• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brandon Jennings

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one has made him an offer yet, apparently. He's only got the $4.53M qualifying offer from Milwaukee. I can't believe no team would offer him a bit more than that. Granted, he has some flaws, but he can certainly be a dynamic scorer. Consider Monta got something around $9M, and a multi-year deal, and no one even making a lowball offer to Jennings seems really odd to me.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a prima donna, that would want to be a starter and is a high volume black hole who wants attention first and foremost. No thanks. I could see the Kings making a push for him since they missed out on Monta, though.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I'm not suggesting the Warriors should want him. Just surprised no one seems to.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anybody making a formal offer to Jennings is going to have to make it be big enough that they think Jennings would accept it, but Milwaukee wouldn't match it. (Or at least would have to think really hard.)

If a team makes a low-ball multi-year offer, they can be guaranteed one of two things happens: either Jennings doesn't sign it (so he plays for $4.5M this year and is an unrestricted free agent next summer), or the Bucks match it because it's a great deal for them. Either way, the new team doesn't end up with him. That'll be the case whether it's a one-year or a multi-year deal.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have bet $ on Jennings getting an offer from DEN when the offseason began, they lost Iggy, could have used his production.

I think Jennings can be dynamic in the right system, but he's another tweener, who really isn't a 1 or a 2. Doesn't exactly do one thing well, but for some reason I remember him going off for 20+ points against us in one quarter last year.

RFA's like Jennings normally get larger offer from bad teams. The Hornets/Bobcats or Pelicans, Kings or 76ers come to mind, heck, PHI doesn't even have a Head Coach yet.

Maybe he waits it out and eventually gets a call from one of those guys.

rayhl111

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JENN

I think B. Jennings is a PG. He's just not a Point that plays the game effectively but he is no way a 2. I bet he signs w/Milw on a 3 yr deal. He would be good on the Knicks as he is an upgrade over Felton. Also, Indy too.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think B. Jennings is a PG. He's just not a Point that plays the game effectively but he is no way a 2. I bet he signs w/Milw on a 3 yr deal. He would be good on the Knicks as he is an upgrade over Felton. Also, Indy too.

I agree with most of this...... In no way is Jennings a 2...... New York would be a fit, but they don't have any money. Jennings wouldn't be a fit in Indiana, because they ask for defense before offense, and Jennings is allergic to defense (aside from gambling for steals).

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the Celtics? Could he play 2G in that system with Rondo?

Flambo Gus

Token Native Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His attitude, coupled with the fact that the Bucks are basically forced to match any offer are what is driving down his value.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the Celtics? Could he play 2G in that system with Rondo?

I wouldn't be so high on that idea if I were a Celtics fan - that would mean both of their backcourt starters are 6'1". They'd pretty much have the same problems the Warriors had when both Curry and Ellis were playing together on the floor - offensively that would be sweet but defensively it would be a nightmare. Either Rondo or Jennings would have the defend a taller 2 guard and that would mean low post city all day for the opposition.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be so high on that idea if I were a Celtics fan - that would mean both of their backcourt starters are 6'1". They'd pretty much have the same problems the Warriors had when both Curry and Ellis were playing together on the floor - offensively that would be sweet but defensively it would be a nightmare. Either Rondo or Jennings would have the defend a taller 2 guard and that would mean low post city all day for the opposition.

Not quite the same, Rondo is strong and long, he can guard 2s, but he's a drama queen as well, can't see him willingly doing that night in and night out

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My money is on Mil for 1 year, then Philly next year on a 3 year deal.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite the same, Rondo is strong and long, he can guard 2s, but he's a drama queen as well, can't see him willingly doing that night in and night out

This. It would certainly be a mess as far as the personalities, but winning solves a lot of those issues, and if Rondo thinks he can win more often without Jennings than with him, he is delusional.

EDIT: It doesn't really seem like the Celtics' front office is interested in winning many games in the 2013-14 season, so...

shaffdogg76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jennings is a good player who is stuck in a bad situation. Hopefully, he can get out of Milwaukee next season and showcase his abilities with some better teammates in the front court so that he isn't forced to take so many bad shots.

I could see him going to the Lakers after he plays out this last year with the Bucks.

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This. It would certainly be a mess as far as the personalities, but winning solves a lot of those issues, and if Rondo thinks he can win more often without Jennings than with him, he is delusional.

EDIT: It doesn't really seem like the Celtics' front office is interested in winning many games in the 2013-14 season, so...

This. Not sure how it would work on the court, but it's irrelevant because of the point in bold.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jennings is a good player who is stuck in a bad situation. Hopefully, he can get out of Milwaukee next season and showcase his abilities with some better teammates in the front court so that he isn't forced to take so many bad shots.

I could see him going to the Lakers after he plays out this last year with the Bucks.

Good player is the key word. He'd be one hell of a 6th man. Not sure I'd want him to be the focus of my team. He'll either be a starter on bad teams his entire career, or use this as a moment for humility, move to the bench and be an x-factor on winning teams.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good player is the key word. He'd be one hell of a 6th man. Not sure I'd want him to be the focus of my team. He'll either be a starter on bad teams his entire career, or use this as a moment for humility, move to the bench and be an x-factor on winning teams.

But for $4.5M (or slightly over), that's not really a bad deal for a good 6th man, no? I mean think of how many teams are paying a lot more than that for absolutely dreadful 6th men, or guys who don't even play. *cough*Biedrins*cough*d for them either.

Well, his situation is at least partly his own doing, do I'm not feeling sorry for him, but it just seems odd. Not sure how high Milwaukee would go to match, I guess their options are limited now.

shaffdogg76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure he is really a sixth man. He seems like a good starting point guard to me. I certainly can't think of 29 point guards that are better than him at his age (23). I think he is good enough to start for the Lakers, Heat, and Rockets (off the top of my head).

The real issue is that he plays for a very, very poorly constructed basketball team that is totally lacking in skilled front court players who can effectively space the floor with their 3 point shooting.

Bad Team + Bad Teammates = Bad shots for Jennings

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jennings is the ultimate fringe player, in that you don't know if he's doing more to help or hurt your team. His statistic will always be there mainly because of his high usage rate, but the NBA has arguably the most talent at the PG position than it has ever in the history of the league.

The reason Jennings is not getting the deals out there that he wants is mainly because teams have either invested in their own PG's or are allocating money to other positions. RFA hurts his ability to sign with other teams because of what has been stated earlier that no teams want to make an offer they seem to be fair market, only to have the Bucks match. On top of that his signing was much delayed because teams were unwilling to lock up their cap space, while having to wait on the Bucks to match, and watch numerous other free agents getting signed elsewhere. By that time, most of the teams who had cap space already used it, and Jennings (and similarly Pekovic) are out of luck.

Jennings is a good player but at best he's on the bottom half of average for starting PG's in the NBA. He's a below average defender, below average shooter, and most of his value comes from his athleticism. Those skills are a dime a dozen in the NBA. He could be a good fit for teams who need PG's but those teams have no shot at putting an offer close to what Jennings would consider. His value is probably similar to the deal that Jeremy Lin got with Houston or Goran Dragic got with the Suns. Would he be willing to take that deal is the billion dollar question.