• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brandon Graham

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. All the real evidence belongs to Graham.

No one here is saying otherwise.....before/after exists and one of the things that adds to the before/after lore is that Thomas was considered by many the right pick at the time. I think we are all doing a mea culpa on "at the time" as it pertains to draft picks. Like....how silly we were....those of us that KNEW Thomas was the better pick "at the time".

I agree with OD here....you miss the point on this, my friend.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one here is saying otherwise.....before/after exists and one of the things that adds to the before/after lore is that Thomas was considered by many the right pick at the time. I think we are all doing a mea culpa on "at the time" as it pertains to draft picks. Like....how silly we were....those of us that KNEW Thomas was the better pick "at the time".

I agree with OD here....you miss the point on this, my friend.

:nod:

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on the Earl Thomas wagon back then too, and I really believe he would have been a wonderful player for us. At the time, I agree it would have been a better choice to take Thomas because we needed/wanted to replace Dawk so bad - we all saw how impactful that type of player was, and everyone saw him as the second coming. But after what Brandon did, and everything he went through to lead up to the events of making that historic play, none of the "woulda coulda shoulda" matters anymore. The end justified the means, relatively speaking.

I know it's easy in hindsight, but this team had a lot of contributing members on it this year that made me (and others, safe to assume) eat a lot of crow. Kelce, BG, Kendricks, Foles, etc. - I could not be more proud to say that, given what it has resulted in.