• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Braves are a Classy team

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cox is the best, no question.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impressive. Lowe was right though, that 2-0 pitch with Timmy on deck was too good.

It was definitely too good of pitch, especially when he knew that Ross would be looking to expand his strike zone. That said, it's tough not to take that bait and say "I got the grounder I wanted". You are right though, that pitch was a borderline strike and that's way too close for that scenario.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It was definitely too good of pitch, especially when he knew that Ross would be looking to expand his strike zone. That said, it's tough not to take that bait and say "I got the grounder I wanted". You are right though, that pitch was a borderline strike and that's way too close for that scenario.

Sure. I give him lots of credit for not going that route. You know Armando would be saying, "I did my job".

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. I give him lots of credit for not going that route. You know Armando would be saying, "I did my job".

Fuck, reading "I did my job" just gave me a terrible flash back. Man did I ever hate Benitez. That seriously brought me back for a second, lol

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
btw, here is the 2-0 pitch to Ross - pretty good pitch to pull:

numlocation.php

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fuck, reading "I did my job" just gave me a terrible flash back. Man did I ever hate Benitez. That seriously brought me back for a second, lol

He didn't last long after that did he?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't last long after that did he?

Not much iirc. I think he got traded back to the Marlins or something with the Giants picking up a large portion of the tab.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much iirc. I think he got traded back to the Marlins or something with the Giants picking up a large portion of the tab.

I wonder if we can afford to get rid of Rowand and/or Zito the same way? The money is gone, so eat a bunch of it and get them outta there?

I guess if you're spending the dough Rowand is a reasonable 4th OF and Zito a 5th starter, so unless they are blocking someone else maybe we just keep 'em.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if we can afford to get rid of Rowand and/or Zito the same way? The money is gone, so eat a bunch of it and get them outta there?

I wouldn't mind taking that option with Rowand. I mean the guy didn't even play the second half of the season, so you might as well give up that roster spot to a bench player that can actually help.

However, I'd hang on to Zito if you're going to pick up most of the tab anyway. He's still a very good 4th Starter in this league and can eat some innings. Zito at least still provides good value in my humble opinion.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I guess if you're spending the dough Rowand is a reasonable 4th OF and Zito a 5th starter, so unless they are blocking someone else maybe we just keep 'em.

Zito is still serviceable if he's your #4 or #5. It's not like he's a bad clubhouse guy, or has to "bounce back" to mediocrity. Rowand on the other hand needs to have a comeback year just to come close to league average. Of the two, he's the one I would move.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind taking that option with Rowand. I mean the guy didn't even play the second half of the season, so you might as well give up that roster spot to a bench player that can actually help.

However, I'd hang on to Zito if you're going to pick up most of the tab anyway. He's still a very good 4th Starter in this league and can eat some innings. Zito at least still provides good value in my humble opinion.

On our team currently Zito's the 5th starter, but I agree if you're spending the money he has value as a 4/5. Who else ya want, Wellie?

That said, if we don't trade Sanchez or Cain, and we want to put Wheeler in there...at some point we may have to get rid of Zito to make room.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zito is still serviceable if he's your #4 or #5. It's not like he's a bad clubhouse guy, or has to "bounce back" to mediocrity. Rowand on the other hand needs to have a comeback year just to come close to league average. Of the two, he's the one I would move.

Agreed.

I feel bad for Gamer. I've harped on this but the Padilla beaning is behind this, I just have a hunch.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
On our team currently Zito's the 5th starter, but I agree if you're spending the money he has value as a 4/5. Who else ya want, Wellie?

That said, if we don't trade Sanchez or Cain, and we want to put Wheeler in there...at some point we may have to get rid of Zito to make room.

Best case scenario for the Giants is that Wheeler is ready in another year or so. At that point you still can't get rid of Madbum, because he'll still be very cheap and developing. I'd think that they might try to part with Sanchez if Wheeler's ready to open the 2012 season to see what bats they can get. Who knows, maybe Michael Main will regain his 2008 form before his injury and then we have ourselves a former top prospect reborn that we acquired for 3 months of Benjie fucking Molina.