• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Breaking Bad

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally finished watching the last season. Wow, what a finish! The ending was immeasurably better than the finale to the Soprano's. To be honest this might be one of the few shows that actually ended with their best season yet.

It does seem possible that Walt could have survived seeing as he only got shot once (given it was a huge gun) probably in the intestine. The police were already there and he couldn't have gotten away had he stayed conscious meaning the EMTs would be there pretty quickly.

You have to admit everything from the train heist to engineering the gun turret were pretty damn clever. This show had some great writers and didn't shy away from things getting really dark at the end.

I would have never believed Bryan Cranston could do that great of a job for a series like this after seeing him being the father in Malcolm In The Middle for so many years. He was hilarious in that series but great in a whole different kind of way.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoiler alert for those who haven't seen it... but why would you read this whole damn thread if you haven't ?

Yup. A masterpiece right down to the last line where Jesse tosses down the gun and tells Walt to do it himself.

whoops , forgot about Walt's goodbye to Lydia. That was pretty cool too.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really hoping/thinking Flynn would have died in one of the last few episodes. Maybe at the hands of home invaders while saving his baby sister. Not because I didn't like that character, but because it would have been an emotional shocker, far moreso than Hank dying.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really hoping/thinking Flynn would have died in one of the last few episodes. Maybe at the hands of home invaders while saving his baby sister. Not because I didn't like that character, but because it would have been an emotional shocker, far moreso than Hank dying.

The phone call he had with Flynn while at school was still pretty good. Walt had dealt with the underworld for so long that he couldn't come to terms with the fact that his money couldn't buy his family's forgiveness. If he kept carrying on in New Hampshire like that he was just going to die in a cabin in the middle of nowhere with a barrel full of cash all alone. Walt's ego was just too big at that point to let that happen.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would have just been weird in my opinion.

Kill off the handicapped character? More shocking is killing off a character of power.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was some speculation that his family being killed would be one of the finale plot twists. But Flynn was a very minor character. His only purpose was to provide Walt with a motive imo. He just didn't figure into many story lines. Tbh, it took me a second to realize that's who he was referring to. I'd forgotten his name.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm currently on episode 8 of season two. Definitely enjoying it. Without spoiling it, around what season does Saul start appearing?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm currently on episode 8 of season two. Definitely enjoying it. Without spoiling it, around what season does Saul start appearing?
Badger (big doofus friend of Pinkmans) gets busted somewhere in Season 2. Walt and Jesse hire Saul.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Badger (big doofus friend of Pinkmans) gets busted somewhere in Season 2. Walt and Jesse hire Saul.

Thanks. That makes sense, just haven't gotten quite that far yet I suppose. I just finished the episode where Hank got transferred to El Paso and they're all thinking that he's a joke and then Danny Trejo's head on a turtle explodes, killing and maiming all the DEA guys except for him.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. That makes sense, just haven't gotten quite that far yet I suppose. I just finished the episode where Hank got transferred to El Paso and they're all thinking that he's a joke and then Danny Trejo's head on a turtle explodes, killing and maiming all the DEA guys except for him.
You've got to be getting close.

I'm re-watching right now via DVR off Sundance. Only thru Episode 5 so far. This is round three for me. Liking it even more this go round

Did you watch Season One of Better Call Saul last year?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've got to be getting close.

I'm re-watching right now via DVR off Sundance. Only thru Episode 5 so far. This is round three for me. Liking it even more this go round

Did you watch Season One of Better Call Saul last year?

Nah, sure didn't. I figured that I probably had to have some background on the character before I start on that. Is it worth watching after Breaking Bad?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, sure didn't. I figured that I probably had to have some background on the character before I start on that. Is it worth watching after Breaking Bad?
If you like BB. And if you like the Saul character at all. Or have any interest in his back story. (Mike being even better. I don't think you've met him on BB yet either.). You'll like the show. (Did you like Conan right after he took over for Dave?)

You have a month to finish BB, then watch Season 1 of Saul, then season two airs. Lol.

I love the show. Really looking forward to new episodes.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you like BB. And if you like the Saul character at all. Or have any interest in his back story. (Mike being even better. I don't think you've met him on BB yet either.). You'll like the show. (Did you like Conan right after he took over for Dave?)

You have a month to finish BB, then watch Season 1 of Saul, then season two airs. Lol.

I love the show. Really looking forward to new episodes.

Nah haven't met Mike yet. Right now, Jesse is going along with Walt's idea to let everyone think he dropped the Atm on the guy's head that messed with Skinny Pete, when Patty the hooker (from My Name is Earl) really did it. Yeah, I did like early Conan back in the early to mid 90s. Sadly I don't think I can get through all 51 episodes of Breaking Bad plus season one of better call Saul in time for season two. That's something I probably won't get fully caught up on until the summer when absolutely nothing comes on.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah haven't met Mike yet. Right now, Jesse is going along with Walt's idea to let everyone think he dropped the Atm on the guy's head that messed with Skinny Pete, when Patty the hooker (from My Name is Earl) really did it. Yeah, I did like early Conan back in the early to mid 90s. Sadly I don't think I can get through all 51 episodes of Breaking Bad plus season one of better call Saul in time for season two. That's something I probably won't get fully caught up on until the summer when absolutely nothing comes on.
Bob Odenkirk (Saul) was a writer for Late Night at the beginning.

Is it Patty or Wendy? Or are there several hookers that get names? Lol. (You mean the girl from Ringmaster: Jerry Springer movie? ).

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did not read any of this cause I am going to watch it too. Have not seen a single episode but, nearly everyone I know that has watched it says it is one of the best series they have ever seen. Just started "The Man in the High Castle" and it is damn good. As soon as I am caught up will start with breaking bad.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Odenkirk (Saul) was a writer for Late Night at the beginning.

Is it Patty or Wendy? Or are there several hookers that get names? Lol. (You mean the girl from Ringmaster: Jerry Springer movie? ).

Not sure about the Jerry Springer movie but if you're familiar with the old show My Name is Earl, she was the woman that played Patty the hooker.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did not read any of this cause I am going to watch it too. Have not seen a single episode but, nearly everyone I know that has watched it says it is one of the best series they have ever seen. Just started "The Man in the High Castle" and it is damn good. As soon as I am caught up will start with breaking bad.

Was a great book, and I am enjoying the series so far as well

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It starts off kind of silly but gain's momentum. From like season 3 on, it's just great. A lot of series fade in their last season but Breaking Bad had a great ending.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have three episodes left of season two. I definitely enjoyed the debut of Saul. Walt is definitely snapping at the point that I'm at.