• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BREAKING: TOM BRADY SUSPENDED!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously ????....If that was the Ravens, you'd be screaming "get a rope"....
I really don't think it's that big of a deal as far as advantage but it is by rule cheating and then he refused to man up and keeps denying any wrong....Guess what, no one except Pats fans believe him and some of them don't..
He's ran out of escapes now, has to pay the piper...Get it over with, even I am tired of cracking on this one...
Well maybe a little more !! :heh:

View attachment 112325
Look I'm not saying it's not against the rules. The punishment doesn't match the crime is all. If Goodell had just handed down the 25k punishment none of us would still be talking about this. Not Rogers fault totally as he was pressured by some owners. Just doing his job. Plus being an ego maniac didn't help.
If TB decides to file a defamation case I think the NFL gets beat up pretty bad. Regardless if TB did or didn't have anything to do with deflating those balls. EVERYTHING is on the table then. That's a big can of worms the NFL may not want opened? IMHO the NFL would have a lot more to lose. TB will already been seen as a cheater so what xan he lose beside money? The NFL takes a chance of being exposed for all kinds of nonesense/cover ups...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just the hard-core haters. You can decide who belongs in that group.

I'm afraid the number of people who realize what a great QB Brady is and how little this farce has to do with the "integrity" and competitiveness of the game has grown and grown as time goes on. After the Patriots still won the Superbowl, after Brady and the Team still continue to play at a high level after "deflategate" more realize what a joke the whole thing is.. How many times can he continue to be called "one of the greatest of all time".. LOL.

Still enjoying your championship team? :D

But can they repeat? Why, the last team to do that was... The New England Patriots! ;)
Pats haters be like but just wait and see the Pats fumble rate go up. Even playing 5th string RBs that didn't happen last year. :eek:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer,

Have to leave for now. Heading home to do something with my wife. Today is our Anniversary.

32 years.

I'll be back to debate you at a later date.

Love this site, by the way.
Have fun, but try to keep her quiet, you don't want the neighbors calling the cops on you.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats haters be like but just wait and see the Pats fumble rate go up. Even playing 5th string RBs that didn't happen last year. :eek:

Yeah that was pretty funny. Thank god for Brandon Lafell and the increased drops or else they'd have nothing.
Certainly deflated footballs didn't look like much of anything with the Patriots last season.

To me Mike Tomlin and the headset debacle in the season opener showed a lot of people how stupid this whole thing had become.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt it. Opinions have already been formed and won't change because of this. Those who think he's one of the best of all time will continue to think so.

Those that don't like him don't need another reason.

I don't think it will do much to his overall legacy. That is pretty unshakeable in my opinion. But it will be one of those annoying little things that gets mentioned whenever some biography is done on Brady. Or whenever one of those TV specials on his career get done (like A Football Life). It will be mentioned just often enough to piss off Brady fans whenever they hear it.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer,

Have to leave for now. Heading home to do something with my wife. Today is our Anniversary.

32 years.

I'll be back to debate you at a later date.

Love this site, by the way.

32 years, well done.

I'm heading to 39 hitched, 44 since the summer before Grade 12 when it all started.

She's wise to me though, doesn't expect shit from me on those "special" days...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
32 years, well done.

I'm heading to 39 hitched, 44 since the summer before Grade 12 when it all started.

She's wise to me though, doesn't expect shit from me on those "special" days...
39 years with you? She should be nominated for sainthood, lol. I feel like a rookie around here. The wife and I are going on 23 in October.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it will do much to his overall legacy. That is pretty unshakeable in my opinion. But it will be one of those annoying little things that gets mentioned whenever some biography is done on Brady. Or whenever one of those TV specials on his career get done (like A Football Life). It will be mentioned just often enough to piss off Brady fans whenever they hear it.

It will depend on the special. They have too many achievements for it to dominate the discussion. Think of the Oakland Raiders of the 80's and Detriot's NBA bad boys. Even the Celtics under Red Auerbach who many hated as much as they now hate Belichick.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look I'm not saying it's not against the rules. The punishment doesn't match the crime is all. If Goodell had just handed down the 25k punishment none of us would still be talking about this. Not Rogers fault totally as he was pressured by some owners. Just doing his job. Plus being an ego maniac didn't help.
If TB decides to file a defamation case I think the NFL gets beat up pretty bad. Regardless if TB did or didn't have anything to do with deflating those balls. EVERYTHING is on the table then. That's a big can of worms the NFL may not want opened? IMHO the NFL would have a lot more to lose. TB will already been seen as a cheater so what xan he lose beside money? The NFL takes a chance of being exposed for all kinds of nonesense/cover ups...

If that was the first offense I'd agree, I think though because of Spygate and all the complaints of the visitors sound systems going out at home games along with pushing the rule book with play formations..
Thay just finally had enough and lowered the boom...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that was the first offense I'd agree, I think though because of Spygate and all the complaints of the visitors sound systems going out at home games along with pushing the rule book with play formations..
Thay just finally had enough and lowered the boom...
Those would be team offenses. TB didn't have anything to do with that. I already addressed this on another post. If Goodell felt that strongly slam Kraft and BB more than he did. He went after the easier target with an unprecedented punishment.
The next time Harbaugh gets an unsportsman like for cussing out the refs and delaying the game should the NFL punish him harder because of what Ray & Ray did/accused of? That would be the same thing wouldn't it?

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those would be team offenses. TB didn't have anything to do with that. I already addressed this on another post. If Goodell felt that strongly slam Kraft and BB more than he did. He went after the easier target with an unprecedented punishment.
The next time Harbaugh gets an unsportsman like for cussing out the refs and delaying the game should the NFL punish him harder because of what Ray & Ray did/accused of? That would be the same thing wouldn't it?

No but I understand your frustration....Difference maybe, I would want to fire Joe if he was causing this much trouble for our team, and you know I'm a Joe Cool fan big time....And C'mon man you don't think Brady knew anything about Spygate tactics, sound system tampering, deflating footballs, and borderline illegal plays ???
Of course he did...
Truth is, I think Garrop is gonna do a good job with all the talent around him and spell the end for Brady anyway....If BB thinks he can win without him, oh he's gone, loyalty is a curse word to him...:dhd:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but I understand your frustration....Difference maybe, I would want to fire Joe if he was causing this much trouble for our team, and you know I'm a Joe Cool fan big time....And C'mon man you don't think Brady knew anything about Spygate tactics, sound system tampering, deflating footballs, and borderline illegal plays ???
Of course he did...
Truth is, I think Garrop is gonna do a good job with all the talent around him and spell the end for Br.y anyway....If BB thinks he can win without him, oh he's gone, loyalty is a curse word to him...:dhd:
Well I may if any of those accusations were founded? Filming wasn't and still isn't illegal. Filming from a certain location and snubbing the commish are. Do you really think Brady cared what location the film/picks came from? Do you really think BB was running around the locker room snickering about how he snubbed Roger and filmed from the unaurhorized spot? Even if he did what was TB supposed to do?
The head set stuff is crap. It happens in the majority of stadiums and is only an issue when it has to do with NE amazingly home or away. The NFL said it was there fault. Let it go.
Just like borderline illegal plays. They were legal. Give it a rest.
I understand the hatred by many because BB plays chess while others play checkers. Sucks to be good at checkers only.
OBTW the accusations of searching locker rooms and hotels is smart. Not illegal. If you're dumb enough to leave play books, tablets, strategies around for your opponents shame on you. If this was the case and others knew the game of chess why not play a little deception on NE and leave some false info laying around? If it was a concern that's exactly what BB would do. He'd likely wallpaper the entire locker room with bogus plays just to piss people off.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"but but but, there is no video evidence of the balls being deflated.....case closed"

Brady apologists

"Where's the evidence?"

Give them the "compelling, if not overwhelming evidence." [verbatim quote from a United States federal fucking JUDGE].

"No, I want proof!"