• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breanna Stewart calls out NCAA

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one I linked was 7-0. I wouldn’t be ok with getting blown the fuck out when I’m supposed to be getting into a competitive mindset. Have you heard about the Jordan vs Magic scrimmage before the Dream Team olympics? Pretty sure they didn’t just dog it letting people score at will.
my work computer doesnt allow me to follow a lot of links and tweets.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in Des Moines when Iowa State Women were playing Missouri State in the Round of 32, and I couldn't watch the game. That sucked.

What round is that again? I looked high and low and couldn't find a "Round of 32" on any of the brackets.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Zions high school team decent or were they champs? you said any decent team, decent teams dont win regional/district/league/ state championships.

6'7 220lbs? thats a tall skinny dude. zion is like 280.
also you do know that shorter players can beat taller players right?
like Oregon didnt have a player as tall as Miss States tallest and they still won.
Duke beat UCF with Fall and no player within 5 inches of him.
Not when the taller players are stronger, faster and younger. I used 6’7” and 220 just to show you that even a lighter kid would dominate women who are on average 6 feet or less. Your ecxampkes of men playing men above to illustrate your point that shorter women can beat men is ridiculous. Any good High School boys team would dominate a WNBA team; no question

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not the same game but that doesnt mean it isnt good.
High school football, College football, NFL, Canadian, Arena, Australian rules. all different all similar all good.
No; not even close. Thus the media and the fans complete disregard for the sports you mentioned

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not when the taller players are stronger, faster and younger. I used 6’7” and 220 just to show you that even a lighter kid would dominate women who are on average 6 feet or less. Your ecxampkes of men playing men above to illustrate your point that shorter women can beat men is ridiculous. Any good High School boys team would dominate a WNBA team; no question
using the word dominate brings question.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
using the word dominate brings question.
Name one player in the WBNA who can stay with a 6’7” 220 lb kid with skills and hops.........I’ll save you some time, there isn’t one

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If any WNBA player could make an NBA roster, they’d be on one

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No; not even close. Thus the media and the fans complete disregard for the sports you mentioned
I can find any of those on tv at any time during their respective seasons short of Australian rules football. but even still the grand final had 100,000 in attendance.
for reference Super bowl had 70,000
Canadian championship was at capacity this past year.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name one player in the WBNA who can stay with a 6’7” 220 lb kid with skills and hops.........I’ll save you some time, there isn’t one
If you dont think Breanna Stewart, Sylvia Fowles or Elena Donne couldnt play with a good high school kid the discussion is over because you clearly know nothing of the game.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how come no one has brought up baseball and softball? if we gonna bring up chess for some reason and soccer why not other sports?
is it because of those times Jenny Finch struck out Alex Rodriguez, Albert Pujols and Barry Bonds?
and Kirsten Verdun struck out Vinny Castilla?

but i guess that would be against the argument here.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how come no one has brought up baseball and softball? if we gonna bring up chess for some reason and soccer why not other sports?
is it because of those times Jenny Finch struck out Alex Rodriguez, Albert Pujols and Barry Bonds?

Put them on a baseball diamond.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can find any of those on tv at any time during their respective seasons short of Australian rules football. but even still the grand final had 100,000 in attendance.
for reference Super bowl had 70,000
Canadian championship was at capacity this past year.
Then why is Brianna Stewart mewling about not getting any attention. No one, I mean no one, watches that shit in America.........unless he/she is completely without a life.
Don't make me laugh about your "Super Bowl had 70,000" nonsense. It probably had half a billion viewers throughout the world.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you dont think Breanna Stewart, Sylvia Fowles or Elena Donne couldnt play with a good high school kid the discussion is over because you clearly know nothing of the game.
They would absolutely get crushed. They'd be maybe able to get a shot or two off but they can't dunk, they can't go to the hole, they can't jump, they are slower than shit.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
false. thats not how this works.
So you think NBA teams would not bring the best players it can because of their sex? Sports teams bring in wife beaters, drug abusers, and suspected murderers without much problems. You think a pair of breasts is where they would draw the line?

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Women's game is actually more fun to watch because they tend to play more 'team' basketball. The officials in women's BB tend to call a much better game and don't get intimidated by some 19 year old that might be the #1 pick in the NBA draft.

Half of the PGs in college 'palm' the ball and 90% of players 'travel' when they drive to the ring. I always coached my kids to lay up from the block and that they were allowed one step, not three like LeBron.
They call a better game because the game is so much slower, they can keep up. Also, its a bit tougher to lay the ball up when someone with a 7 foot wing span that can jump out of the gym is ready to obliterate your shot if you dont take it hard to the rim. Finally, it was never one step....

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They call a better game because the game is so much slower, they can keep up. Also, its a bit tougher to lay the ball up when someone with a 7 foot wing span that can jump out of the gym is ready to obliterate your shot if you dont take it hard to the rim. Finally, it was never one step....

It wasn’t never 2 steps until the nba in 2009

It still isn’t 2 steps in the sub nba rule book

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why is Brianna Stewart mewling about not getting any attention. No one, I mean no one, watches that shit in America.........unless he/she is completely without a life.
Don't make me laugh about your "Super Bowl had 70,000" nonsense. It probably had half a billion viewers throughout the world.
did you lose track of it? she was complaining that March Madness is non gender specific and while it is used to talk about both mens and womens the twitter handle is specific to mens.
Oregon Miss state had 11000+ in attendance. people watch.
last years national championship game was over capacity 19000+. people watch.
2017 same story. people watch.
just because you don't doesn't mean others don't.
as for having a life, I've watched while also working regular hours, and on call for my job. going out to dinner. hanging out with GF and friends alike. and watching mens games. so yeah, can do both.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think NBA teams would not bring the best players it can because of their sex? Sports teams bring in wife beaters, drug abusers, and suspected murderers without much problems. You think a pair of breasts is where they would draw the line?
we werent talking about women and the NBA we were talking about highschoolers playing with WNBA players. changing the ? changes the argument.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take WNBA all stars over any HS boys team.
not over mens college team tho.
Plenty of people watch it. just because you have issues with it threatening your masculinity to enjoy it for what it is and admit there are good players. who are fast and strong and good athletes. doesn't mean it isnt good.

They did, they were called the silver mustangs. An all star team of womens softball players who toured the country playing community colleges and d3 schools. They got their ass wiped and never won a game. I saw one game against mankato state where mankato state won 27-2, mercy rule enacted.