• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bowman update??

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most of you regulars have the latest news on Bowman's surgery so instead of going to the NFL sites, thought it would be a good choice to come. How is he doing?? What is his prognosis.

A horrendous injury for sure so hoping he heals soon.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most of you regulars have the latest news on Bowman's surgery so instead of going to the NFL sites, thought it would be a good choice to come. How is he doing?? What is his prognosis.

A horrendous injury for sure so hoping he heals soon.

He had surgery and it is estimated that he would be back around the start of the season.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He had surgery and it is estimated that he could be back around the start of the season.

FIFY. It's somewhat optimistic to expect him back for week one. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he ends up on the PUP. He's a long-term investment for the Niners, so they won't rush him back.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for the update

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FIFY. It's somewhat optimistic to expect him back for week one. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he ends up on the PUP. He's a long-term investment for the Niners, so they won't rush him back.

I was just stating what is being reported for a return. I heard the same thing about PUP.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't believe this guy got ZERO votes for DPOY......

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Harbaugh: Realistic return for Bowman is midseason | CSN Bay Area

This would be my guess as well.

I don't think the team is going to rush him back because we obviously have the playoffs in mind and as long you can absorb the blow of losing either Pat or Bow with the other guy picking up the slack.

Now if we lose both at the same time that could be an issue.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn that looks like a bad rehab. He is a long ways away.

Keep Fighting Bowman

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Willis will be the defensive MVP of the league next year. Watch. He will pick up all the slack and have an amazing year. The voters will feel bad for snubbing Bowman this past season and vote for Willis to make up for it.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just pumped Bowman might play at all next season.

For the rest of that game all I could do was mumble "fuck."

[YOUTUBE]1lElf7D-An8[/YOUTUBE]

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn that looks like a bad rehab. He is a long ways away.

Keep Fighting Bowman

Bad rehab was probably Tank Carradine's. he had a 'mass' of scar tissue removed for gods sake!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm just pumped Bowman might play at all next season.

For the rest of that game all I could do was mumble "fuck."

[YOUTUBE]1lElf7D-An8[/YOUTUBE]

agree, so far it isn't "career ending" or out next season entirely. at the time it appeared MUCH worse than 'half a season'.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Keep in mind Manningham missed half the season too after the same injury, and when he came back he was useless.

Bowman is making around 9 million a season. After an injury like that I'd be more comfortable if the team simply cut him & signed someone else. He might have trade value, but maybe not. I just don't know of a player who's ever torn both his ACL & MCL on the same play & came back to greatness. Has there been?

I'd say the same thing about any player on the team. We are only talking about human beings here.

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind Manningham missed half the season too after the same injury, and when he came back he was useless.

Bowman is making around 9 million a season. After an injury like that I'd be more comfortable if the team simply cut him & signed someone else. He might have trade value, but maybe not. I just don't know of a player who's ever torn both his ACL & MCL on the same play & came back to greatness. Has there been?

I'd say the same thing about any player on the team. We are only talking about human beings here.

Apples and oranges. Manningham and Bowman play different positions. Receivers do a lot more running and cutting. ILBs do not...I think a midseason return for Bowman is more realistic like Harbaugh said.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Apples and oranges. Manningham and Bowman play different positions. Receivers do a lot more running and cutting. ILBs do not...I think a midseason return for Bowman is more realistic like Harbaugh said.

It's not a question of if he'll return or not; it's a question of whether he'll return to greatness and justify that huge contract.

By the way, it's been a couple of months and nobody is yet to have named a player who returned to greatness after tearing both the ACL and the MCL. I'm not saying it's never happened; I just don't know of an instance. I'd feel much better if I did.