• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brandon Lloyd signs with 49ers

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I only said something because you called him a bad poster when you didn't understand what he was saying (even if he misunderstood you, he wasn't saying what you said he was). Sometimes, you remind me of the girl on the mid-to end of this video (not calling you mental, just saying you miss the point and accuse the other):

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's low risk, no picks were traded, no roster spot is taken (and off-season spots and reps are within reason), no guaranteed, what does the reward matter in it being a bad pick-up or not? (It might not prove to be GOOD, just not bad.) He does what we need or better or he's gone. No issue with either player.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess? There's a whole lot of poop sitting behind Crabtree/Boldin right now (although I guess Patton gets a pass cuz rookie). Presumably one of those floaters floats to the top and becomes the third option.

Also, I like the idea of Lloyd but he hasn't played in a year so he may be worse than even Baldwin and won't make the team. Assuming he makes it and can be a decent slot receiver I like the idea.

Plus, there might be attitude concerns with him that could force him off the roster, regardless of his worth as a third wheel.

I do appreciate your attempt to pick an E-fight with me though. I've missed you, post more brother. Just like imac and warty your rage is missed around these parts and the board is better when you're an active participant.

How come you're not a mod any more?[/QUOTE]

I know why. He couldn't control himself and used his position to bully people.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But your justification was that it was a small contract that we could cut Lloyd if he didn't perform. Exactly what Cook has signed to. If Cook is no good, he's gone, but you didn't like it. Then, you said if Lloyd isn't good, then the contract is good because it is a small contract and we can get out of it. That was the only reason Whysie mentioned Cook, a player of a different position and skills. No one was comparing the players or your opinion of the players. You said the contract doesn't matter with Cook because he isn't good, but it is a plus for Lloyd because if he's no good... The discussion is on the contracts and risks, not the players.

pay attention. I said I don't like Cook as a player. I don't mind taking a chance on Lloyd. He has more upside. I don't see any upside on Cook. Its not that hard to understand. Get a clue man.

there are no risk with any 1 year contract. U can just cut the player if he doesn't perform. I just think its a waste to sign Cook. He isn't worth taking a chance on him. I don't see any upside with him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I only said something because you called him a bad poster when you didn't understand what he was saying (even if he misunderstood you, he wasn't saying what you said he was). Sometimes, you remind me of the girl on the mid-to end of this video (not calling you mental, just saying you miss the point and accuse the other):

no, what he said made no sense. U can't compare the 2 players. Common sense. He might not have common sense. nothing wrong with that, just admit it and move on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess? There's a whole lot of poop sitting behind Crabtree/Boldin right now (although I guess Patton gets a pass cuz rookie). Presumably one of those floaters floats to the top and becomes the third option.

Also, I like the idea of Lloyd but he hasn't played in a year so he may be worse than even Baldwin and won't make the team. Assuming he makes it and can be a decent slot receiver I like the idea.

Plus, there might be attitude concerns with him that could force him off the roster, regardless of his worth as a third wheel.

I do appreciate your attempt to pick an E-fight with me though. I've missed you, post more brother. Just like imac and warty your rage is missed around these parts and the board is better when you're an active participant.

His attitude would be something I might be concerned with. A 1 year layoff I am not so concerned. Isn't unusual for players to miss a season. Happens with serious injuries all the time.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pay attention. I said I don't like Cook as a player. I don't mind taking a chance on Lloyd. He has more upside. I don't see any upside on Cook. Its not that hard to understand. Get a clue man.

there are no risk with any 1 year contract. U can just cut the player if he doesn't perform. I just think its a waste to sign Cook. He isn't worth taking a chance on him. I don't see any upside with him.

"Worth taking a chance" when it costs nothing? It doesn't cost us cap, a roster spot, or preclude us from drafting or signing anyone else at that or any other position. Same thing with Lloyd.

Keep saying, "hey attention" or "get a clue" mean you have any idea what Whysies was saying. You used the rationale that people were using for Cook with Lloyd.

Doesn't matter whether you like the player or not - the discussion was about the risk and it was no risk with either player. There is no comparing the players by anyone. Whysies was not comparing the players. How can you not get this?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, what he said made no sense. U can't compare the 2 players. Common sense. He might not have common sense. nothing wrong with that, just admit it and move on.

It doesn't make sense to you because you don't understand common sense logic. He wasn't comparing players at all. He was comparing the risk and the risk is the same. You used the fact that Lloyd had no risk as a positive but you seemed to act like you did not understand why people were saying that Cook was not a risk. Why do you keep saying take a chance when there's no cost?

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record MHSL is right, though I'm not surprised Purgs is having these reading comprehension issues.

I will say Purgs' aggressive "Learn how to read, idiot!" stance is pretty funny given his own (willful? Please God, tell me it's willful) inability to follow along. This is why I'm voting comedic genius, there's no way a real person could be this aggressively dense.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record MHSL is right, though I'm not surprised Purgs is having these reading comprehension issues.

I will say Purgs' aggressive "Learn how to read, idiot!" stance is pretty funny given his own (willful? Please God, tell me it's willful) inability to follow along. This is why I'm voting comedic genius, there's no way a real person could be this aggressively dense.

one day u will learn. U just don't get it. Some funny shit. u crack me up. Made my day with these dumb posts. :laugh3:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't make sense to you because you don't understand common sense logic. He wasn't comparing players at all. He was comparing the risk and the risk is the same. You used the fact that Lloyd had no risk as a positive but you seemed to act like you did not understand why people were saying that Cook was not a risk. Why do you keep saying take a chance when there's no cost?

its not the same. On has a higher reward(Lloyd). The other (Cook) gives us nothing. When will u get it. Thats common sense.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're the only person worthy of bullying, Toby. Your dipshit viewpoints make sure of that. :laugh3:

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good back-up plan signing. I would hope that Patton and the 9ers' rookie WR will push him to the 5th WR but we need insurance.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its not the same. On has a higher reward(Lloyd). The other (Cook) gives us nothing. When will u get it. Thats common sense.

Common sense says that does not matter if you can get rid of them at no cost. I'm not even saying that Cook is better than Lloyd. I'm just saying that if both carry no risk, you can sign both. You used the logic that the contract was escapable. That was what people were telling you with Cook. It has nothing to do with high reward or low reward. If it doesn't cost you anything, there's no reason not to do it. Therefore, there was no reason for anyone to say that these were bad deals. Of course, you can like one more than the other.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Common sense says that does not matter if you can get rid of them at no cost. I'm not even saying that Cook is better than Lloyd. I'm just saying that if both carry no risk, you can sign both. You used the logic that the contract was escapable. That was what people were telling you with Cook. It has nothing to do with high reward or low reward. If it doesn't cost you anything, there's no reason not to do it. Therefore, there was no reason for anyone to say that these were bad deals. Of course, you can like one more than the other.
True. Neither have any guaranteed money that the 9ers will lose. I fail to see the logic of this discussion here.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Lloyd has a pretty good shot at being our 3rd.

I like Patton but his problem is his skillset is redundant with Crabtree and Boldin out there.

In general the team is allergic to starting rookies so even if we spend a 1st rounder on one it's likely they'll be a guy that comes in on packages and not the first guy off the bench.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lloyd has a pretty good shot at being our 3rd.

I like Patton but his problem is his skillset is redundant with Crabtree and Boldin out there.

In general the team is allergic to starting rookies so even if we spend a 1st rounder on one it's likely they'll be a guy that comes in on packages and not the first guy off the bench.

I think Patton had a chance to do something last year as a rookie but the injuries put an end to that

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got riled too easily and your actions got you exactly what you deserved.......Shit-canned.

What explains Ray_Dogg, then? I think it is more likely that they are downsizing because they feel more than 2 moderators aren't necessary.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it. We still have two NE board mods and have much less activity.

Maybe they just didn't want to do it any more?