• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

breaking news: aroid drops lawsuits

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had nothing. It was all a pathetic bluff.

sallynemo

whole lotta shaking
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess the 'roids didn't kill all of his brain cells after all

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Rodriguez Voluntarily Dismisses Lawsuit Challenging Suspension

By Jeff Todd [February 7 at 4:04pm CST]
Alex Rodriguez has voluntarily dismissed his lawsuit against MLB, the Commissioner's office, and the MLBPA, tweets Jim Baumbach of Newsday. Though the suit can be refiled, Rodriguez's decision likely indicates that he will no longer contest his suspension for all of next season.

Rodriguez had filed the lawsuit to challenge the arbitrator's decision to uphold most of the term of his suspension for using prohibited performance enhancing drugs. Though the Yankees will be without their everyday third baseman, the club will now definitively be off of the hook for the $25MM they owed him for 2014. The 38-year-old still is owed $61MM over 2015-17, in addition to $6MM bonuses for home run milestones begining with number 660.

Though Rodriguez had vowed to fight to the bitter end, there is no question that his legal case stood little chance of success. (Today was the deadline for his team to respond to the motions to dismiss the action.) If indeed this proves the end of Rodriguez's efforts to overturn his suspension, it could also be the final chapter in the Biogenesis saga.

I guess he finally realized there was no way out for him & he would be better off by saving the millions in lawyer fees.

Nyfan1980

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye bye A-Rod. We will never have to see him play in the MLB again, hes done. The Yankees will eat the money after this year and release him. No other team will sign him.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

i remember all of the people on here who tried saying he had a "strong case."

it was a PR stunt, nothing more. no way he would ever put himself in a position to be deposed and/or be called as a sworn witness.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. Now let's get rid of Ryan Braun.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. Now let's get rid of Ryan Braun.

braun accepted the suspension, and looks squeaky clean thanks to the pay-wad media circus.

i was actually glad to see him beat MLB a couple years back, which is incredibly hypocritical and corrupt regarding PED.

part of me would've been happy if a-fraud had beaten MLB, too.

a-wad's situation was a win-win for me.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had nothing. It was all a pathetic bluff.

He knew he had been busted and it would cost him another 10 million dollars to go through with the law suite in addition to not getting paid and the bottom line is that the major league sports teams are not subject to the standard labor laws or anti-monopoly laws - HE HAD ZERO AND NO PRECEDENT PERIOD

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

it was a PR stunt, nothing more. no way he would ever put himself in a position to be deposed and/or be called as a sworn witness.

If he really thought he had a "strong case" - then he's doing other drugs also - He didn't have a prayer of a chance - the MLB is not subject to the courts and ordinary laws and all players through the collective bargaining agreement have signed off that they will submit to the arbitration phase. He had zero

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

he's a typical crook who always screams " wait till my day in court and you'll hear the truth". Until it's time for that day and they run - they're all alike. Just think , there are some out there who're surprised by this. Next up he gets to face being blackballed just like Bonds and be forced out of the game. He will reach some kind of buyout deal with the Yanks in the next 12 months and then it's over for good. The day cant come soon enough.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aroid is guilty no doubt, but the 162 suspension is selig's vindictive revenge too. best he just take it and try to play again somewhere next year.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
braun accepted the suspension, and looks squeaky clean thanks to the pay-wad media circus.

i was actually glad to see him beat MLB a couple years back, which is incredibly hypocritical and corrupt regarding PED.

part of me would've been happy if a-fraud had beaten MLB, too.

a-wad's situation was a win-win for me.

You must REALLY hate MLB to pull for those two creeps. I actually dislike Ryan Braun more than A-Rod. What he did was waaaay worse.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a special place in place in fictional hell for people like Braun. A-Roid is just a sociopath that just thinks of himself, Braun is far worse. Anyone who is or was pulling for him after the truth came out, has look in the mirror & wonder what is wrong themselves.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a special place in place in fictional hell for people like Braun. A-Roid is just a sociopath that just thinks of himself, Braun is far worse. Anyone who is or was pulling for him after the truth came out, has look in the mirror & wonder what is wrong themselves.

Ryan Braun must be terrified of the prospect of life after baseball because he sold his soul for one more try. He can't fail now and he has no reputation left to protect so he WILL be juicing, just ALLOT more carefully this time. He knows what got him numbers and he knows what got him caught. If MLB doesn't test him before, during and after games, he'll get away with it and put up respectable numbers. Anyone who thinks this creep intends to play clean is delusional.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braun is pretty well established as a career PED user. There are ties dating all the way back to his university of Miami days to PED(s). His production in the MLB/minors is a product of that. It will be interesting to see how his numbers drop off this season. And when they do, I wonder how long before he starts using again.

And for the record, I think A-Roid has used since high school as well. They both come from the same general area(Miami).

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet this forum is full of sanctimonious baseball fans who get outraged when you question whether Caribbean-born phenoms are using. Players who are crushing numbers put up by known roiders. :L The only answer is in-game testing. As in, as the batter heads to the on-deck circle, draw a drop of blood. That's the price they pay for cheating in the past.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Braun must be terrified of the prospect of life after baseball because he sold his soul for one more try. He can't fail now and he has no reputation left to protect so he WILL be juicing, just ALLOT more carefully this time. He knows what got him numbers and he knows what got him caught. If MLB doesn't test him before, during and after games, he'll get away with it and put up respectable numbers. Anyone who thinks this creep intends to play clean is delusional.

I agree with both of you. Braun is a bum to be sure and has no confidence in his ability to compete w/out this crap. He's a cheater of the highest order , a proven one , and this will not stop him. The sooner he's gone the better. Side note : ARod is certainly no fave among players or anyone else. That said , I read a few months ago a story about what players think of Braun. The outright hatred of this guy in the game was surprising to me. Players hate this guy and wanted him to go down more than anyone. He's fooled no one evidently.