season.
And yes I would love and it would be great if we made the playoffs. But we will be 1 and done.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are working Travis at guard. Guess we are testing that with Costa back at center?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest jarnett, and I really mean this, but I have seen enough of this Jerry Jones act where it has sickened me to the point where I am considering therapy. I know I come from the spoiled era where the division was always a given every year, and it was just a matter of how far we would go. We didn't win it every year, but we were always knocking on the door.
Organizationally we are such a mess in the front office and upper management. The coaching staff from head to toe are nothing but has been's, behind the times, or just plain yes men orchestrated by the puppet master himself. After every game it should be the coach and a handful of players for interviews. You always see a Jerry Jones being interviewed constantly. The whole public relations regarding the team is horrendous.
The way we go about building a team IMO is way off the mark. For years we always built through the draft focusing on not just on ability and talent, by whits, character and scappyness. WE have gotton way away from that, because of impatience and all or nothing approached to winning now. Way too many free agents and rejects from other roster's over the years.
I also believe we spend way too much money on the skilled positions. The reasons why we lose games like last week and others like that over the years is because WE DON'T CONTROL THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE ON EITHER SIDE OF THE BALL. This, as a dallas fan is where I believe we are missing the boat.
I have to play fantasy football, handicap and make money on the side to keep me going sometimes and get through the season.
And yes I would love and it would be great if we made the playoffs. But we will be 1 and done.

The only thing I disagree with there is that I think the last few years we are back to building through the draft more and our drafts have been good lately. There will always be some FAs signed to augment that and to improve your team and especially if you go BPA, because then by definition you aren't necessarily filling your biggest needs through the draft so you need to sign someone. The problem was that the horses were already out of the barn with the commitments we made against the cap with certain players. Every time the discussion comes up I stress that just because you were able to get under the cap doesn't mean you don't have a cap problem. We push the dead money out and make it a long term problem instead of a short term one and ensure we will have future cap problems in addition to current year ones. Yet some act as if that is shrewd cap management when it is nothing more than sacrificing the future for a mediocre present. But, no one agrees because "we got under the cap".

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dito. This year's team should have better pieces around it and making a legitament run right now. We should be in better shape cap wise. Jerry has set his team way back over the years. Quincy carter for instance, that set us back 5 years. We've talked about this before, not just you and I, but many others in here. And its just not the Quincy Carter pick, the draft choices for Roy Williams, etc. You don't think for 1 minute the moves, trades and decisions Jerry has made over the years has not affected the position we are in right now. Come on, I know you are way smarter than that. Those are just a few transactions that have killed us over the years, there are a lot more and you already know who and when they were. For a short time I thought Parcells was on the right track, then we lost Sean Peyton, brought in the cancer Terrell Owens, then Parcells left because of Jerry. What did we get out of that? When are we going to stop kidding ourselves. This man has single handedly destroyed everything that represents Cowboy football tradition and respectability. Now its reported today that Jerry is going to make more sideline trips during the game. Haven't we seen this act before. PLEASE. In 29 years I never saw Clint Murchinson on the sideline or doing pre-game and post game interviews. Landry handled all PR matters. I only recall Murchinson on t.v. twice in all the years I followed the Cowboys, the trophy presentation after super bowls VI and XII, and that's it. I'm so embarrassed, frustrated and ashamed he is our owner. Thanks Jerry, you have taken a once very rich, proud and traditional franchise and turned it in the one of the laughing stalk cades of the NFL. I here It everyday here living in New England every time we lose.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the drafts are getting better in the last few years. Didn't say there weren't poor decisions in the past or even recent past. Just that we seemed to be turning that one all important corner.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the drafts are getting better in the last few years. Didn't say there weren't poor decisions in the past or even recent past. Just that we seemed to be turning that one all important corner.
yeah. I liked this years draft a lot. (minus one pick)
If we can do that again next draft I will really like the direction we are going.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team, RIGHT NOW, should be in a better position today. Like I said before, the Roy Williams trade for draft picks set us back. We should have better pieces right now with the decent pieces we already have.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: