• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Braylon Edwards

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I really thought at some point in the season he would become the #1 WR.
Perhaps even have better stats than Vernon, on a week to week basis.

We is he not producing? Is he just the 3rd or 4th read? Is it the injury he had during the season? If anything Crabtree missed more practice time during camp Alex.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really thought at some point in the season he would become the #1 WR.
Perhaps even have better stats than Vernon, on a week to week basis.

We is he not producing? Is he just the 3rd or 4th read? Is it the injury he had during the season? If anything Crabtree missed more practice time during camp Alex.

He hasn't recovered yet. He's not as explosive and doesn't trust the knee yet all that much and it shows when he's running out there on the field.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is his knee injury, it seems like they might have rushed him back and he is still playing with a gimpy knee. Hopefully he gets going full speed by the playoffs.

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Not sure how his knee affected his fingers, through which the ball (well placed) sailed. In fact, of 4 targets, Edwards caught none of them.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He seems preoccupied with the knee and his focus is suffering. He's never had great consistency catching the ball - though last year he cut way down on drops - but lately it's seemed really bad. In his first game and a half, he was clearly the top choice in the passing game. Since coming back, he's struggled. He can get it back. I wonder if we should just let him sit for a couple weeks to gear up for the playoffs.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He seems preoccupied with the knee and his focus is suffering. He's never had great consistency catching the ball - though last year he cut way down on drops - but lately it's seemed really bad. In his first game and a half, he was clearly the top choice in the passing game. Since coming back, he's struggled. He can get it back. I wonder if we should just let him sit for a couple weeks to gear up for the playoffs.

How about just play him a limited number of snaps each game?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I would sit him until week 15. Allow him to work his way till the playoffs. You can't just expect him to go straight to the playoffs without rubbing off some dust and building some sort of chemistry with Alex. He would need the extra weeks 15,16,17, and then the bye week in order to regain his old form.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He hasn't recovered yet. He's not as explosive and doesn't trust the knee yet all that much and it shows when he's running out there on the field.

His hands are really suspect as well. He'll make some great catches and then drop some really easy ones in critical situations like he did on three occasions yesterday.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My suspicion is that we'll see around 100 yds between Crabtree and Braylon per game and it will toggle back and forth on who gets the lion share.

If one gets on he'll be targeted that game. Braylon will have some games where he'll disappear like yesterday, but I'm optimistic he'll put up some "wow" games after getting fully recovered and back on the same page.

On a side note I hope Williams keeps stepping up because he did good things yesterday.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How about just play him a limited number of snaps each game?

Yeah, that works. I'd still have him practicing, at least in a limited role. But take it easy on him in the games until he's 100%.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think it's part injury and part just building up that repertoire with Smith.

One of the victims of the lockout is Smith lost valuable time working with his weapons that he would've had with OTAs etc and we're just starting to see him get in a groove with guys like Crabtree and maybe now Williams.

So I think as the season goes on the connection will be much better assuming he stays healthy.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I saw good signs from yesterday even though it was ugly. Can't just turn on the passing game after hiding it so long. They need to just keep with this and eventually it may actually become another weapon.

I like how the ball is being spread around. Makes it harder to defend than if they were just targeting VD for instance. Braylon should start doing some damage against 1 on 1 coverage and if a Braylon red zone/3rd down connection ever comes to be then this team takes another big step forward against better teams.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm gonna beat Sick to this one and state you're looking for the word rapport.

;)

Bah you're right, wasn't paying attention when I let Firefox spellcheck it for me :)